Reaction score
Given that Tony alone is good for 8 wins, Garrett will survive as long as Romo is healthy. If standards were super bowl, then that 12-4 season shouldn't have even mattered. We looked like shit against Detroit and then lost to a shitty GB team with a one-legged Rodgers. Not sure how that's considered a particularly outstanding coaching job.

Unfortunately, Romo is too happy with being coddled by the Valley Ranch family. People hate on Lebron for getting Blatt fired, but I don't get the point in keeping a coach around who can't scheme against top teams.

I'd love to see a stat showing Garrett's record against opponents above .500. I'm sure it's abysmal.

The guy has kept his job by squeaking past shitty teams at opportune times.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Given that Tony alone is good for 8 wins, Garrett will survive as long as Romo is healthy. If standards were super bowl, then that 12-4 season shouldn't have even mattered. We looked like shit against Detroit and then lost to a shitty GB team with a one-legged Rodgers. Not sure how that's considered a particularly outstanding coaching job.

Unfortunately, Romo is too happy with being coddled by the Valley Ranch family. People hate on Lebron for getting Blatt fired, but I don't get the point in keeping a coach around who can't scheme against top teams.

I'd love to see a stat showing Garrett's record against opponents above .500. I'm sure it's abysmal.

The guy has kept his job by squeaking past shitty teams at opportune times.

most of the teams that beat us in the 7 game losing streak were pretty sad or at best mediocre

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
But the problem is, when he does get rid of Garrett, it will be too late to where it would mean anything.

Not if you draft a QB this year it won't. The team will still have the youngest OL in the league and have a young QB that will be ready to be a starter.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I do agree though that the Cowboys will be in the exact same position next year when Romo gets hurt again if they don't draft a QB early in this draft.

How prophetic of a post was this?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
How prophetic of a post was this?

Just goes to show how much of an idiot the Jones’ are. A guy with no pro football experience could see the writing on the wall (2 years ago) but they couldn’t.

Reaction score
Just goes to show how much of an idiot the Jones’ are. A guy with no pro football experience could see the writing on the wall (2 years ago) but they couldn’t.

Jerry Jones, if anything, has been a prime, grade A example of why appealing to authority is a logical fallacy.

"I trust Jerry more than some jerk on an internet forum. He's been a GM for decades, so clearly he is more knowledgeable about it than you."

Time capsules like this old thread put that idiocy to sleep.

(How many of you mentally attached an Idgit or Hostile avatar to that example I posted?)

Top Bottom