Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Do you remember how Emmitt Smith would keep every single football when he scored a TD near the end of his career? I can't remember if it's something he always did. I would not be surprised if he has every single TD Ball of his career.

But I started thinking about it today, what the hell did he do with all of them? I would guess he has them proudly displayed in some shrine to himself somewhere. Either that or he's saving them to hock when money gets tight. Or he sells them for charity. Who knows

Does anyone actually know what he did with all those TD balls?

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You are correct

I edited the thread but can't correct the title of the thread

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I finally found an answer in an interview

He apparently kept every single one from his very first game as a rookie to the last game he played. He said it was his dad's idea. He said he has donated a couple to charity and given a few away. But still has the majority of them tucked away in boxes. Nothing special.

It doesn't surprise me that he still has them. But I always figured he kept them to do something with one day.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I believe his parents do
He said some were displayed there as well

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I read somewhere about him auctioning off a lot of those footballs.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Could be

I didn't look at the date on the interview I found where he talked about it

lawnmowerman

Spectator
Reaction score
Enmut probably sold a bunch. He owns a sports card shop, right?

The store closed some years ago. Pretty much online stores and ebay made it not a worth while venture any longer. In fact, I bought a card from Emmitt Smith on ebay about 5 years ago. I'm a huge Emmitt fan so that was a cool experience.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I used to be a huge Emmitt fan, collected nothing but Emmitt Smith foot all cards. Have something like 200 or 300 up in a closet somewhere.

lawnmowerman

Spectator
Reaction score
I used to be a huge Emmitt fan, collected nothing but Emmitt Smith foot all cards. Have something like 200 or 300 up in a closet somewhere.

Very cool! I literally have thousands. I have no idea what the actual number is but I do know it makes my wife upset. The cards are in every closet, of every room in the house. The only closet spared from the Emmitt invasion is the pantry only because I don't want any food or drinks spilled on them haha!

Top Bottom