Chargers 2-8 over Jaguars - very possible

Titans 2-8 over Raiders - possible

Ravens
3-7 over Browns - hopefully they don't tie

49ers 3-7 over Cardinals - doubtful

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
we had a good chance to win every game started by Cassel. we'll fuck up and win with him eventually.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
we had a good chance to win every game started by Cassel. we'll fuck up and win with him eventually.

Yep, I bet we win a few. The pressure is totally off and, most of all, teams will take us lightly now. Same thing that happened in 2010, which is another reason I think we had some success that stretch -- if you can call 4-3 plus a win over Philly's 3rd team a success.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I really think Garrett's "style" doesn't have any actual impact on the players. They all were waiting around for Romo to save them and now that's not happening. I don't think they'll put up much of a fight these next 5 games. Plus, Garrett will get out-coached each week.

The good thing is that 3 of the teams we are "competing" with for a top draft pick already have a quarterback.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I really think Garrett's "style" doesn't have any actual impact on the players. They all were waiting around for Romo to save them and now that's not happening. I don't think they'll put up much of a fight these next 5 games. Plus, Garrett will get out-coached each week.

The good thing is that 3 of the teams we are "competing" with for a top draft pick already have a quarterback.
I know we're all doom and gloom and I am too regarding Garrett, obviously.

But what about not taking a QB? I'm not sold on any of them anyway. Wouldn't you like to see Leonard Fournette on this team? With him we really could duplicate 2014 as far as running the ball and not depending on Tony to carry everything on his shoulders.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know we're all doom and gloom and I am too regarding Garrett, obviously.

But what about not taking a QB? I'm not sold on any of them anyway. Wouldn't you like to see Leonard Fournette on this team? With him we really could duplicate 2014 as far as running the ball and not depending on Tony to carry everything on his shoulders.

Fournette isn't draft eligible until 2017.

I wouldn't trade up for them but if Goff or Lynch are there at our pick, you take them. No matter what, Romo isn't playing another 5 years here. You can't pass up a gift QB-of-the-future.

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
As I asserted in another thread, I don't think Jerry will spend a first round pick on a QB who might not see the field for three years. Then again, if Romo is healthy next year, the Cowboys won’t be picking in the top 10 in 2017, so now might be the time to buy.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Fournette isn't draft eligible until 2017.

I wouldn't trade up for them but if Goff or Lynch are there at our pick, you take them. No matter what, Romo isn't playing another 5 years here. You can't pass up a gift QB-of-the-future.
Ugh, I totally forgot about that. And there really aren't any sure-fire backs are there?

Still, if you take a QB high and he's another bust like so many of those are, you really haven't helped anything. And I still don't trust Garrett and Wilson to develop anyone.

Reaction score
Sadly, were gonna keep Garrett and Jerry will think a top flight RB gets us back to 2014 form so we'll go Ezekial Elliott round one.

Jerry doesn't now, nor has he ever, been smart enough to draft for the future.

Reaction score
Browns 2-8 vs over Ravens - hopefully they don't tie

Chargers 2-8 over Jaguars - very possible

Titans 2-8 over Raiders - possible

Ravens
3-7 over Browns - hopefully they don't tie

49ers 3-7 over Cardinals - doubtful

I have no clue if I'm supposed to root for the browns or ravens.

:(

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
As I asserted in another thread, I don't think Jerry will spend a first round pick on a QB who might not see the field for three years. Then again, if Romo is healthy next year, the Cowboys won’t be picking in the top 10 in 2017, so now might be the time to buy.

Plus I think Jerry is sold on Romo helping him find his successor and Romo is too competitive to see the writing on the wall.

So yeah, 2-3 years before we start looking to draft a QB high.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
cmd, any QBs with pro potential who could be available mid-day and just need a few years of development?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It really doesnt matter what others do, we're probably going to lose out...at best we win 2 of the 5 I think

I think we're a lock for a top 5 or 6 pick, most likely top 3

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I want a mean nasty SOB d-line guy or a bigger, stronger, healthier version of Lee. Any ideas? Don't watch much college ball.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I want a mean nasty SOB d-line guy or a bigger, stronger, healthier version of Lee. Any ideas? Don't watch much college ball.

We really need a QB of the not so distant future

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Been thinking about this quite a bit lately

Although I think a QB makes sense early in the draft, I think the team continues this approach of trying to surround Romo with as much talent as possible until he completely breaks down. They'll suck then and get a QB high then

So I'm kind of expecting a mid round QB and/or a reclamation project. Cassell is back up, based on Jerry's recent comments

The question then becomes "Where do you look if you're drafting high and not taking a QB"?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We are currently drafting 3rd behind Tennessee and Cleveland.

We're taking a damn QB, make peace with it fuckers.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Been thinking about this quite a bit lately

Although I think a QB makes sense early in the draft, I think the team continues this approach of trying to surround Romo with as much talent as possible until he completely breaks down. They'll suck then and get a QB high then
I still do, too. Jerry apparently said on his radio show this morning that he thought Romo had 4-5 years left, and he got all huffy when the hosts questioned him on that. If anything Jerry probably doubles down on trying to get Romo as much help as possible before he is done.

Besides, I still think this roster is talented enough that it wins a couple more games and we might not be high enough to get one of the top-top QBs anyway.

Edit to add -- the Musers apparently asked Peter King on his weekly appearance if Jerry will think this year was just a fluke ruined by injuries or if it will open his eyes to deeper problems with the team, and he said the former. And King is pretty close with Jerry, I think.

Last edited:

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm not arguing against it. Just saying - do you really think Jerry and Co. are going to think that way? Or will they go get some complementary piece for Romo

Top Bottom