ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yes, Holt was definitely biased. I know that. But that doesn't excuse Trump from falling into the trap. He has to handle that better. When he gets all defensive like that it only makes him look petty.

On another note, it's so ridiculous how Hillary and the left now want to make high-income, successful people the devil... but then she turns right around and accuses him of not being as rich as he claims. In her world that would be a good thing, no?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
didn't watch the debate, but the way I understand it, Holt directed every single hostile question towards Trump. when is the GOP gonna wake up and stop playing these dog and pony shows every four years?

Trump is going to get royally blackballed in this next debate. Fortunately for him the 3rd debate is moderated by Chris Wallace, who isn't a lackey for the democratic party. Hopefully he will actually try to pin Hillary down on some of this stuff that she SHOULD be forced to address.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Watch the polls in the next 5 days.

He's going to jump ahead after last night.

My dad has never watched a debate, never voted. I called him last night to set up his estimates for today, much to my surprise he asked me "did you watch the debate?"

That blew me away.

His biggest take away from the debate was that Trump painted her as a failed politician. He kept repeating Trump's line, "what have you been doing for the last 30 years?".

I think there are a ton of people out there that were sucked in last night and found themselves shouting "Yeah, what have you and your buddies done all this time!?".

Policy is one thing, but how many policy wonks do you think are out there that tuned in for the first time last night?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
His taxes are a non issue.

How many people don't cheat on their taxes?

Honestly the ones they show are proven tax cheats don't matter to voters anyway. They have dozens and dozens of tax cheats in congress.

And the only thing close to Hillary in terms of the corruption is the IRS. I don't give two shits if the guy cheated or not. They rip us off left and right, they harass and humiliate innocent people all the time and have been proven to be the long arm of the democrap party's attempts at intimidating their opposition for almost 8 yrs now.

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The moderator wasn't on either side, in fact

horseshit. he asked a number of questions that could only reflect poorly on Trump (birtherism, tax returns) and constantly peppered him with follow-up questions. no questions to her about her email scandal, her employees taking the fifth, Benghazi, her support of BLM, pay-to-play at the Clinton Foundation, Saudi money, the "deplorables" fiasco, her plans to import way more Syrian refugees, her health, her vote for war in Iraq, her previous strong stance against gay marriage, her horny husband's war against women, etc. But yeah, Holt was totally fair and balanced. rolleyes.gif

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
no questions to her about her email scandal

He literally did ask her.

Confirmation bias my man. You are hearing what you want to hear.

Go Republicans and welcome to the Zone!!!!!!

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

Google

produce the portion of the debate transcript where he asked her about the private server, missing emails or subsequent FBI investigation

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

No he didn't, he was simply asking her to respond to Trump. And once she gave the lame "it was an accident" type of excuse he accepted that and moved on.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
No he didn't, he was simply asking her to respond to Trump. And once she gave the lame "it was an accident" type of excuse he accepted that and moved on.

so he left it to Trump to bring it up? unbelievable. so apparently Trump wondering about the authenticity of a birth certificate is more important than a woman who imperiled national security :facepalm

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
3:40 mark. Holt then asks no follow up questions of any kind.

[video=youtube;M0-Hd0DM5Mc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0-Hd0DM5Mc[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
so he left it to Trump to bring it up? unbelievable. so apparently Trump wondering about the authenticity of a birth certificate is more important than a woman who imperiled national security :facepalm

Correct. If Trump hadn't said "I'll release my tax returns when she releases emails" it would have never come up at all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

1) No questions on email/server issue
2) No questions on Benghazi
3) No questions on Clinton Foundation/Pay for Play
4) No questions on Clinton staffers having to take the 5th
5) No questions on why Clinton Foundation/campaign took millions and millions of dollars from countries with horrible records with treatment of women/gays

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Correct. If Trump hadn't said "I'll release my tax returns when she releases emails" it would have never come up at all.

omg, Holt is such a hack. "Ask her about the issue that's been dogging her for well over a year? Nah. Let Trump do it."

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
1) No questions on email/server issue
2) No questions on Benghazi
3) No questions on Clinton Foundation/Pay for Play
4) No questions on Clinton staffers having to take the 5th
5) No questions on why Clinton Foundation/campaign took millions and millions of dollars from countries with horrible records with treatment of women/gays

Mediaite.com:

But there was also five questions that were asked specifically of certain candidates. All but one were to Trump, and all of those were negative questions about varying Trump controversies....

In addition, at certain times in the debate, Holt interrupted to fact-check the candidates. Every single one of these fact-checks were directed toward Trump.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Every single one of these fact-checks were directed toward Trump.

And one of those that prompted a big argument from Holt was the Iraq war thing, which he "fact checked" only to be proven wrong today.

2003 clip backs up Trump on Iraq War opposition | Fox News

This is actually another one of these things that should have no relevance this election. Trump wasn't in politics then, Clinton WAS and she DID support the Iraq war, something Holt never bothered to point out either.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
This is actually another one of these things that should have no relevance this election. Trump wasn't in politics then, Clinton WAS and she DID support the Iraq war, something Holt never bothered to point out either.

Well, Trump talked out both sides of his mouth back then regarding Iraq, but which is worse: a private citizen supporting the war or a Senator with access to top secret intelligence reports supporting the war? At least Trump has a valid excuse for being wrong.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, Trump talked out both sides of his mouth back then regarding Iraq, but which is worse: a private citizen supporting the war or a Senator with access to top secret intelligence reports supporting the war? At least Trump has a valid excuse for being wrong.

Yeah he wasn't informed like the rest of congress and senate was. That said, Holt made it sound like Trump was beating the war drums like everyone else, which was FAR from the truth. At best Trump's initial response was wishy washy and other than that one time, he has repeatedly voiced disagreement on it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Trump's raised over 13 million in the last 24 hours.

Hosting huge rally in Florida. Apparently SRO.

EDIT: Now over 18 million

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
All I kept thinking watching the debate was "We live in the greatest country in the world and these are the 2 best candidates you can give us?"

Exactly, its discouraging as hell.

But who in the right mind would ever want to go through the meat grinder of running for office and then having that compounded if elected? The system seems to attract wackos while repelling anyone sane and intelligent enough to actually do a good job.

I fear for our future and not simply because of these two, there are issues much greater looming that I feel will only be addressed when things crash, fall apart and there is no choice but to face reality.

Top Bottom