Reaction score
Still picking all the West Texas A&M alums for your team dooms?

Having Dustin Vaughan at QB and Khiry Robinson at RB every week isn't going to win you much.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Still picking all the West Texas A&M alums for your team dooms?
There's only ever been, one. And that was just the first week. I picked, mostly Cowboys.
Having Dustin Vaughan at QB and Khiry Robinson at RB every week isn't going to win you much.
Can't pick anyone not on a active roster... But did have Robinson the first week and he scored 9.7 points, I dropped him the following week then he had a 20 point day! You never know who's gonna actually do, what.

Every player I pick either gets hurt, or has a "off" day for them, including Rodgers, and even Brady didn't score as well last week as he had been. In fact Rodgers was a full 12 points off his average and Brady, something like 8.1 points off.

Davonta Freeman and Le'Veon Bell gave me 62 points between them though. But I bombed on Gronk, Heyward-Bey and Fitzgerald who all performed at least 12 points less than their average. I was about 11 points out of the money on three of the four events I was in.

You can pick the best players, the ones with the highest averages, and still bomb out. Meanwhile the guys who win real money seem to pick dark horses, outta nowhere guys who are both cheap on salary and also have low averages.

Another note - the guys who win big also play big and spend upwards of a grand every week, entering 30-50 contests and have as many rosters for them too. I'm just a dabbler, spending only 50 bucks total so far and only entering 4-5 events, with three rosters.

It DOES add something to game day though, it adds entertainment value and it's well worth playing. It's fun, but I just keep it cheap. I still have six bucks to play with, this week. I might make a $10 deposit just so I can still enter 4-5 events. But this time I am going to have separate rosters for every event.

You should get into it, see how you do.

Reaction score
There's only ever been, one. And that was just the first week. I picked, mostly Cowboys.
Ahhh, yes that's it. You picked Robinson and a bunch of Cowboys.

Can't pick anyone not on a active roster... But did have Robinson the first week and he scored 9.7 points, I dropped him the following week then he had a 20 point day! You never know who's gonna actually do, what.
I don't see a week where Robinson could have had that many points. He had 19 yards rushing and 51 yards receiving week 1, 9 yards rushing and 48 yards receiving week 2, and every other week he's had 30 yards or less rushing and less than 10 yards receiving with 1 TD each in week 3 and 4.

I may give it a shot. I think what you have to do is get big scorers who consistently score, then bargain bin shop for some sleepers with good matchups or who are filling in for an injured guy to save money.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think what you have to do is get big scorers who consistently score, then bargain bin shop for some sleepers with good matchups or who are filling in for an injured guy to save money.
Because of the salary cap, this is actually what you have to do. But when you load up on 5 or 6 big scorers who consistently score you don't have cap money left for shit. Then when some of them get hurt or have "off" days, you're out of the running.

Matters what events you join as well - how many people also in them, and so on.
1 TD each in week 3 and 4.
TDs score fantasy points. He might not have been at 20 but he was a lot better than when I had him that one week. My rosters are where players go to dieeee.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This week I Have one roster that is mostly people going against Jacksonville, because they're really really bad. Have three more rosters, all of which leave between $100 and $600 "meat on the bone" as far as cap space goes but have top QBs and receivers in them. Went cheaper on the RBs and TEs, looking for value in a player with pretty okay fantasy points average, but relatively lower salary. A grand less here and another one there helps.

Possible winnings this week? $142K Deposited $25 and still have $11 left.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Off to a good start so far on one of my games - leading 9,500+ other people right at the moment:

inlead.jpg

Right there where it says who's number one?

Heh

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Okay, I have this dumb stuff figured out now.

Studying the guys who constantly win it is easy to see why they win and the penny-ante players like myself, typically don't. They SPEND a lot of money.

These heavy hitters who do all the winning have typically 40 frikkin rosters, covering every player possibility and combination, and have these rosters entered into 50-plus events. Some of them, have all 40 rosters also entered into the same event. They can't possibly lose.

There is no way they come out a loser, even if for their $3000 investment this week, they only come out of there with $3100. For example.

This is about 100 players doing this, out of the million or so every week. So, the penny-ante players like myself who comprise 99 percent of the million, are financing the winnings for the big spenders.

It takes money to make money, as they say.

Reaction score
Off to a good start so far on one of my games - leading 9,500+ other people right at the moment:

View attachment 3115

Right there where it says who's number one?

Heh
Dude... you gotta spread the love around to other games. You're not gonna win anything with 8 out of 9 players playing in the same game, and 7 on the same team. You're throwing your money away.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dude... you gotta spread the love around to other games. You're not gonna win anything with 8 out of 9 players playing in the same game, and 7 on the same team. You're throwing your money away.
That was 3 bucks and I have five other rosters. I did this one specifically to load up on that Thursday night game. It wound up being my first and only winner so far, 5 bucks.

Right now my other rosters in other contests have me winning $20 at the moment. Of course that will disappear by the end of Monday night I'm sure.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm getting bored with FD. Im having my best weekend so far, but not getting hard over winning $500 or $600.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Looking better than I ever have right now:

winning.jpg

Right now $39 to the good.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I am really considering this. I currently lead all the casual leagues I play in points wise. Seems like I could make a few bucks at this, but millions of suckers believe the same thing.

Appreciate all the posts. Think I will give it a go week 7.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's fun. Just realize that if you play small you gonna win small if at all. It's cheap entertainment from where I'm standing - only paid them $75 total so far, and looking like gonna win $50 this week.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I won some money!

This led me to do a little audit, and I now see I have given them $85 bucks overall, and my winnings so far is $45.

So I am 40 in the red all told.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just for shits and giggles.... a all-Dallas lineup!

Look at how cheap they are, I have over 16K cap space left!

dallaslineup.jpg

Only playing this roster in one $3 event, just for the heck of it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Aww SHIT!

I submitted that lineup and it was REJECTED!

Roster not valid for the following reason:

Players must span at least two games
You can't pick Matt Cassel. So I replaced him with Tom Brady.

Wish we could do that in real life.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if you get more than 50 points from the Dallas players combined.

Top Bottom