dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Details of Johnny Manziel incident released; Police say case closed

8:36 PM ET

ESPN.com news services

Quarterback Johnny Manziel allegedly struck his ex-girlfriend several times during an incident at the Hotel ZaZa in downtown Dallas early last Saturday morning, according to a police report released Thursday.

According to the report, parts of which were redacted, Manziel and his ex-girlfriend left the hotel after he struck her. Manziel drove them to his ex-girlfriend's apartment in Fort Worth. The ex-girlfriend told officers that she and Manziel shouted angrily at each other, going back and forth, during the drive, and that he struck her several more times.

ABC affiliate WFAA in Dallas reported that Manziel told the woman to "shut up or I'll kill us both" after he forced her into the car.

The woman alleged that he was acting "as if he were on some kind of drugs" but maintained that he was not intoxicated.

Manziel, in an interview with TMZ Sports posted on its website Thursday, said of the claims that he struck his ex-girlfriend: "It didn't happen." He also said, "I'm completely stable. I'm safe and secure."

Manziel wasn't charged by police. Both the Dallas and Fort Worth police departments said Thursday they consider their investigations closed.

A source told ESPN's Pat McManamon earlier this week that the Browns plan to release Manziel in March, the end result of his latest off-the-field incident.

On Tuesday, the team said that Manziel's "continual involvement in incidents ... undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization." It said his status will be addressed when permitted by league rules.

The Browns offered another statement Thursday, saying they were aware of the police report and had nothing to add to their previous comments. New coach Hue Jackson also said Thursday that he stands by the team's previous comments.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Thursday that the league is aware of the details in the Manziel police report and its investigation is continuing.

Police initially responded to the assault call after a neighbor of Manziel's ex-girlfriend called 911 when she ran to her home to seek help, according to the report.

After arriving at the apartment complex in Fort Worth, Manziel's ex-girlfriend told police she was running in and out of her apartment to get away from the QB. Police say she became irritated and increasingly uncooperative with their questions.

The woman told officers that Manziel fled the apartment complex on foot. Police dispatched a helicopter to search for him. According to the report, police called Manziel's cell phone multiple times and received no answer. They also called Manziel's parents in an effort to locate him.

Manziel's father, Paul, was reached via phone by an officer early Saturday afternoon. He told the officer that he had seen his son and that Johnny was doing fine. According to the report, Manziel's father told the officer that he didn't want to further comment on the situation. He also requested that officers do not contact him again unless there is an existing warrant.

In an interview with WFAA posted Thursday, Manziel's father added: "We're trying to get our son better. We're not there yet."

NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith was asked Thursday if his group had been in touch with Manziel.

"We would never comment on our conversations with a player," Smith said. "Obviously we have a domestic violence commission, counselors, hotlines. But we make it a pretty strong position that we never talk about the conversations that we have with players."

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
New report: apparently Johnny Football went full Hardy on his girl

This was just pored to my news feed

New details have emerged from Johnny Manziel's most recent incident.

According to Manziel's ex-girlfriend Colleen Crowley, she was allegedly hit by the Browns quarterback and dragged by her hair before Manziel threatened to take both of their lives. This stemming from an argument over another girl in a hotel in the uptown part of Dallas.

Details via WFAA.com:

Crowley told police Manziel "restrained" (her) in some manner and "led" her down a back stairway to the valet area.

"I was crying and begged the valet, 'Please don't let him take me. I'm scared for my life!'" she told police. The valet reportedly told her, "I don't know what to do" and let Manziel leave with her.

Sources say Manziel then drove her about a half mile to her car which was parked near the Concrete Cowboy bar off Cedar Springs Road. She claims she jumped out of the car and tried to hide from Manziel but he found her in some nearby bushes.

"He grabbed me by my hair and threw me back into the car and got back in himself," she reported told police. "He hit me with his open hand on my left ear for jumping out of the car. I realized immediately that I could not hear out of that ear, and I still cannot today, two days later."

Crowley then reportedly hit Manziel several times hoping to get out of the car, but, she told police, Manziel "threw me off of him" and she hit her head on the car window. She told police he would not give her phone.

Sources say Manziel then got on Interstate 30 and began driving to her apartment in Fort Worth. While en route, she claims, she yelled at him, "I hate you!" He allegedly replied that "he was going to drop me off, take my car and go kill himself," sources said.

She says she thought he was on drugs or maybe having a psychotic break. She told police she then began telling him she loved him.

She says at that time Manziel "started laughing" and then reportedly yelled at her to "shut up or I'll kill us both."

The two made it back to her apartment in Fort Worth. In the police report, Crowley said she grabbed a knife in protection against Manziel. That led to the quarterback leaving the apartment and police eventually sending a helicopter to search for him.

Manziel denies the allegations from the Jan. 30 incident.

