Reaction score
Yea i know, any optimism is ridiculed and mocked here. I think this place is where Cowboy fans go to die.

This is the place where jaded, frustrated fans come to post.

We're all fans, believe it or not. We all want the Cowboys to win, and win a lot.

But we're like little kids who's dad tells us he's gonna pick us up on the weekend and take us to play catch, so we spent countless weekends waiting on the front steps, glove in hand. Only dad never showed up. So now when mom tells us dad is gonna pick us up this weekend, we're all just kind of like 'yeah whatever.'

Our fandom has been burned by years of continuous false hope and promises.

Reaction score
I mean, shit... you're talking to a guy who bought into guys like Chris Brazzell and Ken Yon Rambo at receiver. Who argued that Quincy would be better than McNabb and used rookie season stat comparisons to make my argument. Who said John Nix was gonna be another Sam Adams. I'm a guy who swore we were Super Bowl bound almost every year, even 2002 when we signed Hardy, Westbrook & Glover in the offseason.

I used to be the biggest idiot homer fan out there. A crown now proudly worn by that fucking waterhead dbair.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I mean, shit... you're talking to a guy who bought into guys like Chris Brazzell and Ken Yon Rambo at receiver. Who argued that Quincy would be better than McNabb and used rookie season stat comparisons to make my argument. Who said John Nix was gonna be another Sam Adams. I'm a guy who swore we were Super Bowl bound almost every year, even 2002 when we signed Hardy, Westbrook & Glover in the offseason.

I used to be the biggest idiot homer fan out there. A crown now proudly worn by that fucking waterhead dbair.

I was a raging homer back in those days too.

I really bought into the idea that Quentin Coryatt and Bryant Westbrook were going to bring us back to greatness. You people that have known me a while would not even recognize me back in those days.

Now, I stopped short at the Quincy Carter stuff. So I am smarter than you.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When Jerry fired Jimmy it was the first chink in the armor of my Cowboy fandom. I think the Landry situation was mishandled but also thought it was time for a change.

My ex-teammate worked for the 49ers and told me how the team laughed at the Cowboys over the Shante Carver trade/selection and I knew we were in trouble.

The Quincy Carter thing let me know Jerry was forever football stupid.

Reaction score
The biggest red flag about Quincy other than his inability to speak English or read a playbook was that he would have been a backup if he stayed in college. It was so damn transparent that Jerry was looking for a half-retarded fast black dude to be his version of Mike Vick. Only, Vick always got hurt and never won shit. Flawed strategy from the get go.

Anyway, I was already over it by then. The Switzer era was all it took. Even the Tempe super bowl felt dirty.

Reaction score
Also, I think it was pretty clear to everyone other than dumbass Philly fans that mcnabb was gonna be legit.

Andy Reid ruined that dude's career there with his terrible gameday decision making. Not as bad as Garrett though. Then again, who is?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You are holding resentment from past season failures.
Nobody's doing anything like that. You fail to see the difference between "resentment" and "okay yeah, we get it now Jerry!"

And YOU don't get it. You're the kid in Midsnipe's analogy, still waiting on the fucking porch, glove in fucking hand, for the last 20 fucking years.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Right, 9-7 could very well be enough ... particularly if the Cowboys win more than they lose vs. the NFC East.

I'm looking at this period of the season (the wait for Romo's return) as a second preseason. Assuming the team can manage a couple of wins during this second preseason, the real season will start when Romo gets back.

The story of this season will be determined by whether the team plays well when Romo returns.

Hopefully by that time the O coaches and Oline get the kicks ironed out. Because Romo might go down again when he returns.

Reaction score
This is the place where jaded, frustrated fans come to post.

We're all fans, believe it or not. We all want the Cowboys to win, and win a lot.

But we're like little kids who's dad tells us he's gonna pick us up on the weekend and take us to play catch, so we spent countless weekends waiting on the front steps, glove in hand. Only dad never showed up. So now when mom tells us dad is gonna pick us up this weekend, we're all just kind of like 'yeah whatever.'

Our fandom has been burned by years of continuous false hope and promises.

In your analogy, the dad showing up is like the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl. There is nothing else in the middle. The child experiences no joy. That’s where i disagree. I liken it to a child waiting on the porch for Troy Aikman to come by and play catch with him. It’s something that’s highly unlikely and probably won’t happen. In his disappointment, he misses out on everything else that could have given him joy. His dad, cousins and friends wanted to play catch with him. Troy Aikman doesn’t have to come over for him to find enjoyment. It would be icing on the cake if he did.

If the Cowboys don’t win the Super Bowl this year, it’s not the end of the world. We can still enjoy everything else in the middle.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I was a raging homer back in those days too.

