dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not really about the politics, was just curious if anyone else in here enjoys shooting or collecting guns?

I've recently started going to the gun range and shooting and enjoy it. While I had been around guns since I was kid, I had never bought my own gun until a month ago. Also went ahead and got a carry license.

Since we're stuck with the red headed ****** as HC, we have to find other topics to discuss.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Have never owned, held or fired a real gun, but I do walk around with a loaded weapon (wink, wink).

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
insult my delicate princess one more time and I will buy a gun

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm not a gun nut. I don't go to the range or anything. I enjoy having one for safety.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I enjoyed target shooting as a casual hobby years ago. Shooting phone books is fun. Used to be able to hit a dime at 100 yards with my Marlin .22 semi-auto equipped with 5 power scope. Anymore though, I just keep my 12 ga. pump and my "Judge" pistol handy for home security.

I decided many many years ago never to shoot animals, or hunt. More power to those who choose to do so, but I decided the animals have just as much right to live as we do. Feral Hogs might be a exception however - those are highly destructive and breeding in incredible numbers.

Reaction score
Have never owned one, but I've fired a number of them. I'm a pretty good shot given my relative inexperience though.

I am going to get my carry license in the near future and purchase a handgun though. Open carry laws are now in effect in Texas, and apparently, you can't prevent licensed carriers from bringing firearms into the courthouse. They can't take them into the courtroom or staff offices, but just having them in the hall is threatening enough given the type of cases I handle (family law). Plus, I need to have one in my office.

What I'm really interested in is learning how to shoot a bow.

Last edited:

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Well I grew shooting all manner of weapons.
I've hunted most of the game animals in New Mexico and the Llano Estacado area of west Texas.But I quit all that hunting stuff in the 80's,it lost it's appeal.I know I could do it if I needed too that's good enough for me.
I'm a pretty fair shot,but hardly use a weapon for recreational purposes at all.
I do keep a 9mm pistol close at hand around the house.
I know guns,I like guns.

Reaction score
dbair, Sheik, Six - What do you have?

I have a carry license and carry on a daily basis. Not at work. Not all day. But when I'm out as a pedestrian, particularly before and after daylight. My Taurus single stack 9mm with a laser fills the conceal carry role quite well. Taurus lacks prestige, but mine has performed flawlessly. Subcompacts with 3 inch barrels don't have target pistol accuracy, but hitting center mass at self defense distances is no trouble. I like several things about the gun. It isn't expensive or otherwise special, so it doesn't matter to me if the finish gets worn or scratched. I don't need the external safety, but I don't mind having it. I don't rely on the loaded chamber indicator, but I like having it.

I just obtained a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical in 9mm. Manufactured in the Czech Republic, it is an all metal, full size pistol that has an interesting history (the CZ 75 was first built in 1975 in Czechoslovakia and was a big hit behind the iron curtain) and a strong reputation. I haven't had the chance to take it to the range yet. Maybe this weekend.

I have a couple of revolvers that I haven't shot in years. One of them is a S&W 629 Classic with 6 1/2 inch barrel ... it is a pre-lock stainless steel version of Dirty Harry's .44 magnum. I'm going to take it to the range one of these days. I've toyed with the idea of occasionally carrying it concealed, under a jacket. Not sure that the experience would be worth the cost of a shoulder holster though.

I have several long guns (for hunting) that I haven't used in a very long time. I plan to sell them, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I just bought my first one last month and have been going to the range regularly, its a Springfield XD Mod 2 9mm (full size version). Its fun to shoot with. I cant really say if the gun itself is accurate or not, because I wasn't a real good shot when I started. That said I have improved a ton in just a few weeks. I think this will work for carry purposes but I may grab a smaller carry gun after my permit arrives.

I applied for my carry license but was told by the county here it'd be 75-90 days before it came. They say their overrun with C&C requests now.

I'm looking at buying something else now, would like to have a full size .45 caliber of some sort.

Havent started shooting rifles regularly yet but once I do I think I might look into some sort of AR-15

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
My 9 is an old Hi-Point 8 shot I bought from a guy leaving town.
I like it cause it'll fit in my back jeans pocket nicely.
I've also got a Taurus 65 .357 wheel gun with 4 in barrel that my nephew has at his place for awhile.
Neither gun is anything special,just dependable weapons I got at the right price.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Have never owned one, but I've fired a number of them. I'm a pretty good shot given my relative inexperience though.

I am going to get my carry license in the near future and purchase a handgun though. Open carry laws are now in effect in Texas, and apparently, you can't prevent licensed carriers from bringing firearms into the courthouse. They can't take them into the courtroom or staff offices, but just having them in the hall is threatening enough given the type of cases I handle (family law). Plus, I need to have one in my office.

What I'm really interested in is learning how to shoot a bow.

Take a bow into the courthouse and ain't nobody fucking with you.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I have a 12-gauge Benelli that's just begging to take an intruder's leg off.
Always shoot for the upper left torso, never at a leg or other extremity. Not even with a shotgun. Shooting them in the leg or arm like on TV and the movies is a good way to get shot yourself. #firearmtraining

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You should start packing a bow in the courthouse.

Oh, fuck you! I stopped at his comment to say the same thing, only to continue the thread and see you've beaten me to it.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Don't have any guns myself, but ever since I saw Faceoff I've always wanted to get a sweet ass 1911.

I do enjoy shooting every now and then, but fuck, what an expensive hobby it can be.

Top Bottom