Reaction score
I mean, I think I know in my heart of hearts the team won't fire him. He's in the family portrait basically.

But how do you sell it to the fans that he's the coach in 2016? Who becomes the fall guy? Someone has to be the fall guy, right? You can't just go into 2016 with the staff intact.

Is it Marinelli? Do you fire him and give Garrett his FOURTH defensive coordinator?

Romo injury isn't an excuse. As bad as the division is, had we won one or two games, we're still in the division race if not leading it.

Teams win games with backup QB's.

If you want to argue that Weeden is so bad you simply can't win with him, then why did the coaching staff keep him two years in a row?

And don't tell me you can't win games with Cassell. He's won games in this league. Had two 10+ win seasons as a starter. Been to a Pro Bowl.

There's no excuse for this. While we've played some good teams (New England and I guess Atlanta), we've also lost to some very bad teams during this stretch.

Someone has to get fired. Right?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think most well run franchises would make the decision to fire Garrett tonight or tomorrow, on the other hand most well run franchises wouldn't have went 0-7 with this roster either.

I think the alarming thing about today is for the first time, I think you could genuinely say there was a lack of effort. The Bucs defense is epic bad vs the pass and just decent against the run, yet they stoned our OL all day (5 runs of zero or negative yards, 3 sacks allowed) and our DL did basically nothing with a hodge podge OL the Bucs put out there. The tackling has been atrocious all year and was horrible again today.

The bottom line is football itself doesn't seem to be the most important thing there now, its about other stuff.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
the only thing that might nail Garrett is if we lose a majority of the games started by Romo. that would tell Jerry "aha, so it wasn't Romo after all, but rather the coaching."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
the only thing that might nail Garrett is if we lose a majority of the games started by Romo. that would tell Jerry "aha, so it wasn't Romo after all, but rather the coaching."

Yeah I agree. 4-12 or 5-11 might be enough, but who knows.

The problem is I can see him thinking the same thing I posted earlier "well we'd be 7-2 or 8-1 if Romo hadn't gotten hurt" but the problem is Cassel and even Weeden weren't the causes of every one of these losses. They invented awful ways to lose in almost everyone of them and fundamentally its just a pathetic football team.

From the top down they just need new leadership. Its starts with moron Jerry divorcing himself from the football operations and hiring a truly non nonsense, fundamentally sound coach and staff.

If they were smart they'd call Jimmy and find out if he has a price to come in and run the football organization. Let him pick the coaches and help evaluate the talent. Jimmy might say no but maybe he would make recommendations or something.

Reaction score
Jerry recently saying he thinks Romo can play 5 or 6 more years is a bad thing.

He needs a reality check. He needs to recognize Romo is a rare talent that he'll (Jerry) never get to see again. Romo is the last true franchise QB Jerry will likely see guiding him team during his lifetime. And then recognize that Tony maybe has 1-3 years left. He needs to decide if he really wants to witness another Super Bowl, that he can no longer fuck around with this amateurish coaching staff. Realize that coachspeak, positive reinforcement, and "BAM" signs is a far cry from championship coaching.

Then make the change.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
i'm just glad we didn't fork over our #1 for AP. could be a top 8 pick.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

This team has just about mailed it in. That much is obvious. And I don;t expect Romo to be super sharp coming off an injury and a 7 game layoff. I hate to say it, but these loses are necessary for the future of the franchise.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's not fair to put this on Romo to bring this team back.

There culture of the Cowboys is now that of losing. Losing to the Bucs is as bad as it gets, but unable to score a TD IN 4 QUARTERS?

What is needed is for Stephen to push Jerry into firing Garrett, because I cannot see Jerry doing it otherwise.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

nah, he'd just give that "man in the mirror" a stern talking to

you know he's not happy with that guy, right?

that should make us all feel better

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
ts starts with moron Jerry divorcing himself from the football operations and hiring a truly non nonsense, fundamentally sound coach and staff.

If they were smart they'd call Jimmy and find out if he has a price to come in and run the football organization. Let him pick the coaches and help evaluate the talent. Jimmy might say no but maybe he would make recommendations or something.

:deadhorse

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

:farley

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
At least the media is finally calling for him to get fired

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447639828.388288.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Garret doesn't get fired yet than I hope we lose next week to the shitty Dolphins when Romo comes back so they have no choice but to blame it on the coaching and can't use the excuse of Romo being gone for our 7 straight losses. Even tho the rest of the league seem to find a way to win at least one game with a back up QB, we simply were not able to

Top Bottom