dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Seems like a great idea to bring people who want nothing but death and mayhem for Americans here. What could possibly go wrong right?

Obuma is a jeanyus!

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Not s single Syrian should be allowed to come into this country, imo.

This shouldn't be a political football either. It's too risky. Big terrorists were little terrorists at one point in their life. I think of that movie about the blood diamonds, with the army of ruthless brainwashed children.

There is no rational reason for allowing potential terrorists into the country. Even if 10 slip in within the 10,000, that's all it takes to cause trouble.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
If ever there was a time for a moratorium on immigration, now is the time.

Get America's house in order. Wipe out ISIS with the help of other allies. Then see what we can do to help some refugees.

Reaction score
Basically I agree with Sheik 100%. I don't see why this is even something our country is considering.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
How many refugees is Japan accepting? Russia? China? Because that's how many I'll take.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Let's give a bowl of M&Ms to these hand wringers like Hillary and Barack and their ilk, inform them that one percent of the M&Ms in the bowl are laced with cyanide, and tell 'em to grab a handful and eat them.

Like I thought, no thanks.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't follow all enough to know what the fuck is going on over there, but the whole situation is just fucking weird.

All the countries on Earth are basically unified in their willingness to accept people who are running from crimes against humanity, but nobody wants to just nut up and put and end to the problem that's causing these people to flee? I mean, eliminate whatever group is running people out of the country and you no longer have refugees. People don't have to leave their homes, other counties don't have to try to figure out what to do with them. Seems like a win-win if you ask me.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't follow all enough to know what the fuck is going on over there, but the whole situation is just fucking weird.

All the countries on Earth are basically unified in their willingness to accept people who are running from crimes against humanity, but nobody wants to just nut up and put and end to the problem that's causing these people to flee? I mean, eliminate whatever group is running people out of the country and you no longer have refugees. People don't have to leave their homes, other counties don't have to try to figure out what to do with them. Seems like a win-win if you ask me.
Cliff Notes version:

As part of the "Arab Spring" some Sunni-backed residents of Syria decided to overthrow the country's Shia dictator - who had been gassing the Sunnis and trying to kill them all - and a civil war erupted. The feckless Obama menstruation, instead of helping the rebels, sat on its hands and gave them platitudes. When ISIS moved in to help the dictator, indiscriminately slaughtering 1000s, Obama still does nothing, just token air strikes here and there. The ensuing civil war is causing non participant Sunnis to flee the country.

Meanwhile because of Obama's inaction, Russia has now become active, also propping up the dictator, while saying they are "bombing ISIS." They're actually, bombing the rebels.

The rebels were very near to toppling the government, all they needed was just a tiny bit of help, and they would have succeeded. Now it's basically, Vietnam. Us against the Russians, both of us so far just doing air strikes. Meanwhile, the non combatant population flees.

Problem is, some ISIS terrorists go with the fleeing hordes, pretending to be refugees also, and this is exactly how you got the Paris attacks. Those attackers came into France through Belgium, after originally being given refugee status in Greece.

Now, the question here has become, "Mr. President, why do you want to bring 80,000 of these Syrian refugees here this year, suddenly?" And, "How will they be vetted?" And Governors of over 35 states have said they won't take any of them.This of course gave Obama what he really wanted, a chance to chide and deride them, and make up straw accusations against the governors, the republicans in general, and most especially the GOP candidates.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a catch 22. The argument against going to all out war against ISIS is that they are so embedded into the rest of the civilians, you're going to have high numbers of civilian casualties. The people don't want to stand up against ISIS, and they don't want other countries coming in there, so they leave. Would be nice if ISIS were the only ones that stayed behind, then they could be wiped out easier, but they're embedding themselves into the refugee population.

I just haven't seen an easy solution...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a catch 22. The argument against going to all out war against ISIS is that they are so embedded into the rest of the civilians, you're going to have high numbers of civilian casualties. The people don't want to stand up against ISIS, and they don't want other countries coming in there, so they leave. Would be nice if ISIS were the only ones that stayed behind, then they could be wiped out easier, but they're embedding themselves into the refugee population.

I just haven't seen an easy solution...
There's not one. But the new law just passed in Congress by a veto-proof majority is a good start to at least make better our safety as we allow these refugees into the country.

Problem started when Obama drew his "red line" in Syria, publicly telling the Assad regime they better not use chemical weapons against the rebels. Then Assad promptly DID use chemical weapons against the rebels, and Obama did nothing. Assad still does use the chemical weapons against the rebels, and still we have done nothing about it to this day.

