Reaction score
WATCH: Cowboys DE Randy Gregory picks up 2nd sack of preseason​

There goes Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory again!

The second-round pick just picked up his second sack of the preseason. Gregory used a variety of moves to get by San Francisco 49ers Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Staley and sack quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Check it out in the video embedded below:

[video]https://vine.co/v/ejB9OunTbEO[/video]

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-Cowboys-DE-Randy-Gregory-picks-up-2nd-sack-of-preseason-38909165

Reaction score
I realize this is still pre-season football, but Gregory's moves on the Fag Niners Pro Bowl LT was pretty darn impressive. :towel

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Is Gregory one of the guys being suspended, or is he good to go week one?

And is Demarcus Lawrence doing anything?

Reaction score
Love the draft pick. Love the player. Love the potential and I hope he retires a Cowboy after an illustrious 15 year career

Hate that we handed him 94 though.

Will change my mind if he earns it though. Just seemed too soon and somewhat disrespectful to Ware.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Did they "give" him 94 or did he pick it? He wore both #4 and #44 at Nebraska. I know we did that with #88 with Antonio and Dez, just wasn't sure if that was the intention with #94.

247Sports

He's a beast. People talk about him slipping to the 2nd round but people forget most had him as a top 5 pick right up until the red flags and question marks started coming out. If he keeps progressing, and with Demarcus Lawrence showing he can handle the LDE spot, the team can move on from Greg Hardy next year (up to $11M this year and who knows how much he's going to get next contract) and spend that money on a competent free safety and an upgrade at 1-Tech.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Did they "give" him 94 or did he pick it? He wore both #4 and #44 at Nebraska. I know we did that with #88 with Antonio and Dez, just wasn't sure if that was the intention with #94.
Pretty sure we just assigned it to him like we have been known to do with #88 at times. It's a "we think you can be this" kind of Pygmalion Effect thing I think. We never had a prominent #94 until Charles Haley.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Pretty sure we just assigned it to him like we have been known to do with #88 at times. It's a "we think you can be this" kind of Pygmalion Effect thing I think. We never had a prominent #94 until Charles Haley.

Yep. It's a Jerry thing.

Reaction score
Just watched the game, Gregory's arm span is crazy. Reed Richards. He was held on one play that would have been a sack too.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep, but cut it out. We can only discuss negative things here.

Reaction score
Haley. Ware had to "earn" the #94.

Disagree. I say Ware because Ware almost literally just left the team and isn't retired.

At least let rigamortis set in on your dead friend before you try and fuck his wife.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just watched the game, Gregory's arm span is crazy. Reed Richards. He was held on one play that would have been a sack too.
The DL play is a big bright spot so far this preseason. We're not used to seeing opposing quarterbacks under duress, it's refreshing.

Reaction score
Hes freakishly quick for a DE
I know I'm looking at him next to Bishop and Coleman in terms of getting to Kaepernick on this play, but those other two were the first to get to the QB, and Gregory made them look like they were standing still when he pounced.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Disagree. I say Ware because Ware almost literally just left the team and isn't retired.

At least let rigamortis set in on your dead friend before you try and fuck his wife.
The #94 legacy was carried on by Ware, but it's Hall of Famer Haley we're calling back to when we give a player that number. Not Ware.

Reaction score
What part of Ware just left the team being my issue is hard for you to comprehend, Mr Potato Head?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What part of Ware just left the team being my issue is hard for you to comprehend, Mr Potato Head?
It has nothing to do with why we gave his number to another player. You believe it's pissing on Ware, but clearly it is not. If anything it is a complement, obviously we think the new guy can be up there with the other prominent #94 wearers. I understand your gripe just fine, just don't happen to share it. Ware's not sacred.

Top Bottom