Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We don't know that Whisperin Bill would have built the entire offense around Tony like we did. He hasn't done that in NE, did you notice? They still get along just fine without Tom.

BUT - Belecheck is a defensive minded coach like Jimmy was, so there's no doubt at all Tony would have enjoyed much better defenses in Dallas.

Reaction score
Lilly, Staubach and E. Smith - I can't decide between them for top honors. I was a big fan of The Manster too and would put him in there as well for consideration.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The three most responsible for the immense wealth of Jethro Jones are: 1) Roger Staubach 2) Tom Landry 3) Bob Lilly. These guys raised the profile of this franchise when it really counted from the late 60's to the late 70's, and yes I know Lilly retired midway in that period.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Bob Lilly or Randy White. Emmitt Smith is an all time great for anyone but I just can't give him the nod.

I still say defense wins you games so Lilly and White are the best Cowboys in my book.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
749c1d0713fe2ba607f57926a45e3cd7.jpg

One of the Cowboy greats!

The NFL Network is currently showing SB XIII. It is almost sad to watch a real football game like that one when you think of the watered down female version that we are being subject to nowadays!

Last edited:
Top Bottom