Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ok guys so where do we really go without Romo?

Weeden simply isn't a valid option IMO. But he's all we have right now. Where do we look for Weeden's back up?

RGIII? I'm sure Washington would pay us to take him just so they could score defensive touchdowns off of him when they play us twice later this year!

But seriously.....
Who is out there to Back Up Weeden?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well gee. I don't know.

Take Griffin and the $16 million contract? You're a troll.

And seriously, how many pick 6s does Griffin have in his career?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well gee. I don't know.

Take Griffin and the $16 million contract? You're a troll.

And seriously, how many pick 6s does Griffin have in his career?

Sarcasm

Ever heard of it? If not....use da Google machine. It will esplain it to yous

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I kinda expected Weeden to meltdown and make some game changing bad plays when he came in, but he ddnt

Threw the ball extremely well. The defenses coming up are not juggernauts, if they can protect him some and find a way to run the ball a little better, I think we may be ok for awhile.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Kitna want to quit his H.S. coaching gig and come back?

We could bring in a sloth in jersey and it won't matter. Weeden is bad enough but if we end up with a back up to a back up starting then you can start making alternative arrangements for Sunday afternoons.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I kinda expected Weeden to meltdown and make some game changing bad plays when he came in, but he ddnt

Threw the ball extremely well. The defenses coming up are not juggernauts, if they can protect him some and find a way to run the ball a little better, I think we may be ok for awhile.

That is the best possible situation. I just have zero confidence that Weeden can survive till Romo returns without making a few extremely bad decisions that will cost us a few games

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He played bad against Arizona last yr, but Arizona had a really good defense that plays multiple fronts and multiple coverages.

I don't think any of the teams coming up on our schedule have a defense like theirs. It doesn't mean I am sold on Weeden being good, but at least he has a better chance against some of these teams.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Weeden is bad enough but if we end up with a back up to a back up starting then you can start making alternative arrangements for Sunday afternoons.

This is true. Then I can hang out with my drinking buddies who are Raider fans and I will finally know what they feel like year after year.

That hopeless feeling at the start of each season that they always feel. Maybe then I'll understand their pain

Reaction score
Weeden is terrible. He was fine today against a truly all-time pathetic team, but it's gonna be a different story against teams that have some time to prep for him.

Really hoping the defense keeps us alive. Hardy and McClain will be huge additions. Gregory will be back too. It may not take much from the offense to win some of these games.

I hope they give Michael a chance. Things would feel a lot better right now if we had an impact RB.

Reaction score
Depends on how long romo is out.

I firmly believe he'll do everything in his power to come back this year. Were not dead yet. 2-0, with two division wins. 9-7 likely wins the division this year. Giants are giving away games. Eagles seem to be bad. Washington can't be real.

By years end we'll have Romo, Dez, Hardy etc. Ready to roll for the post season.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The NFC East being down keeps this year alive. I expect them to activate Kellen Moore and roll with Brandon Weeden. They just need to float around .500 for the next 2 months. The next three weeks might be brutal though.

Falcons
at Saints
<-----------Greg Hardy & Rolando McClain return
Patriots
BYE WEEK
<------------------Randy Gregory should be back
at Giants
Seahawks
Eagles
at Buccaneers
<------------------Tony Romo should be back
at Dolphins
Panthers
at Redskins
<------------------Dez Bryant should be back
at Packers
Jets
at Bills
Redskins

I don't like that we have 2 maybe 3 cold-weather games for Romo's and Dez's return

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I still say we could creep in with 10 wins but probably will end up with 9. Assuming we don't loose anyone else important and we actually get everyone back as scheduled

With the way the rest of our division is playing 9 wins will probably be good enough to win the division

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Depends on how long romo is out.

I firmly believe he'll do everything in his power to come back this year. Were not dead yet. 2-0, with two division wins. 9-7 likely wins the division this year. Giants are giving away games. Eagles seem to be bad. Washington can't be real.

By years end we'll have Romo, Dez, Hardy etc. Ready to roll for the post season.

I think Giants will turn it around. Can't see them going 3-0.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The NFC East being down keeps this year alive. I expect them to activate Kellen Moore and roll with Brandon Weeden. They just need to float around .500 for the next 2 months. The next three weeks might be brutal though.

Falcons
at Saints
<-----------Greg Hardy & Rolando McClain return
Patriots
BYE WEEK
<------------------Randy Gregory should be back
at Giants
Seahawks
Eagles
at Buccaneers
<------------------Tony Romo should be back
at Dolphins
Panthers
at Redskins
<------------------Dez Bryant should be back
at Packers
Jets
at Bills
Redskins

I don't like that we have 2 maybe 3 cold-weather games for Romo's and Dez's return

Moore has a better starting record that Weeden ever will. But can he run our offense ?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm one of the few who doesn't think Weeden is that bad, adjusted for the state of today's QB game. Of course he's terrible compared to Romo, but watching him every week for years will spoil you. This is a league where you have scrubs like Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett starting games, so of course the backups are going to be a step down from that.

Top Bottom