ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Honestly, it was her best performance of the 3 debates. She clearly has that establishment edge.
Lacking that Trump or his people should have launched off of that angle. He's not making his case to the undecided.
At least not in the debates.
Yep, I thought she was much better in this one than in the second one.

It's amazing to me that he can't stay on message that she's the career politician who has lived off your taxes (plus the CF corruption) her entire life, and I'm the outsider who can change some things. That's what got him in the race to begin with and that's what could sway some undecideds. But he keeps getting distracted by the shiny objects that flash by.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Yep, I thought she was much better in this one than in the second one.

It's amazing to me that he can't stay on message that she's the career politician who has lived off your taxes (plus the CF corruption) her entire life, and I'm the outsider who can change some things. That's what got him in the race to begin with and that's what could sway some undecideds. But he keeps getting distracted by the shiny objects that flash by.

His advisors probably spooked him into modifying his tone, which you can see he struggles with.
He shouldn't be fighting his opponents fight; she's far too good at it.

But then, I'd probably seize up in front of a crowd, under the lights. I'm much more on the ball when no one is looking. :lol

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I heard Hillary was awful. Kept looking down and having to read off notes, couldn't give any direct answers on anything and had the totally fake smile working again.

I DVR'd it but didn't watch, but probably will later tonight.

What's up Hombre? She was awful and completely dodged some serious questions and those dodges were obvious. Unfortunately, folks have been stuck on his "Bad Hombre" line and his non-committal to supporting the election winner. Trump scored a lot of points in my book but people get lost in the most minute BS.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly, it was her best performance of the 3 debates. She clearly has that establishment edge.
Lacking that Trump or his people should have launched off of that angle. He's not making his case to the undecided.
At least not in the debates.

I haven't seen the news since this morning but from what i saw, he scored well with the undecided voters. Also, I thought it was one of her worst performances. She had a strong first debate and just floundered the last 2.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What's up Hombre? She was awful and completely dodged some serious questions and those dodges were obvious. Unfortunately, folks have been stuck on his "Bad Hombre" line and his non-committal to supporting the election winner. Trump scored a lot of points in my book but people get lost in the most minute BS.

I really don't understand why this is an issue. For the Dems and the Clinton people who are all up in arms over this, if they arnt committing massive voter fraud/cheating then they have nothing to concern themselves with. However evidence clearly shows they've already done that in this election year and its already happening in the general election. Trump has every right to have the results scrutinized.

Its like the fucktard dems think Trump should just be down with them stealing the WH

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Well when 95% (or more) of the media is in the tank for one candidate over the other, that's an easy accomplishment.

Thats true but he could have been better on that stage and really made her look bad even with the coddling she has gotten from the media.

Its like the whole Trump thing has run out of gas. He's like a limp dick as a candidate now.He's playing the victim too much and looks weak. He's doing the very thing he lambasted McCain and Romney for.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I haven't seen the news since this morning but from what i saw, he scored well with the undecided voters. Also, I thought it was one of her worst performances. She had a strong first debate and just floundered the last 2.

So far I've only read Breitbart saying he swung some undecideds. Every other thing I've seen have been liberal victory laps. Of course all of these outlets are biased, I have to take them all with a grain.

I don't know, I came to the entirely opposite conclusion about the three debates. I thought Trump was awful in Round one, but she was too. 2 and 3 I'd have to give it to her talking points and form. Total bullshit of course, but entirely establishment and status quo.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Latest LA Times polls yesterday showed race is tied again though.

He isn't ideal but she would be far worse than him. I hope people will realize that on election day.

LA Times poll is a different approach to polling. A tie isn't a good thing because it's pretty much the only poll of the lot that has projected Trump to consistently be ahead.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LA Times poll is a different approach to polling. A tie isn't a good thing because it's pretty much the only poll of the lot that has projected Trump to consistently be ahead.

You mean as opposed to other extremely left leaning polls that call the same democratic saturated areas on a week to week basis?

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here is to hoping Wikileaks drops an earth shattering, Hillary campaign destroying batch of emails in the next few weeks. Something along the lines of "she killed baby Jesus with a rusty spork" (with video proof)

Otherwise she will be the next president and this country will never be the same!

Lord knows no other dirt on her has stuck

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still don't think she is going to win. I think the Dems and the media have been cooking the books on some of these polls all year and I also believe there's a strong contingent of people that just arnt admitting right now that they are going to vote for Trump.

The desperate, vicious attacks they have been going after Trump with wouldn't be worth their time unless internally, they know the Hag is in trouble.

Reaction score
I remember watching FOX News on the night of the 2012 election. The entire set was stunned because they had believed faulty partisan conservative polls that turned out to be very inaccurate.

You may be setting yourself up for a repeat, dbair. I don't think Trump is doing particularly well now.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I remember watching FOX News on the night of the 2012 election. The entire set was stunned because they had believed faulty partisan conservative polls that turned out to be very inaccurate.

You may be setting yourself up for a repeat, dbair. I don't think Trump is doing particularly well now.

they also made a big deal about Obama speaking to half-empty arenas .. just like Hillary

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

They never saw the results of 2014 coming either, they got that totally wrong.

They also all got it wrong on Brexit.

Reaction score
I have more confidence in the data and statistics at http://fivethirtyeight.com/ .

To me, here's the troubling thing about the partisan conservative polls -- if they use poor data collection and analytic techniques, and people believe them (that the conservative candidate(s) is/are ahead) ... then if the conservatives lose, people can believe the loss was due to the election being rigged (when in fact the conservative message simply failed to get the most votes). That's a potential consequence of sloppy or slanted analyses.

The last thing the Republican party needs is to go into denial and claim that they have a winning message, if/when the party actually needs to change some to capture more of the middle in order to become competitive at the national level again.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You mean as opposed to other extremely left leaning polls that call the same democratic saturated areas on a week to week basis?

You have no idea how the LA poll is being conducted, do you?

Not that I blame you or anything because their polling method isn't all that widely used.

It isn't a simple, "who will you vote for", type of poll.

They ask how likely people are to vote for either candidate and how likely the people are to vote. They use these answers and weight the results to produce their projection. That by itself isn't the main thing that sets them apart. The main thing is that they ask the same people the same questions every week. So a candidate who was once leading by 8 or 10 points and is now tied has lost ground within this static pool of respondents. People are either responding that they support him less or they are responding that they are less likely to vote.

Either way, it's not good.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I still don't think she is going to win. I think the Dems and the media have been cooking the books on some of these polls all year and I also believe there's a strong contingent of people that just arnt admitting right now that they are going to vote for Trump.

The desperate, vicious attacks they have been going after Trump with wouldn't be worth their time unless internally, they know the Hag is in trouble.

Or that's just the sad state of politics in the U.S.

It's a mud slinging contest and nothing more.

As for the polls, the great thing about them is that their projections are documented. Always are. Shouldn't be too hard to find previous examples of the books being cooked by the majority of the well-respected polling groups.

Top Bottom