Ahmeds Clock... - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 131 of 131

Thread: Ahmeds Clock...

  1. Back To Top    #121
    Hall of Famer jnday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    2,675
    vCash
    500
    Hoof, I asked many of these same questions to the preacher at our small country church. I asked him about the chances of people going to heaven even if they have never been exposed to Jesus's teaching or have never read a Bible at all. He told me that anyone that didn't accept Jesus Christ as their savior was doomed to burn in hell. I told him that I totally disagreed. I was raised as a Southern Baptist and this preacher that I spoke to is also one of these preachers that thinks very few religions ,other than Baptist, have any chance of going to heaven. I disagree with him for a couple of different reasons. I find it hard to believe that God would condemn a very good man to hell if the man has never been exposed to Jesus. Others are about 80 tribes in Central and South America that have never had contact with the outside world. There is no doubt in my mind that some good-hearted people live in some of these tribes. I also asked if all of my pagan ancestors was doomed to hell. His answer was yes. I disagreed due to the fact that they pre-dated Jesus and they had no knowledge of the Jewish religion. I would like to think that God is fair and considers the circumstances of each person on judgement day. I may be wrong and I might burn in hell myself for my way of thinking, but I feel like I have just as much right to read the Bible and form an opinion about the meaning as any preacher, priest, bishop or even the pope. Many of these holy men translate passages from the Bible to support their own views instead of stating the true meaning of these passages.

  2. Back To Top    #122
    Hall of Famer VTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,038
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofbite View Post
    Why not just judge everyone by their circumstance? Shit, why even judge by circumstance at all considering he's responsible for circumstance?



    I was under the impression that if you didn't subscribe to Christianity that you didn't go to heaven. Is this not true? If someone was born into a setting where they could never hear of Christianity and they could never go to heaven, kinda means they're fucked from the get-go, doesn't it?
    Youíre kind of going in circles or not reading my answers. The exceptions will be dealt with by God; i.e. those not directly exposed to the Gospel. Will their situation in any way impact yours? Do you not believe in God because certain aspects of Him are unclear?

    God doesnít create our circumstances, we do by our decisions. He created, cited His commandments and allowed humanity to make itís choices, largely uninterrupted, apart from His major influence on the Jews for purposes of setting examples.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofbite View Post
    Ethiopia is 1/3rd Muslim, nearly 2/3rds Christian. 74% of women have undergone female genital mutilation.

    Proximity actions don't reflect badly on Christianity, but stuff they take part in does.
    Iím not sure those demographics are recent, especially considering the Arab Spring, ISIS and Boko Haram. As for genital mutilation, Iíve never even heard of a Christian doing that until you brought it up. In Ethiopia itís prevailing in Muslim regions, Somali and Harrari, not Christian and not very popular in Christian regions. But Christians in Uganda outnumber Muslims who do it. And so, true theyíre not following Christianity in any way shape or form. Your guess was correct, they are not Christians. While you can find the practice praised as virtuous in the Hadith, you wonít find it mentioned anywhere in the bible. It's an African epidemic that's primarily Islamic by obedience to the written word of their faith; you can tell this by it's practices in migrants to other nations: Only Muslims bring it with them, Christians do not. How does this affect my argument that the bible and Christianity specifically doesn't condone murder for simple unbelief?

  3. Back To Top    #123
    Hall of Famer Hoofbite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,209
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by VTA View Post
    You’re kind of going in circles or not reading my answers. The exceptions will be dealt with by God; i.e. those not directly exposed to the Gospel. Will their situation in any way impact yours? Do you not believe in God because certain aspects of Him are unclear?

    God doesn’t create our circumstances, we do by our decisions. He created, cited His commandments and allowed humanity to make it’s choices, largely uninterrupted, apart from His major influence on the Jews for purposes of setting examples.



    I’m not sure those demographics are recent, especially considering the Arab Spring, ISIS and Boko Haram. As for genital mutilation, I’ve never even heard of a Christian doing that until you brought it up. In Ethiopia it’s prevailing in Muslim regions, Somali and Harrari, not Christian and not very popular in Christian regions. But Christians in Uganda outnumber Muslims who do it. And so, true they’re not following Christianity in any way shape or form. Your guess was correct, they are not Christians. While you can find the practice praised as virtuous in the Hadith, you won’t find it mentioned anywhere in the bible. It's an African epidemic that's primarily Islamic by obedience to the written word of their faith; you can tell this by it's practices in migrants to other nations: Only Muslims bring it with them, Christians do not. How does this affect my argument that the bible and Christianity specifically doesn't condone murder for simple unbelief?
    It's not really related to that argument. When I pointed out that I felt you were distinguishing between the blood shed by each religion based on non-belief and disobedience, you said that it was ancient past for Christianity. We are off course, but that's how we got here.

