ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
On another note, have any of the Bob McGinn articles been posted yet? Love those because he has quotes from actual scouts, and they're brutally honest. The draft is getting so hyped, more and more every year, that it's refreshing to hear some negatives on these guys. If it hasn't been posted I'll put something up.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Anyone care to explain why we would be interested in Buckner...at all?

He's a more athletic version of Jason Hatcher and a bigger version of David Irving. Marinelli, like Seattle, seems to like those rare 6'6" 3Techs versus the 6'0" Aaron Donald version of 3Techs that many teams prefer.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd say because he's a heck of a talent, and you should be able to use a big talented defensive lineman somehow.

Besides, not every 43 coach insists on undersized speed guys like Marinelli does. There's a good chance Buckner would be here longer than Marinelli anyway.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
On another note, have any of the Bob McGinn articles been posted yet? Love those because he has quotes from actual scouts, and they're brutally honest. The draft is getting so hyped, more and more every year, that it's refreshing to hear some negatives on these guys. If it hasn't been posted I'll put something up.

Greg Cosell says Carson Wentz is the man.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone care to explain why we would be interested in Buckner...at all?

The one I don't get is Noah Spence. Some of those idiots at CZ are foaming at the mouth over him, and that bonehead Broaddus apparently said he "is in play for Dallas at #4"

Spence might end up being a good player. But when we just invested a 2nd rd pick last yr on a guy with a drug past and already got burned, WHY THE FUCKING HELL would a fan of this team or even more important, anyone within the Cowboys organization be thinking seriously about this guy with a pick anywhere on the first two days??????????? (let alone 4th overall)

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
CMD must be pining for a gig as a CZ Mod. I got infracted
d7b3dcd94e0934713a3c3772b842962d93298fb97d125522e023ee62f12c0d33_large

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So we've had private workouts with basically every top QB, except Wentz I believe. Obviously they worked him out for a week in Mobile.

I saw the latest to the list was Hackenberg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys seem to be looking at a lot of early round (1st/2nd) WR's.

Saw today they sent Dooley and 3 scouts down to TCU, and put their WR's through workouts (Doctson has been mentioned several times this offseason as someone our scouts really like, Listenbee is a 3rd/4th rd guy I've seen). I read where Baylor WR Corey Coleman is now scheduled for a private workout and visit. Laquan Treadwell is on the official visit list. Pitt WR Tyler Boyd had a private workout with us and I believe a visit scheduled as well. Then of course the Cowboys sent a whole slew of coaches to Ohio State to see a bunch of guys, including Michael Thomas and Braxton Miller (who they also coached in Senior Bowl)

Seems apparent that either 1) They arnt satisfied with Williams or fully expect to make no effort to sign him to a 2nd contract) or 2) The Dez injury is a little concerning for them. Also could be be an indicator that they weren't happy with Cole Beasley's season last yr either.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Doctson and Coleman I can't believe we'd get unless maybe Doctson fell to our second, which he may not do. I love Doctson though.

Listenbee would be very interesting though. Probably the fastest guy and first true burner we've had since Galloway. I don't know why this offense has seemed allergic to speed for long now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I love Doctson too, I doubt he makes it out of the 20's though.

Like Boyd as well, unlike the Pitt WR we currently have, this kid can play.

Coleman I don't know much about.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Coleman I really think might be overrated. I don't buy into "system players" too much, but I think Coleman might be one. He got a ton of one on ones in wide open field in Briles' system, and yes, he usually won. But while he's athletic, he's not in the freaky category, and he's not big at all.

I think Doctson is the real deal, though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pairing Doctson with Dez could be a matchup nightmare for defenses for quite some time.

I also wonder if they spend a really early pick on a WR if they might look at potentially trading Williams. I think 2016 is the last yr of his contract.

Top Bottom