cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2016 NFL Mock Draft: Pre-Combine (7 Rounds) - Mock Drafts - Pro Football Spot

Our picks:
Round 1
Dallas: Joey Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State - The Cowboys are in the perfect spot. Regardless of what happens, they are going to get a great prospect. In this scenario, they get arguably the best player in the whole class, at a big position of need. Talk about a no-brainer.

Round 2
Dallas: Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia

Round 3
Dallas: Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama

Round 4
Dallas: Charone Peake, WR, Clemson
Dallas (Comp): Justin Simmons, S, Boston College

Round 6
Dallas (from OAK): Brandon Allen, QB, Arkansas
Dallas (Comp): Alex Balducci, INT, Oregon
Dallas (Comp): Alonzo Russell, WR, Toledo

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Same players available, I'd go:

Our picks:
Round 1
Dallas: Joey Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State

Round 2
Dallas: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama - No way he's here.

Round 3
Dallas: Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

Round 4
Dallas: Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame
Dallas (Comp): Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State

Round 6
Dallas (from OAK): Tyler Matakevich, LB, Temple
Dallas (Comp): Jayron Kearse, S, Clemson
Dallas (Comp): KeVarae Russell, CB, Notre Dame

Iamtdg

Reaction score

Our picks:
Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 6

Now, that I can get behind.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Outside of Bosa, I would be furious with that draft.

Henry in the 3rd wouldn't be bad, but I don't think he'd be there in the 3rd

Brandon Allen in the 6th wouldn't be awful either, but he wont be there then IMO

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Our picks:
Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 6

That might be killer, but no way Robinson makes it to our pick in round two I suspect

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Henry in the 3rd wouldn't be bad, but I don't think he'd be there in the 3rd

Brandon Allen in the 6th wouldn't be awful either, but he wont be there then IMO

I didn't even count those because there is no way they make it to those spots.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Brugler had Bosa to us in his latest mock draft too.

4. Dallas Cowboys: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
The Cowboys need to address the defensive line this offseason and if Bosa is still available at pick No. 4, but I don't think he'll still be around at pick No. 5. Bosa would be an ideal fit at left end in Rod Marinelli's scheme with Demarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory rushing off the right side.

More:

The Cowboys have issues at each level of the defense, which is why Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey and UCLA linebacker Myles Jack will be in play with the fourth pick. But if Ohio State defensive end Joey Bosa is still available, he would arguably make the greatest impact for the Cowboys.

A natural fit at left defensive end, Bosa would give Dallas defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli options with Demarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory at right defensive end. Bosa has the skill-set to move inside on passing downs and would instantly upgrade the Cowboys' rush attack.

Reaction score
The more I see these mocks that have us taking Bosa, Jack or Ramsey, the more pissed I'm getting about the inevitability of us passing on a QB at 4. Don't get me wrong, they're good prospects, and would probably help... But we have also spent premium picks on those positions in the recent past. The one thing we haven't done in 25 years is take a QB in the top 15 of the first round in the draft. And aside from the miracle that was Romo our QB play has been absolute shit since Aikman left. We've brought in free agents, we've drafted in other rounds, we've brought in minor league baseball players... It's been awful. If this team doesn't take advantage of this opportunity, 2015's QB play is going to become a trend again.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The more I see these mocks that have us taking Bosa, Jack or Ramsey, the more pissed I'm getting about the inevitability of us passing on a QB at 4. Don't get me wrong, they're good prospects, and would probably help... But we have also spent premium picks on those positions in the recent past. The one thing we haven't done in 25 years is take a QB in the top 15 of the first round in the draft. And aside from the miracle that was Romo our QB play has been absolute shit since Aikman left. We've brought in free agents, we've drafted in other rounds, we've brought in minor league baseball players... It's been awful. If this team doesn't take advantage of this opportunity, 2015's QB play is going to become a trend again.

I want Goff, badly. If he goes in the top 3, Bosa, Ramsey, or Jack are all nice consolation prizes. Any of those 3 solves a defensive hole for the next several years.

I wouldn't mind Lynch or Wentz if we traded down into the 12-19 range, but I'd actually prefer Ezekial Elliot in that range.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I want Goff, badly. If he goes in the top 3, Bosa, Ramsey, or Jack are all nice consolation prizes. Any of those 3 solves a defensive hole for the next several years.

I wouldn't mind Lynch or Wentz if we traded down into the 12-19 range, but I'd actually prefer Ezekial Elliot in that range.

Wentz almost assuredly isn't going to make it to the 12-19 range. I have my doubts Lynch will either after the combine and pro day.

I kinda doubt Elliott lasts that long either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Would you take Lynch at 4 if Goff and Wentz both went before us?

Reaction score
Would you take Lynch at 4 if Goff and Wentz both went before us?
I would probably try to get into the 8-14 range and take him there. Possibly just taking a guy for someone in that range in exchange for them taking Lynch and giving us their 2nd.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I would probably try to get into the 8-14 range and take him there. Possibly just taking a guy for someone in that range in exchange for them taking Lynch and giving us their 2nd.

If that wasn't an option I would take Lynch at 4.

Top Bottom