Reaction score
This team won't win a game without Romo unfortunately.

Too many coaching deficiencies that can't be hidden now. The Dallas media will ignore that this team has quit on Garrett. This type of play is exactly what got Wade Philips canned.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah it isn't looking good.

The truly sad thing is they should have beaten Atlanta, New Orleans and NYG today. Instead they found ways to lose all of them.

Reaction score
NFC East winner could be 8-8. Wouldn't surprise me to see Philly lose tonight.

Not saying its over... yet. But we're definitely handicapped with this coaching staff.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's something more important in my world right now than the season gentlemen. So I get up this morning and figure I have my day planned out with my son....you know, like father and son bonding time over football. As I'm just chilling before the 1 o'clock game, I see he's dressed and ready to leave the house. So I ask him where he's going and aren't we going to watch the game? And my kid tells me, "what for, they're going to lose anyway...."

Now maybe I'm off my rocker but I was a rabid fan at his age. I'd be pissed all week after a loss and the thought of not watching the game if it was on TV was just not an option. But this poor kid has not bonded with this abortion of a team and how could he? He's known nothing but Jones/Garrett and stupid loss after stupid loss. I mean, the kid went to his room after the start of the 2nd half when Cassel threw the pick 6.

I'm not even bothered. I'm well over this team until Garret gets fired and Jones dies (preferably both Jones'). I'm on my computer typing away as if the game never happened. But to be this disconnected as a fan at the age of 16? It's not normal and I'm responsible for making my son a Cowboys fan. The guilt is overwhelming.

Reaction score
Yeah I went from buying my kids nothing but Cowboys swag when they were babies to telling them they can be fans of whatever team they wanted. Last "gear" I bought my oldest was when he was 3. He's 8 now.

I'm not going to curse my kids with being a fan of this team.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
and the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon ...

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This team won't win a game without Romo unfortunately.

Too many coaching deficiencies that can't be hidden now. The Dallas media will ignore that this team has quit on Garrett. This type of play is exactly what got Wade Philips canned.

Yep. With the exception, Garrett doesn't have anyone sandbagging him, the way he sandbagged Wade. Romo also got injured during Wade's last seasn. That didn't spare Wade, and it shouldn't spare Garrett. But unfortunately... it will. And I really wish the media would call Jones out for it.

Last season was the worst thing to have happened. I would have rather went 8-8 or sub .500, and certain that Garrett would have been canned.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nothing worse going into work with this sort of a loss. Makes for a long night. And here in Minnesota, the liquor stores are not open on Sundays. ASSHOLES.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
yep, thats a wrap

but take heart, after starting 2-7, I'm sure Romo will come in and help the team win enough games to fuck up their draft pick but not enough to make the playoffs.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
worst scenario: they fall out of contention due to the injuries and then win some meaningless games (and hurt their draft position) when Romo returns

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
yep, thats a wrap

but take heart, after starting 2-7, I'm sure Romo will come in and help the team win enough games to fuck up their draft pick but not enough to make the playoffs.

He'll save The Clapper

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hardy went off on Street. Media trying to make it look as if it was Hardy and Bryant. Bryant was just trying to calm Hardy down --- wow, Bryant trying to calm someone down...?

Hardy should have went after th3e ST coach. Beat him like he was his girlfriend!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He'll save The Clapper

If "the clapper" were to drop dead, quit or get fired asap, what on earth gives anyone any confidence that jerri could identify a talented coach, be willing to hire him and then give him the power and authority necessary to be succeed?

I have no faith in that happening, jerri will always be the black cloud lingering over this organization and as a result the Cowboys will never get the best coaching available, he doesn't believe in it.

PERHAPS when he kicks the bucket but like all shitty dictators, they somehow manage to live to a rip old age, so don't expect anything happening soon

Reaction score
Yeah it isn't looking good.

The truly sad thing is they should have beaten Atlanta, New Orleans and NYG today. Instead they found ways to lose all of them.

Losing winnable games is all on the coaching. Andy Reid did it for years in Philly and they don't have a damn thing to show for it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Fear of the unknown is no reason to stick with pure shit.

its not fear of the unknown, its actually knowing its just going to be more of the same and that it won't make a damn bit of difference. Its simply moving deck chairs around on the titanic and everyone will hate the new guy in no time at all. The last coach with a set of balls jerri will ever hire was Parcels and now its back to those he feels comfortable with until the day he croaks.

And Im not saying this to defend Garrett, it simply doesn't matter. Coaching the Cowboys will always be a convoluted mess while jerri is alive, surely you must realize this after watching jerri for the last 20 years.

Coaches jerry has been comfortable with: Campo, Switzer, Gailey, Phillips & Garrett

Coaches jerry hasn't been comfortable with (but built winning teams) and had to GTFO: Johnson and Parcels

Top Bottom