    As for the original argument, I think the distinctions being drawn between the two "offenses" are more or less non-existent. They are synonyms for all intents and purposes, however you seem not to believe so.
    I never fucked a ten, but one night, I fucked five twos.

  4. Back To Top    #124
    Everlastingxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,455
    vCash
    2000
    Quote Originally Posted by jnday View Post
    Hoof, I asked many of these same questions to the preacher at our small country church. I asked him about the chances of people going to heaven even if they have never been exposed to Jesus's teaching or have never read a Bible at all. He told me that anyone that didn't accept Jesus Christ as their savior was doomed to burn in hell. I told him that I totally disagreed. I was raised as a Southern Baptist and this preacher that I spoke to is also one of these preachers that thinks very few religions ,other than Baptist, have any chance of going to heaven. I disagree with him for a couple of different reasons. I find it hard to believe that God would condemn a very good man to hell if the man has never been exposed to Jesus. Others are about 80 tribes in Central and South America that have never had contact with the outside world. There is no doubt in my mind that some good-hearted people live in some of these tribes. I also asked if all of my pagan ancestors was doomed to hell. His answer was yes. I disagreed due to the fact that they pre-dated Jesus and they had no knowledge of the Jewish religion. I would like to think that God is fair and considers the circumstances of each person on judgement day. I may be wrong and I might burn in hell myself for my way of thinking, but I feel like I have just as much right to read the Bible and form an opinion about the meaning as any preacher, priest, bishop or even the pope. Many of these holy men translate passages from the Bible to support their own views instead of stating the true meaning of these passages.
    It’s odd that you are confused on the basic foundation of your religion. Every person is born with original sin (adam and eve sinned passing it down). Someone who hasn’t heard the gospel still has original sin. Aborted babies as well. Jesus is the supposed atonement and the only way to cleanse the original sin. If your god could make exceptions, when why the fuck do you need blood atonement at all? Honestly, it’s just silly to think a god needs to kill someone so that he can forgive them. Same with the idea that Adam and Eves sin was passed down and we are somehow responsible for it. The test that god gave her was dumb too. She couldn’t have chosen correctly, she didn’t know what good and evil was until she ate of the apple. So god set humanity up to fail, so that he could later kill himself, making himself a sacrifice to himself so that he could forgive you for something you had nothing to do with on a test that he set up to fail. Sounds good!

    None of this savoir shit is new. Christianity took it from earlier pagan religions. All of the Christian holidays were pagan holidays. Just recycled.
    Last edited by Everlastingxxx; 10-02-2015 at 04:49 PM.

  5. Back To Top    #125
    Hall of Famer VTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,038
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofbite View Post
    It's not really related to that argument. When I pointed out that I felt you were distinguishing between the blood shed by each religion based on non-belief and disobedience, you said that it was ancient past for Christianity. We are off course, but that's how we got here.

    As for the original argument, I think the distinctions being drawn between the two "offenses" are more or less non-existent. They are synonyms for all intents and purposes, however you seem not to believe so.
    Well you’re drawing parallels between God-ordained Levitical punishments of the old world and what can only be described as torture and further, applying both of them to Christianity. There are major differences here. Are we comparing God’s commandments with man’s free-wiil practices or God’s commandments with Mohammeds (or other religions) practices?

    The differences are as stark as the death penalty versus gang violence. Both end in death, but both are not equal.

  6. Back To Top    #126
    Hall of Famer jnday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    2,675
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlastingxxx View Post
    It’s odd that you are confused on the basic foundation of your religion. Every person is born with original sin (adam and eve sinned passing it down). Someone who hasn’t heard the gospel still has original sin. Aborted babies as well. Jesus is the supposed atonement and the only way to cleanse the original sin. If your god could make exceptions, when why the fuck do you need blood atonement at all? Honestly, it’s just silly to think a god needs to kill someone so that he can forgive them. Same with the idea that Adam and Eves sin was passed down and we are somehow responsible for it. The test that god gave her was dumb too. She couldn’t have chosen correctly, she didn’t know what good and evil was until she ate of the apple. So god set humanity up to fail, so that he could later kill himself, making himself a sacrifice to himself so that he could forgive you for something you had nothing to do with on a test that he set up to fail. Sounds good!

