Reaction score
Jesus Christ what a choking pos team.

First against Oklahoma and now against Florida. Impressive how they give games away.

So glad I don't follow them as closely as I used to.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Fuck Butch Jones........

Firing him tomorrow wouldn't be soon enough.

Reaction score
I've missed the second half of both games.

What exactly is the team doing wrong in the second half? These blown leads are almost Garrett-ish.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Conservative play calling and defensive collapses.
Completely abused the 2:00 minute offense on the final drive. No sense of urgency.
Florida 5-5 on 4th downs during the game.
This game was 100% worse than the Sooners meltdown.
I still stand by statement 3 yrs ago UT hired a 7-5 coach at the time. He can recruit and do his song and dance routine all he wants but it means Jack and Shit if you can't coach.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah that guy coaching the Vols has to be one of the dumbest mother fuckers ever.

TN deserves that kind of dumb though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Saw highlights where UT rushed three men on 4th and 13 and gave it away.

Jesus.

UF converted something like 5 of 5 on 4th down, including the 3 man rush on 4th and forever. Instead of actually covering with 8 though, they had one guy spy the QB. SMART!

He killed his own team with stupid TO calls too.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Ccountless times to put the game away with one stop in the Sooners and Gators game and they can't come through.

Dobbs played like a man possessed minus one fumble. I get the ground and pound to some degree but it's inexcusable to have the stable of WR this team has and you dont try to generate any semblance of a passing game............ridiculous.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
UF converted something like 5 of 5 on 4th down, including the 3 man rush on 4th and forever. Instead of actually covering with 8 though, they had one guy spy the QB. SMART!

He killed his own team with stupid TO calls too.

"Butchered" the 2 min offense on that last drive. The clock operator and the refs failure to communicate properly didn't help but JFC that was just a shitty job of communication and urgency after the team got across midfield to try and get within FG range.

Start over tomorrow for all I care. I've heard give him time till I'm sick.
/Jim_McElwain has been at Florida for 4 games and is 4-0 along with keeping the streak alive for an 11th year. Seems he didn't need that much time to shove it up Vol nations arse one more time.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
You don't see what's being built there, Mr. Po.

Until we formulate a proper coaching search / Hire an AD with a clue/ along with shelling out some serious cash for a reputable coach this is what we we are........

Disjointed mediocrity. Might want to look into transferring to the Big Sky or Mac conference before to long.

Hoping we completely tank and Butch "no close" Jones is axed along with the Eagles continued collapse.

Chip Kelly looks for a return into college football and the Vols roll out the red carpet.

image.jpg

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Yes it would.

Scary to think what he could accomplish with they have on board. This team has talent on the offensive side of the ball but is being completely under utilized and being put into positions to fail with this lackluster offensive scheme they currently have going.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Chip Kelly is replacing Charlie Strong at Texas

Strong then shows up in Knoxville

Reaction score
Tennessee putting a whooping on Northwestern in the Outback Bowl.

#RealNationalChampionship

Reaction score
Tennessee destroys Northwestern 45-6 in Outback Bowl

By Sam Cooper
29 minutes ago

Start up the Tennessee hype train again.

Using a swarming defense and a balanced offensive attack, the Vols completely dominated an overmatched Northwestern team to win the Outback Bowl, 45-6. Tennessee’s defense allowed only 261 yards and forced four turnovers in the win.

And while the defense completely overwhelmed the one-dimensional Northwestern offense, the Vols racked up 420 yards, including 226 on the ground. Bruising sophomore Jalen Hurd led the way with 130 yards and a score while Alvin Kamara added 52 yards. Quarterback Josh Dobbs also had a big day for UT, throwing for 166 yards while rushing for 48 yards and two scores.

Both offenses struggled to find their footing early on, but once Tennessee got into a rhythm, Northwestern had no shot.

The Vols first struck on a 14-yard Dobbs touchdown run and then tacked on a field goal on their next drive to take a 10-0 lead. Northwestern followed with its best drive of the game – a 12-play, 75-yard effort that culminated in a five-yard Justin Jackson touchdown run, cutting the lead to 10-6 (extra point missed) with 5:40 left in the first half.

Tennessee quickly responded and extended the lead when Kamara went 11 yards untouched for a score, giving the Vols a 17-6 halftime lead.

The second half was all Tennessee.

Hurd reached paydirt from three yards out midway through the third and the defense followed it up by intercepting struggling Northwestern quarterback Clayton Thorson for the second time.

Dobbs put the game out of reach with a highlight reel score early in the fourth. The junior lined up in shotgun, but couldn’t handle the snap. After retrieving the ball, Dobbs took off running and scampered 18 yards down the sideline and dove for the pylon while somehow staying inbounds.

Two more garbage time touchdowns followed, including a 99-yard Evan Berry interception return in the final minute, to seal the blowout win.

The win is Tennessee’s seventh in its last eight games. The only loss over that stretch was a five-point defeat at the hands of College Football Playoff finalist Alabama in Tuscaloosa.

That great finish, coupled with Friday’s display of dominance, should give the Vols a considerable amount of hype headed into the 2016 season. There was plenty of it surrounding the program last year too after the Vols trounced Iowa in the TaxSlayer Bowl, but a 3-4 start to this season quickly squelched the team’s SEC title hopes.

However, with a large majority of its top contributors returning to the fold with another year of experience under their belts, maybe 2016 will finally be the year the Vols return to the top tier of the conference.

The loss gives Northwestern a 10-3 record to finish the year, tying the best win total in Pat Fitzgerald’s 10-year tenure as head coach. The team had nice wins over Stanford and Wisconsin on the year, but its three losses – to Michigan, Iowa and Tennessee – came by an average margin of 35.7 points.

Reaction score
Well, at least I can feel confident about one of my favorite teams futures.....

Go Vols.

Top Bottom