yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Chin up fellas, here's his prediction for next season:

This season will tell us everything

here's my prediction. Dallas will have the no. 1 rated defense and a top 10 offense and make it to the SB by beating Carolina....

call me crazy!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hostile is Yim's buddy.

less all the humble brags, conspiracy fears, control freak, etc, etc

My guy genuinely believes this shit and is merely excited, not angry or trying to win some stupid argument. I don't know how he does it, he's 50 years old like me. We both grew up about a 1/2 mile from the Cowboys practice facilities where we hung out all the time, met the players, watched practices, etc, went to school with the players kids, saw what consistent great football was all about.

Hell I guess I was still optimistic myself in hoping Garrett might have a little something but this year took a chunk out of what little hope I had in that regard

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
These positive fans that still jump up and down defending this team must be too damn young to remember that at one time , Super Bowls was the one and only goal in Dallas. Anything else was a failure. Standards have really declined since Jerry the wino and his half wit son became the " football guys" in the front office. I can only hope that the fuzzy headed , ****** grandson will be an improvement when he takes over.

Spaulding! I don't know he looks an awful lot like a young Jerry. He might not actually be a grandson but a clone Jerry had created in order to ensure that he'll be running this team for the next 50-60 years.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Everyone that wants Garrett gone (including myself) will have to wait. Unless Sean Payton becomes available in the next couple of years Garrett isn't going anywhere.

Reaction score
I have hopes Garrett is gone after 2016. We're not returning to the playoffs this year. It's going to get hard for Jerry to keep him around eventually.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here is my prediction for Garret's future

We will somehow fuck up our 4th overall pick and NOT get a QB that can take over for Romo when he gets injured in 2016. We will be in the same exact situation of loosing games while Romo is on the mend. We will have no solution to the problem AGAIN. And worst of all....

Garret will be safe AGAIN because of Romo's injury

It will be Groundhog Day all over again

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Here is my prediction for Garret's future

We will somehow fuck up our 4th overall pick and NOT get a QB that can take over for Romo when he gets injured in 2016. We will be in the same exact situation of loosing games while Romo is on the mend. We will have no solution to the problem AGAIN. And worst of all....

Garret will be safe AGAIN because of Romo's injury

It will be Groundhog Day all over again

Everyone that is saying drafting a QB would be a mistake is going to be bitching and moaning once Romo gets hurt again this year and crying about how the Cowboys should have drafted a QB with their first picks.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We should have drafted a RB last season. Imagine what our season would have looked like if we had Gurley to take some of the heat off of our looser back up QB's

But I digress

If we don't draft a QB we will be saying the same thing next season

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We should have drafted a RB last season. Imagine what our season would have looked like if we had Gurley to take some of the heat off of our looser back up QB's

But I digress

If we don't draft a QB we will be saying the same thing next season

Both Gurley and Gordon were off the board by the time the Cowboys pick came up. I wanted them to get TJ Yeldon or Tevin Coleman in the second. Yeldon was gone but Coleman was still on the board when their 2nd round pick came up. If Gregory had not fallen to them I believe they would have taken Coleman. After that, none of the backs on the board were any better than who they already had.

I do agree though that the Cowboys will be in the exact same position next year when Romo gets hurt again if they don't draft a QB early in this draft.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've actually followed the Rams last season if their game was not on at the same time as my cowboy games for two reasons. Because I knew they would be coming back to L.A. and would once again be my home team, and because of Gurley

I would of loved for him to be a Cowboy. But if he couldn't be a Cowboy I'm really glad he plays for the Rams. At least I'll get to see him play in person next season

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Matt Jones
Jeremy Langford
David Johnson

Again, none better than McFadden. McFadden had almost twice as many yards as any of this guys.

Also if Randle wasn't such a dipshit he would have finished the season right in line with those guys if not with more yards.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Also if Randle wasn't such a dipshit henwiildnjave finished the season right in line with those guys if not with more yards.

Yep and Randle gave this team no warning that he wasn't the guy for the job either. He just blindsided them.

and drafting Jones, Langford, and Johnson wouldn't be about being "better than McFadden" right now, it would be about getting a RB to share the load with him now and be better than him down the road.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yep and Randle gave this team no warning that he wasn't the guy for the job either. He just blindsided them.

and drafting Jones, Langford, and Johnson wouldn't be about being "better than McFadden" right now, it would be about getting a RB to share the load with him now and be better than him down the road.

David Johnson was also off the board by the Cowboys 3rd pick. So only time will tell if Langford or Matt Jones will be better running backs than Chaz Green will be as a RT. I will say that at least those guys would have contributed to the team this year, unlike Green. In the long run though Green may end up being the better player.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah Yim, you got me. I have been formulating a point by point excoriation of your OP. Except for morality, there is nothing similar about Landry and Garrett - even in morality, Landry never used common curse words.

How moral is it to throw players, coaches, and units under the bus for his failures? Landry never did that.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have hopes Garrett is gone after 2016. We're not returning to the playoffs this year. It's going to get hard for Jerry to keep him around eventually.

But the problem is, when he does get rid of Garrett, it will be too late to where it would mean anything.

Top Bottom