Plymkr

Reaction score
Julius Released.

Way to go Parcells, way to trade out of the 1st round and pass on a stud like Jackson to get Jones. you fool.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's a good point. That never even crossed my mind.

Packers were interested when Grant went down. In fact, they were the earliest suitors along with the Eagles. I didn't know that the Seahawks had interest. Thye need a WR.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Julius Released.

Way to go Parcells, way to trade out of the 1st round and pass on a stud like Jackson to get Jones. you fool.

Aw please. You were just as happy as the rest of us with getting two 1st rounders the following year. And in truth, it worked out for the best. Because say if we'd have had that just one 1st rounder instead of two, and you know how hard Parcells lobbied for Spears, and he might have persuaded Jerry to take him instead of Ware. I think Parcells only relented to take Ware with the hope that Spears would be there at the 20-something pick, and he was.

Now look at it like this. We could have ended up with something like this: Spears and S. Jackson, and thereby passed on Ware. I don't know about you... but I'd rather pass on Jackson then to have passed on Ware.

Yeah. I could live with Jones---temporary, Ware and Spears moreso than possibly Spears and Jackson.

Cythim

Reaction score
Packers were interested when Grant went down. In fact, they were the earliest suitors along with the Eagles. I didn't know that the Seahawks had interest. Thye need a WR.

The Seahawks need a running game more than they need a passing game. Hasselbeck works just fine with the WR corps he has but with no one to run the ball teams are able to stop him pretty easy. If they were worried about WR they probably wouldn't have let Whosyurmomma go in the offseason.

C

Cr122

Updated: October 5, 2010, 4:49 PM ET
Seahawks deal for Marshawn Lynch
EmailPrintComments
ESPN.com news services
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Bills running back Marshawn Lynch was traded to Seattle on Tuesday, and the Seahawks made room for him by releasing Julius Jones.

The Bills said they will receive undisclosed draft picks for Lynch.

More from ESPN.com
The Bills traded one of their most talented players for middling draft considerations. The fire sale in Buffalo might be just beginning, ESPN.com's Tim Graham writes. Blog

Marshawn Lynch instantly becomes the most physically gifted runner on the Seahawks, ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes. Blog

Buffalo will receive a 2011 fourth-round pick and a 2012 conditional pick, a Seahawks team source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. The conditional pick is a sixth-round selection that can become a fifth-rounder based on Lynch's productivity with Seattle.

Buffalo's move to deal Lynch clears the way for more playing time for Fred Jackson and first-round draft pick C.J. Spiller.

Jones led the Seahawks (2-2) in rushing the last two seasons.

The Seahawks have a bye week following their 20-3 loss to the St. Louis Rams. Buffalo (0-4) lost to the New York Jets 38-14 and plays host to Jacksonville on Sunday.

While Seahawks new coach Pete Carroll is looking to retool his running game, the Bills have a much larger rebuilding job. Last week, new coach Chan Gailey released former starting quarterback Trent Edwards, who is now with the Jaguars.

Seattle's run game has struggled through four games, ranked 27th with 79.5 yards per game. In three games, the Seahawks had under 80 yards rushing.

Without a clear No. 1 back, the Seahawks ran by committee before settling on the speedy Justin Forsett. Forsett had a season-high 19 carries Sunday against St. Louis, but managed only 65 yards.

Jones was inactive against the Rams, while special teams sensation Leon Washington has just 12 carries for 30 yards.

Seattle hasn't seen a back approach 1,000 yards since Shaun Alexander was the league MVP in 2005 after running for 1,880 yards and 27 touchdowns in the Seahawks NFC championship season.

Lynch is reunited with Forsett -- the two played together at California.

"Marshawn's excited to go to the west coast, but is very appreciative of the time he had in Buffalo," the player's agent Doug Hendrickson said. "It's bittersweet, because he wishes it would've worked out better in Buffalo."

After losing his starting job to Jackson last season, Lynch reclaimed the job in Week 2 this year and led the Bills with 37 carries for 164 yards. In 45 career games, he has 2,765 yards rushing and 17 touchdowns, along with 670 yards receiving and a score.

The deal was made two weeks before the NFL trade deadline, and marks a turnaround in philosophy for the Bills, who said last spring they had no intention of trading him. Lynch had been seeking a fresh start after his reputation in Buffalo took a hit following his off-field troubles.

In June 2008, he pleaded guilty to a traffic violation and admitted to driving off after striking a female pedestrian with his car near Buffalo's downtown bar district.

In March 2009, Lynch pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge in Los Angeles, after police discovered a semiautomatic handgun in a backpack of the trunk of a parked car Lynch was sitting in.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Seahawks need a running game more than they need a passing game. Hasselbeck works just fine with the WR corps he has but with no one to run the ball teams are able to stop him pretty easy. If they were worried about WR they probably wouldn't have let Whosyurmomma go in the offseason.

They were going to let him go regardless. They offered the Chargers both their second roudners for Jackson.

Cythim

Reaction score
Either way we will get the "and I can't wait to face Dallas" quote again.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Aw please. You were just as happy as the rest of us with getting two 1st rounders the following year. And in truth, it worked out for the best. Because say if we'd have had that just one 1st rounder instead of two, and you know how hard Parcells lobbied for Spears, and he might have persuaded Jerry to take him instead of Ware. I think Parcells only relented to take Ware with the hope that Spears would be there at the 20-something pick, and he was.

Now look at it like this. We could have ended up with something like this: Spears and S. Jackson, and thereby passed on Ware. I don't know about you... but I'd rather pass on Jackson then to have passed on Ware.

Yeah. I could live with Jones---temporary, Ware and Spears moreso than possibly Spears and Jackson.

While I am glad Dallas has Ware. I still don't pass up on S. Jackson. Dude wanted to play in Dallas. I think anytime you can get a player like that. And to see him foaming at the mouth on draft day, whoops, that was me. LOL. But, still, YES, D. Ware, all stud. I still believe RB's that are worth a damn are harder to find. He is a horse too. No need for 3 when you got one like that.

I guess, it's bittersweet, and we don't even know what would of happened if Dallas does take Jackson and not Jones. The whole draft next year might of been different.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
While I am glad Dallas has Ware. I still don't pass up on S. Jackson. Dude wanted to play in Dallas. I think anytime you can get a player like that. And to see him foaming at the mouth on draft day, whoops, that was me. LOL. But, still, YES, D. Ware, all stud. I still believe RB's that are worth a damn are harder to find. He is a horse too. No need for 3 when you got one like that.

I guess, it's bittersweet, and we don't even know what would of happened if Dallas does take Jackson and not Jones. The whole draft next year might of been different.

You have a choice between S. Jackson and D. Ware... you would take Jackson? Nothing wrong in having 3 RBs. Fact is, even if Jackson were here, we'd more than likely still be doing the RB by committe. No way I take Jackson over Ware.

Reaction score
The 2004 draft was one of the more frustrating drafts I've ever watched. Jackson was the guy I wanted, and pick after pick, he was unbelievably falling to us. When we were on the clock and he was still there, I was like a kid at Christmas. When we passed on him, it was like my dog died.

When we passed on Jackson, we didn't do so with the knowledge that Ware would or wouldn't be available the following year. With every selection, you want your coaches and scouts to make the best decision for the team. The team obviously feels as though they did exactly that, and with it landing us Ware and Spears the following year - and considering how we've had decent production from the RB position for a number of years, you could argue they were correct.

It should be noted that Parcells has stated previously that had we stayed where we were and not traded down, that Kevin Jones would've been the runningback selected, and not Stephen Jackson. I believe there were concerns about Jacksons back at the time.

Top Bottom