Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I figured I might as well start a thread where we can discuss all our injuries throughout the season

The latest report on Dunbar says it's probably a torn MCL and will definitely require surgery

So he's gone for the season

It looks like we will get a better look at Michael now. And Beasley will now be our return man unless they bring back Lucky. Which they will probably have to do with Butlers injury

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
New report has Dez back after the bye for NYG game

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think they should let loose the reigns and go for it with guys like Lucky, Escobar, Swain and Michael. Trial by fire and see what they got

The problem is they think they're gonna win playing a super conservative, low risk style of football and in all likelihood they'll be lucky to win one game before Romo gets back but if they go all out and play with higher risk, they'll probably at least win the same number of games but may find success and win 1 or 2 more than if they played conservative..plus they'll find out what they have in Lucky, Michael, Escobar, etc

I know it won't happen but I think playing not to lose is a shitty mentality to develop with your players.

I'd much rather make errors of aggression than errors of passivity because the fact is no matter which approach is taken, there will be errors, so be aggressive!

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It looks like the team had no interest in acquiring Matt Forte before, but with Dunbar done, they might want to consider it. Forte would replace Dunbar in the passing game and is better than any RB we have by far.

Reaction score
It looks like the team had no interest in acquiring Matt Forte before, but with Dunbar done, they might want to consider it. Forte would replace Dunbar in the passing game and is better than any RB we have by far.

He's going to be VERY expensive. You'd end up losing picks and then losing him in free agency. If they didn't wanna pay Murray, I doubt they'd shell out even more to keep him around.

Gotta hope Michael pans out for now IMO.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's going to be VERY expensive. You'd end up losing picks and then losing him in free agency. If they didn't wanna pay Murray, I doubt they'd shell out even more to keep him around.

Gotta hope Michael pans out for now IMO.

I'm pulling for Michael hard but the FO seems to have a win now mentality all of the sudden, which kind of makes sense with 19 free agents (20 if you count Carr and his ridiculous contract) after this season. The Bears are going to get a 2017 3rd round compensatory pick for Forte when he leaves as a free agent. I'd give them Randle and a 2016 4th round pick for him and squeeze him under the cap (maybe restructure Witten some). At worst, we'll get that same 2017 compensatory pick if he leaves after the season.

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Michael hard but the FO seems to have a win now mentality all of the sudden, which kind of makes sense with 19 free agents (20 if you count Carr and his ridiculous contract) after this season. The Bears are going to get a 2017 3rd round compensatory pick for Forte when he leaves as a free agent. I'd give them Randle and a 2016 4th round pick for him and squeeze him under the cap (maybe restructure Witten some). At worst, we'll get that same 2017 compensatory pick if he leaves after the season.

They're going to want a 2nd rounder for him, and then we won't be able to draft a tight end.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They're going to want a 2nd rounder for him, and then we won't be able to draft a tight end.

and if someone else offers him that, they should take it. I would still offer Randle and a 4th. He does them no good playing for an awful team these next 12 games.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I thought I saw somewhere that they already restructured Witten this year

Reaction score
Wouldn't suprise me if we made a classic Jerry "wow" trade either this week or during the bye.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully it's Trading McMuffin for a bag o chips or something else of equal value

Reaction score
No if the Vikes had a losing record I could see us giving up the world for AP.

Something dramatic like that. A panic sell out for this year desperately trying to save the season trade.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
scandeick - out for the season
Dunbar - out for the season
Romo - out till week 11
Dez - back next week

Who am I forgetting?

Reaction score
scandeick - out for the season
Dunbar - out for the season
Romo - out till week 11
Dez - back next week

Who am I forgetting?

I really can't lament the loss of Dunbar. He was an average player and a mental midget.

He got injured being a fuckstick.

Reaction score
LOL

Claiborne - No brain.

No kidding. But it seems like the prizewinning morons are on the offense now. TWilly who is scared of the ball, Devin Streets who gets a concussion thinking about the play in the huddle, Braindone Weeden, and Meat on the Bone Randle. Never seen a crew with so limited a skillset and low ceiling being counted on to make plays and win games.

Top Bottom