I bet we all were. I used to argue on other message boards like the Sporting News, Austin360 and others. It's the evolution of Dallas fans. Sooner or later, these idiots that defend Garrett and Jerry with every move will change their tune. I mean, it's embarrassing some of the stuff people write. We lose with Romo and Dez and it's one excuse and then we lose when we don't have Romo and Dez and it's because we didn't have them, even though Garrett never really found a way to consistently win with them anyway.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In your analogy, the dad showing up is like the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl. There is nothing else in the middle. The child experiences no joy. That’s where i disagree. I liken it to a child waiting on the porch for Troy Aikman to come by and play catch with him. It’s something that’s highly unlikely and probably won’t happen. In his disappointment, he misses out on everything else that could have given him joy. His dad, cousins and friends wanted to play catch with him. Troy Aikman doesn’t have to come over for him to find enjoyment. It would be icing on the cake if he did.

That's like saying if you can't get a blow job from a woman you'll take one from a man and still get joy out of it. Of course a woman would be the icing on the cake but hey, it's all the same in the dark so there is middle ground; some joy is better than no joy I guess.......

Reaction score
Our excuse is what? Injuries, right? Did our team look good in the Giants or Eagles team? Specifically the offense - the bread and butter of this team for years. Has our offense, at any point this year, including when healthy, looked good to you?

And I'm not making excuses for anyone. You're claiming teams are mailing it in. I'm saying theres a difference between mailing it in, and not being a good team.

:lol

You're such a good fan. I bet you'd never pick against the Cowboys even if you had a gun to your head, right amigo?

I'm calling it like I see it. We are not a good team. We were not playing well before the injuries started accumulating. We came off a 12-4 season, followed it with a great draft, went through training camp injury free (minus Scandrick), and we were all told to expect a Super Bowl this year. Opened the season with a prime time game against a division rival, at home, and we came out flatter than day old Coke.

Our offense looked putrid against the Eagles too.

And we blew an 11 point lead against the Falcons, again, at home... because we did what Garrett is prone to do - abandon the run game.

We let a baaaaaaad Saints team beat us. The Saints are a bad team - they'll be lucky to win 5 games this year.

Listen, Everlasting..... I used to be you. I used to be the homer fan who went into every year predicting a Super Bowl.

Maybe I'm not the best "fan" in the world. IDGAF. I'm frustrated as fuck with this team and how they've broken my heart year after year after year. I'm jaded. I'm aggravated.

Rank the teams with elite QB's in the league over the past 7 or so years. I'm talking the cream of the crop guys who I firmly believe Romo falls into that category.

In no particular order:

Saints with Brees
Packers with Rodgers
Colts/Broncos with Manning
Steelers with Roethlisberger
Patriots with Brady

You maybe could add to that list with the likes of Flacco, Eli, whatever.

Look at all those teams with elite.... not good.... ELITE QB's. They've all either WON SUPER BOWLS, WON CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS, or at least made it to conference championships.

Because honestly, in todays parity driven NFL.... all you need is good coaching and a stud QB. Those two things paired, and you should be there at the end of every year.

WE FUCKING HAVE THAT WITH ROMO and we've been mediocre. We get to one divisional round game.....

WHY? Because Jerry and Jason mismanage the fuck out of this team.

Everyone acts like we need to spend years "building" this team full of blue chippers. Steaks at every plate.

You can't do that in todays NFL.

God damn ... just talking about this gets me sooooo annoyed with this team. With the literally WASTED careers of a HOF DE, TE, QB. With ELITE LT, WR talent toiling. ETC.

This team has serious problems.

"Fighting" and "Competing" isn't good enough for me. Save that shit for when we have a mediocre QB but boy oh boy were in games until the end.

As is, we have a blue chip QB who basically owns every Cowboys passing record and who has statistics that mirror Rodgers in a few categories.

Injuries aren't a pass. Green Bay had a ridiculous amount of injuries when they won the SB. Cardinals had comparable injuries last year and they still won games and went deep into the playoffs.

But if injuries are your excuse, and you defend Jason... with this being his second season with all these injuries, ask yourself.... is he really "building" a great talent base? Because we're not winning a lot of games, and people are getting injured a lot. Is he building a team full of injury prone players? Is there something in his training regimine or in his team preps that make his team more succeptable to injuries? Or is he just the unluckiest fuck in the world?

Truthfully, IDGAF if you like my logic, if you think I'm a bad fan, or whatever the fuck you think.
:slowclapgif

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think they'll be better after the bye week, but they need to win 2, 3 or 4 games before Romo returns.

If he returns for Miami that's 9 games in, if we are 4-5 or 5-4 I feel pretty good about them still making a run to win the division. New England and Green Bay are the only two really good offensive teams we play the rest of the yr, and help is coming on defense.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
THIS thread is comedy gold. Bumped for 2018 relrvance.

Yes it is, for the record, the cowboys went 2-12 after this article

And whatever happened to these posters:

Everlastingxxx - RIP 11-09-15

jnday - RIP 09-26-17

peplaw06 - RIP 09-03-17

zeroClub - RIP 01-02-17

NoShame - RIP 04-28-17

Top Bottom