    None of this savoir shit is new. Christianity took it from earlier pagan religions. All of the Christian holidays were pagan holidays. Just recycled.
    I am not confused about my beliefs, but I do think there are some things that are not answered. I tend to question religion more than most people that blindly believes anything a pastor says. You are welcome to believe in nothing if you wish. You think that you know more than 95% of the people walking this planet when you deny that there is a higher power. I tend to believe that most humans are right to believe in God.

  7. Back To Top    #127
    Everlastingxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,455
    vCash
    2000
    Quote Originally Posted by jnday View Post
    I am not confused about my beliefs
    You just explained a disagreement with your pastor. You are obviously confused about a specific belief otherwise you wouldn’t have asked him!

    You are welcome to believe in nothing if you wish.
    I believe in many things. The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and your god are not one of them.

    You think that you know more than 95% of the people walking this planet when you deny that there is a higher power. I tend to believe that most humans are right to believe in God.
    I already answered this but it must have gone over your head. This argument is a logical fallacy. This is an argumentum ad populum (appeal to people).
    Last edited by Everlastingxxx; 10-03-2015 at 01:17 AM.

  8. Back To Top    #128
    Hall of Famer jnday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    2,675
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlastingxxx View Post
    You just explained a disagreement with your pastor. You are obviously confused about a specific belief otherwise you wouldn’t have asked him!



    I believe in many things. The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and your god are not one of them.



    I already answered this but it must have gone over your head. This argument is a logical fallacy. This is an argumentum ad populum (appeal to people).
    I don't have to be confused to have a discussion. I wasn't asking his views do that I would change me beliefs. Preachers, priest or even the Pope does not effect my beliefs. They are just men like so many others. I also ron't care if you believe in my God or any other Gods for that matter. I am not a religious nut that thinks it is my duty to convert you. It is your decision and you will answer for it one day. As I said , I don't care if you don't have any religious beliefs. It is your life and you will have to live with your decisions . It will not effect me in the least bit.

  9. Back To Top    #129
    Hall of Famer Dodger12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,919
    vCash
    2350000
    'Clock Boy' lawsuit thrown out in federal court

    A federal court has thrown out the civil rights lawsuit filed by the family of the Texas teenager known as “Clock Boy.”

    The lawsuit alleged that the city of Irving and Irving school district discriminated against Ahmed Mohamed at Irving MacArthur High School in September of 2015.

    Mohamed, a Muslim teenager who was 14 years old at the time, brought a homemade clock to school to show his engineering teacher. But an alarm on the clock went off in his English class and the teacher confiscated it. He was sent to the principal’s office.

    “A.M. never stated the device was anything other than a clock, never threatened anyone with harm, never claimed to have made a bomb, and never attempted to scare or cause alarm to anyone. When he asked for his parents, he was told that he could not speak with them because he was in the middle of an interrogation,” his attorney argued according to the court's ruling.

    The lawsuit claimed Mohamed’s civil rights were violated when he was interrogated at length without his parents and arrested on hoax bomb charges.

    When his father finally arrived at the school several hours later, the court documents state he "tried to explain to Officer Howman that A.M. was interested in robotics and created things, but she was unwilling to listen to his explanations."

    Police originally said Mohamed was not very forthcoming and the school as concerned that the device was possibly the infrastructure for a bomb. Officers acted in an abundance of caution.

    “It was a very suspicious device. We live in an age where you can't take things like that to school. Of course we've seen across our country horrific things happen. We have to err on the side of caution," Irving Police Chief Larry Boyd told FOX 4 in 2015.

    The charges against Mohamed were later dropped but the school still suspended him for three days.

  10. Props ThoughtExperiment, Doomsday, dbair1967 gave props for this post
  11. Back To Top    #130
    Star Spangled Butt Kicker Doomsday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    High Plains Drifter
    Posts
    10,973
    vCash
    500
    brought a homemade clock to school
    No, he fucking sure did NOT. He brought a disassembled electronic clock radio, to school. He didn't actually MAKE anything.

  12. Back To Top    #131
    Hall of Famer yimyammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,979
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    No, he fucking sure did NOT. He brought a disassembled electronic clock radio, to school. He didn't actually MAKE anything.
    He MADE a lot of people mad and/or skerd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

The End Zone