Reaction score
Cowboys' plane in New Orleans fuels Sean Payton rumors 1 / 10
Pat Bradley
7 hrs ago

Could Jason Garrett be the next NFL coach to be fired?

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones’ plane was spotted at a New Orleans airport late Tuesday night, and Jones was spotted at a New Orleans bar soon after.

With Saints coach Sean Payton being courted by several teams, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Jones and the Cowboys make a push for one of the most sought-after coaches in the football.

Apparently that’s not the purpose of the visit, though, as CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora reported that it was just a coincidence that Jones was in town.

We’ll believe it when we see it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm having evil thoughts about that plane but I don't want the pilot(s) or crew to pay for Jerry's sins.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Would be awesome to see Payton here. Unlikely though

I just find it odd that after that train wreck of a season they don't seem inclined to make ANY change

Reaction score
It's amazing what one man could do to reenergize this entire fanbase. Payton makes Dallas instant contenders.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just fucking cut this shit out. JASON IS STAYING. Geezus! Assholes will do anything for clicks.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
dumb. he's not gonna pay Red's contract, Payton's $8M contract and fork over a #2 draft pick. besides, like Red, Payton is a creation of his elite QB.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Would be awesome to see Payton here. Unlikely though

I just find it odd that after that train wreck of a season they don't seem inclined to make ANY change

Here is a clipping of an interview with Jerry. Sad to hear that he actually recognizes that adjustments (or lack there of) were an issue this season yet he will do nothing about Garret. See below

After injuries, what are the major factors that led to the 4-12 record?

"Not adjusting, we didn't make adjustments and that's across the board. That's not just directed toward coaches or us or an individual player. Mentality wise, we probably early felt that we were going to get these injuries behind us and we would get them behind us in a better shape to compete for the majority of the season. That didn't turn out for us at all. Obviously, Tony (Romo) injured his shoulder. And we didn't get a healthy Dez (Bryant) at the level that we had anticipated. Those and the adjustments that we were making at that time were just not successful. That resulted in losses. This team kept fighting, we keep hearing that, it's a fact."

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And we didn't get a healthy Dez (Bryant) at the level that we had anticipated.
Yeah, just saw where he is going in for surgery on that foot and also the ankle today.

He wasn't healed. He should have had the surgery immediately. He should have been placed on IR.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Not sure if I'd be ok with what it would take to get him anyway.

Much rather have Jon Gruden and the draft picks if we were to go that direction.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been let down too many times the past couple yearsto get my hopes again.

I think Jerry was asked if he was there for Payton too, and said no.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
ESPN reporting that Payton is staying as HC of New Orleans

Sean Payton to remain head coach of Saints
3:08 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

Sean Payton will remain head coach of the New Orleans Saints.

At a news conference on Wednesday, Payton said of the Saints, "This is where I plan on coaching. I don't envision ever coaching for another club."

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here is a clipping of an interview with Jerry. Sad to hear that he actually recognizes that adjustments (or lack there of) were an issue this season yet he will do nothing about Garret.

Jerry just does not want to make it appear that he is panicking and thus not in control, and getting rid of Garrett would show that (in his mind).

Romo is OLDER. He's going to get hurt more. What will the excuse be then?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
ESPN reporting that Payton is staying as HC of New Orleans

Sean Payton to remain head coach of Saints
3:08 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

Sean Payton will remain head coach of the New Orleans Saints.

At a news conference on Wednesday, Payton said of the Saints, "This is where I plan on coaching. I don't envision ever coaching for another club."

ONLY because Jerry rebuffed him for Jason.

Top Bottom