ISIS was born out of Obama's cut and run mentality when it comes to the ME, his idea that we're to blame for terrorism because we won't weeb dem awone has only given rise to more radical factions of IslamoNazis.

It must be incredibly frustrating as an Islamic terrorist not to have your views and motives taken seriously by the societies you terrorize, even after you have explicitly and repeatedly stated them. Even worse, those on the regressive left in their endless capacity for masochism and self-loathing have attempted to shift blame inwardly on themselves, denying the terrorists even the satisfaction of claiming responsibility.

It's like a bad Monty Python sketch:

Terrorists: "We did this because our holy texts exhort us to to do it."

Obama: "No you didn't."

T: "Wait, what? Yes we did..."

O: "No, this has nothing to do with religion. You guys are just using religion as a front for social and geopolitical reasons."

T: "WHAT!? Did you even read our official statement? We give explicit Quranic justification. This is jihad, a holy crusade against Jews, pagans, blasphemers, and disbelievers."

O: "No, this is definitely not a Muslim thing. You guys are not true Muslims, and you defame a great religion by saying so."

T: "Huh!? Who are you to tell us we're not true Muslims!? Islam is literally at the core of everything we do, and we have implemented the truest most literal and honest interpretation of its founding texts. It is our very reason for being."

O: "Nope. We created you. We installed a social and economic system that alienates and disenfranchises you, and that's why you did this. We're sorry."

T: "What? Why are you apologizing? We just slaughtered you mercilessly in the streets. We targeted unwitting civilians - disenfranchisement doesn't even enter into it!"

O: "Listen, it's our fault. We don't blame you for feeling unwelcome and lashing out. You're just neighbors with a beef."

T: "Seriously, stop taking credit for this! We worked really hard to pull this off, and we're not going to let you take it away from us."

O: "No, we nourished your extremism. We accept full blame."

T: "OMG, how many people do we have to kill around here to finally get our message across?"

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So back to the fucking question at hand. Why is the entire world seems to be willing to take refugees because of the shit going on there but nobody will just nut up and take action that would eliminate the need to house refugees?

Reaction score
I guess the fear is that you can never get rid of these guys... You go blow them to smithereens, then the civilians who are left see us blowing the shit out of them and then they shake their fists at us for meddling. Then they create the new terrorist organization and demonize us. Then you open yourself up to more attacks.

My opinion is that these countries in the ME really don't want them gone. If they did, they'd stand up for themselves and do it. Until they do that, the culture over there is going to create these terrorist organizations.

So maybe drawing back all of our assistance is the answer? We won't deal with anyone over there until you fix these problems yourself? Do you punish the innocent civilians in that manner?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We don't want to blow up Isis because Isis wants to overthrow Assad, and we don't like Assad because he's backed by Putin.

But that doesn't mean we have to take refugees. That's a separate issue. I think PC and "privilege" has overtaken the West and we basically have the attitude that what makes us better than these people who are suffering? So we should be obligated to help them.

Sounds noble and all, but of course this ignores the fact that a government's first obligation is to protect its own citizens. It's too bad we live in a very imperfect world, but the fact is that we do, and we can't help everyone.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So back to the fucking question at hand. Why is the entire world seems to be willing to take refugees because of the shit going on there but nobody will just nut up and take action that would eliminate the need to house refugees?
That's the 1000s of years old question right? The Shia and Sunnis have been at each others throats for 1000s of years, even before there was Islam.

People in general don't understand, your Shiites, Kurds, Sunnis and the other Islamic tribes and sects aren't unlike the different denominations of the Christian faith - except those denominations don't kill each other as part of their interpretation of the "holy" texts. You don't have Baptists killing Lutherans, for example. The Shia are the more radical faction, they interpret the texts quite literally, the Sunnis and Kurds, much less so.

However they ALL have in common the complete subjugation of females, death to Homosexuals, and many other of the practices and principles which are diametrically opposed to those of the West.

It wasn't a really big problem, and wasn't really even a problem at all, until after WW2 the UN said, "Okay you fucking Arabs, you backed the wrong horse, helped Hitler, now you're gonna pay - we are creating the state of Israel, and giving the Jews their claimed ancestral lands which you also claimed. Wars have consequences and you were on the losing side."

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We don't want to blow up Isis because Isis wants to overthrow Assad, and we don't like Assad because he's backed by Putin.
Right now, with Assad being a Shiite, and by all reports thus far - ISIS is killing the rebels mostly, because they're mostly Sunnis. Assad is part and parcel of ISIS, not a enemy of ISIS.

Top Bottom