dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't care if Mincey makes the Pro Bowl this year (not that I think he will), move on. If he's your starting DE, your defense is in the bottom half of the league.

He was the starting DE last yr, and we finished 19th in yds allowed and 15th in pts allowed. Also finished 2nd in take aways.

It actually wouldn't shock me if he didn't make the team anyway, but the guy is a high effort player who put up ok numbers last yr. He's nice depth at the least.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Apparently he missed a 500K incentive bonus by 11 snaps. Give him that or tell him to fuck off.

Reaction score
He was the starting DE last yr, and we finished 19th in yds allowed and 15th in pts allowed. Also finished 2nd in take aways.

It actually wouldn't shock me if he didn't make the team anyway, but the guy is a high effort player who put up ok numbers last yr. He's nice depth at the least.

Yeah but we played a shit ton of rookie/backup QBs. And our run game was abnormally dominant.

I like Mincey. He's a good player and if you search this forum, I've praised him regularly. Hell I'd say he's one of our defensive leaders.

But fuck this hold out. Starts camp off on the wrong foot. Sets the wrong mood. IMO. I think his request might have merit, but dislike greatly how he handled it.

Reaction score
He has been wanting a new contract since February. I think Stephen implied that he wanted a long term contract. If that’s the case, i wouldn’t do it. Just a stop gap player anyways. I’d give him a few more bucks for his base salary this year but that’s it. I don’t think he has much leverage, just going to lose money.

Reaction score
Mincey had a great contract for a player who probably would not have the starting role on the majority of teams in the NFL that he had in Dallas. 2 years with 2 million guaranteed was just about the the best he could have. The stat test showed that he led the team in sacks (confirmed) and team leading 39 pressured (unconfirmed because it's measured by the Dallas staff), however the D-line had very little size, speed or terror. Until Randy Gregory and Hardy, Jason has built the "Nice guys finish last" team where the players are gosh darn nice team captains and locker room players but on the field the players are just not the freaks that will make a difference. Crawford is a good athlete but he needs a freaky partner at NT to truly set him free. Still having 1 sack every 2.5 games is not really a starting defensive end strong stat for any team in the NFL. It's the one eyed man being King in the land of the blind. The eye test of Mincey was that he got wrapped up regularly and had no bull rush, no speed to the outside, and certainly wasn't a threat to disrupt the visual field of the QB.

Mincey would be much better to shut up and play this year, probably more inside and work himself into a new contract.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This boy needs to seriously get in the gym if he's going to carry the rock. He just has lazy bust written all over him.

DMac.jpg

Reaction score
Heard McFadden is PUP.

Edit:

David Moore ‏@DavidMooreDMN 20 minutes ago
Race to pick up carries in wake of DeMarco Murray departure is one of attrition. R Williams cut before camp & D McFadden opens on PUP list.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 42 seconds ago
First-team DL is DeMarcus Lawrence, Tyrone Crawford, Nick Hayden and Greg Hardy.

Can't we get rid of this fuckin guy?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Heard McFadden is PUP.

Edit:

David Moore ‏@DavidMooreDMN 20 minutes ago
Race to pick up carries in wake of DeMarco Murray departure is one of attrition. R Williams cut before camp & D McFadden opens on PUP list.

When does Chris Johnson get here?

Reaction score
McFadden has a hammy...

Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 43 minutes ago
Cowboys RB Darren McFadden to start training camp on PUP because of hamstring injury

Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 42 minutes ago
This is same hamstring injury that Darren McFadden dealt with late in offseason practices. Cowboys believe he won't be out long. They hope.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 42 seconds ago
First-team DL is DeMarcus Lawrence, Tyrone Crawford, Nick Hayden and Greg Hardy.

Can't we get rid of this fuckin guy?

He sucks. It's ridiculous that he's still here, let alone a "starter"

Reaction score
When does Chris Johnson get here?
I understand he hasn't been good the past couple of years, but to me, he's at least a healthier, faster McFadden.

If the optimism behind McFadden is he's fast and maybe can run behind a good OL, then that train of thought works for Johnson too IMO.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
wtf is wrong with McFadden? he's hurt before the first practice?

Reaction score
Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 2 minutes ago
This is new hamstring injury (opposite leg) for Darren McFadden. Stephen Jones not too concerned w/ injury but injury history another story

Statman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Remember my prediction..........a month ago I said this team's starter at RB is not yet on the team.

McFadden is just being McFadden. What did you expect?

Reaction score
Not sure how anyone looked at mcfaddens skinny ass legs and thought to take him in the first.

Top Bottom