"It didn't happen," Manziel told TMZ Sports. "I'm completely stable. I'm safe and secure. I have great things coming ahead.

"I know I've been having fun but I just need to get my body right. I'm 100% committed to playing football."

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think its safe to say that if JFF ends up on the team then jerri is back in 100% tard mode

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Apparently the locker next to Hardy will be available since Mincey who had the locker next to Hardy last season said it was either him or me (referring to resigning either Hardy or himself)

Hardy and Johnny Football can trade bitch bashing stories everyday and become best pals

Jerry would blow way past full ****** at that point

Last edited:
Reaction score
Won't happen here. Hardy was worth the risk since he's top 3 at his position.

Manziel hasn't done shit in the league. He's gonna be out quicker than Vince Young at this rate.

Now if he were like Tom Brady level talented, then Jerry would go out and find him girls to beat up as a signing bonus.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
LOL
I don't know, I can still see Jerry trying to talk Baby Huey into picking him up by saying "we can fix him"

We all know how Jerry likes to collect new additions to his Island of Misfit Toys

Iamtdg

Reaction score
His agent has now dumped him. His career is all but over. Hell, his dad has even now come out and said "if he doesn't get help, he won't see his 24th birthday".

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Good news at last!
One down, one more to go! I'm sure RGIII is looking like a saint right about now. He just needs to be sure not to get caught on camera at his local sports store trying on Cowboy jerseys

Report: Dallas Cowboys out on Johnny Manziel
Jeffrey Kahn - 11 minutes ago 0
Newsletter

When Johnny Manziel becomes available this offseason, the Dallas Cowboys reportedly do not want anything to do with him.

According to WFAA's Mike Leslie, the Cowboys do not have any plans on pursuing the soon-to-be released quarterback in free agency. This coming after the latest incident involving Manzel and his ex-girlfriend.

Via Leslie:

"A high-ranking Cowboys source says that Dallas is out on Manziel after the latest reports involving the quarterback and domestic violence allegations.

The same source had said earlier in the week that he doubted Dallas would pursue Manziel once he became available, as the Browns are expected to release the second-year player in March. But once the new allegations came to light, the source says Dallas will not pursue Manziel in free agency."

The Cowboys were thought to be a team interested in Manziel because of owner/GM Jerry Jones' infatuation with the former first-rounder. There was also a report from ESPN's Ed Werder citing that the former Texas A&M Aggie told people the Cowboys had interest in acquiring his talents.

Manziel's latest incident involving his ex-girlfriend appears to be the start of his free fall out of the NFL. As of Friday morning, the quarterback's agent dropped him indicating the end of their business partnership.

Related: Cowboys keeping all options open for backup QB position

The Cowboys will still need to find a backup quarterback this offseason, but as it stands with the latest report, don't expect the club to pursue Manziel

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There is no way Jerry could take him now. No matter how bad he wants him. Jerry can't take another woman beater and chance the media calling us a team full of women beaters

Too bad so sad for Johnny Football. His career is over. I'm sure he realizes that if the Cowboys of all teams, especially with JJ's infatuation with him are no longer willing to take a chance on him that no team will!

Now we will all get to watch as he spins even further out of control and watch him destroy his life just like he did with his career. I bet this sends little Johnny boy over the deep end

Last edited:

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Have absolutely no sympathy at all for either JF or his family. They deserve it all. Sometimes Karma really shows up

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Reports are the police have opened criminal investigations, and also that Manziel skipped his rehab sessions last week.

I agree with Iam, his career is over in the NFL.

Reaction score
His career isn't over. Someone will take a chance on him in once he goes to rehab and does all the right PR stuff.

Might have to go to Canada or something for a year to get back on track. But he's too young, has too much natural talent, and the league is too QB starved.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't think he's hit rock bottom yet. I believe his fall from grace will continue. With the police now opening a criminal investigation it wouldn't surprise me if he gets convicted. Plus he owns his nightclub now so I can see something crazy happening at the club and more trouble coming his way this year

I'm sure in his mind he feels he's just fine and doesn't need any help. And without an agent I don't see his career in football going anywhere. While he sits out this season he will fall further and further down the rabbit hole

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're all self righteous blowhards. We've all had some domestic flare-ups at that age and the kid has just made some mistakes.

On another note, someone please keep an eye on jnday.....he won't like this one bit and he's probably high tailing it to Dallas to help rehab this kid.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
His career isn't over. Someone will take a chance on him in once he goes to rehab and does all the right PR stuff.

Might have to go to Canada or something for a year to get back on track. But he's too young, has too much natural talent, and the league is too QB starved.

Doesn't have any natural talent. He's a school yard player who's small and doesn't have much arm strength.

Now in addition to being a drunk he can add grade A douche bag and woman beater to fill out his resume.

He's done.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
As a huge Aggie fan, I was rooting for the guy but this was the last straw for me. The idiot is throwing everything away.

Top Bottom