Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
chances of boys taking a chance on Prescot after his DUI are pretty slim

It's more like it pretty much assures him a spot on the team

We all know Jerry loves him his troubled players and drug addicts going all the way back to Leon Lett and Michael Irvin

We've always take chances on players with problems. Sometimes it's worked out, sometimes it doesn't.

Just like Gregory, we knew his history and took him anyway

Now we are paying for it with a 4 game suspension

It seems like every year we have to wait four games for one player or another's drug suspension to be able to play him

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Calm down, it's just a DUI. One drink puts you over the limit.

I feel the same way.. He made one mistake. Just so happens it came at the worst time.

As far as I know his past isn't riddled with this kind of shit right? Then I don't think he should be judged on it too much.

Does it affect his draft stock? Yea it will. I think if he wasn't before then he's a definite day 3 pick now. And at that point I'd take a crack at him.

I've said this earlier in this offseason but I think Prescott could turn into a pretty good pro given the right amount of time and mentor like he would get here in Dallas. At the very least I think we get a guy that will help bridge the gap to the next franchise QB.

Reaction score
At this point, I'm not convinced that the DUI will hurt Prescott's draft stock much. The thing in Prescott's favor is that interested teams have sufficient time to investigate and evaluate the DUI and do additional research on Prescott before the draft. Had the DUI happened just a few days before the draft, the DUI would have hurt Prescott a good bit more. Day 2, mid to late 3rd round seems entirely possible.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He already sucked before. The DUI should have shut the door.

We're just a dumb team.

He sucks. Stay away.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Clemson WR Charone Peake was just mocked to us in the 3rd round by some NFL.com writer. Somebody to keep an eye on just in general. 2 knee injuries derailed his career at Clemson; but he was very highly regarded and rebounded with a solid Senior year. Is big and one of the fastest WRs in this notoriously slow class of WRs. Ran a 4.45 at 6'2" 209 lbs.

Hands aren't great though.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What about Paul Perkins from UCLA? He's a smaller guy but if he's still there in the 6th I'd like to see the Cowboys get him to challenge Dunbar. Any chance he's there in the 6th?

He could also return kicks/punts.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Good. Hopefully one of them outdumbs us.

He's basically right-handed Tim Tebow. Huge pass.

His delivery is different than Tebow. He doesn't have that huge windup before he throws like Tebow does.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Good. Hopefully one of them outdumbs us.

He's basically right-handed Tim Tebow. Huge pass.

I disagree. IMO Prescott is a much better passer than Tebow was coming out.

Prescott was doomed as soon as prospect profile websites started adding Tebow as the pro comparison. Prescott runs physical and plays for the same coach as Tebow did so the comparison was easy and lazy.

Prescott isn't the best pure passer in this draft, he's not even close, but when I watch him play I see a much better overall QB than Tebow was.

I like Prescott as a project QB to sit behind Romo and develop. I'd take him in the 4th round.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Prescott might be okay with a staff you knew could develop him properly. But Garrett and Wade W?

I have absolutely zero faith in Wade Wilson. If he wasn't friends with Garrett this guy wouldn't have a job in the NFL. He fucking sucks as a QB coach.

Top Bottom