Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You're setting yourself up for disappointment dbair.
Yep there's NO chance Jerral fires Garrett this year. And it ain't about the money, it's about Jerral's ego - firing the clown now right after you gave him a huge contract means you have to admit that was wrong, a bad decision.

No. Heads will roll in Dallas for sure, there will be multiple scapegoats - but none of then named Jason Garrett.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Me too. Hope springs eternal though. We hope, every year, something truly good might happen and it hasn't since SB 30. Of course, we hope.

We've all been hoping Garrett would be a good coach.

Hope aint a strategy though, and Garrett aint a good HC.

This is the worst coached team in football, hands down.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Fucking Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ thread

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Fucking Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ thread

:lol Did you just come across this:

Jerry Jones: Cowboys closer than 4-11 record indicates

Jones still expects offseason adjustments via the draft and free agency and possible tweaks to the coaching staff -- but nothing different from the norm.

"We're in relatively good shape under the salary cap, and we ought to look at that and change things," Jones said. "Now don't say that that's the highlight of the day -- 'Things are changing' -- because they were going to change anyway. There's at least 20 percent of this roster that changes every year and maybe higher, and so there were going to be those kinds of changes. There's changes on coaching staffs that happen."

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep there's NO chance Jerral fires Garrett this year. And it ain't about the money, it's about Jerral's ego - firing the clown now right after you gave him a huge contract means you have to admit that was wrong, a bad decision.

No. Heads will roll in Dallas for sure, there will be multiple scapegoats - but none of then named Jason Garrett.

Agreed, I also think not getting rid of Garrett is more than ego/money

Jerri doesn't have a clue what he's looking at when it comes to evaluating quality coaches, he's not much better than us fans who see a team doing well for one season and then start clamoring to hire him as head coach. Like fans, he's a sucker for shiny new things.

Also, he believes in being optimistic/positive about everything in life, which is a good quality in so many ways but when it comes to evaluating a coach, staff and players, rose colored glasses make you ill-equipped to see the negative until its smashed those rose colored glasses all over your face. Just look back at how he has fired coaches, in almost every case its been reactionary or when the shit has hit the fan.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Not about the money? The money has some to do with it, but Mr. Ego doesn't like to admit he's wrong. Still won't admit it was a mistake to get rid of Jimmy either

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Chip Kelly. not guessing. maybe earlier than Monday, too.

Reaction score
Sources: Colts plan on firing Pagano after season

Dec 31

Short of an unexpected playoff berth, the Indianapolis Colts do not plan to retain coach Chuck Pagano at the end of the season, while general manager Ryan Grigson will at least help in the coaching search, league sources told Mike Wells of ESPN.com.

The consensus has been that Pagano would not be return next season after he turned down a contract extension, the Colts' struggles this season and his "toxic" relationship with Grigson.

Grigson helping to find Pagano's replacement does not guarantee that he'll be the Colts' general manager next season, according to sources. Grigson will not return if the new coach has his own general manager preference, according to sources. Owner Jim Irsay will also be heavily involved in the coaching search.

The Colts entered the season with Super Bowl aspirations after reaching the AFC Championship game last season, but they have their worst record (7-8) since 2011 and they're on the brink of missing the playoffs for the first time since Grigson and Pagano were hired in 2012.

The Pagano and Grigson relationship has been described as being "100 times worse" than the team's poor play on the field. The two barely communicate with each other, multiple sources said.

Reaction score
Sense in Browns that Pettine's last game is Sunday
Time appears ready to run out on Mike Pettine's time with the Cleveland Browns.

NFL Media's Rand Getlin reported Friday, via multiple sources, that there's a sense within the Browns' organization that Sunday's game against the Steelers will mark the last time Pettine will coach the Browns.

While nothing definitive has been communicated to Pettine, according to Getlin, team owner Jimmy Haslam declined to give Pettine any assurances regarding his future with the team during discussions last week.

Pettine told reporters on Thursday that he hadn't heard from Haslam about his future beyond Sunday.

"I didn't ask, and my focus each week, just like the players' should be, is my job, which is getting the team prepared."

Pettine enters Week 17 with a 10-21 record since taking over as Cleveland's head coach prior to the 2014 season. Prior to joining the Browns, Pettine had served as the defensive coordinator with the Buffalo Bills (2013) and New York Jets (2009-2012).

In 2014, Pettine signed a four-year deal with a club option for a fifth year. Browns owner Haslam said last summer he didn't plan to "blow it up" after the season, but opinions obviously changed after the Browns lost 12 of their first 15 games in 2015.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I could be totally wrong -- not like I follow the Browns in the slightest -- but from what I've seen, I really like Pettine. I suspect he's mostly a victim of a wheels-off owner and front office, and not having a QB.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I could be totally wrong -- not like I follow the Browns in the slightest -- but from what I've seen, I really like Pettine. I suspect he's mostly a victim of a wheels-off owner and front office, and not having a QB.
He's a proven good DC and a good position coach as well, who just happened to wind up in the worst possible place. If they fire him he will get a DC job somewhere, then later a HC spot, and do well.

Shit, even the Edmund Fitzgerald sank rather than have to go to Cleveland.

Reaction score
:lol Did you just come across this:

Jerry Jones: Cowboys closer than 4-11 record indicates

Sounds exactly like he did when Campo was coach. Always "close" despite 20 years of utter failure. Sometimes I wish I never took an interest in the NFL, and Jerry Jones is 99% of the reason why. Tony Banks might as well still be the shiznit.

Top Bottom