Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Damn idiot.
Gets him out of the drudgery of training camp without having to feign some injury or other such shit. And as long as we enable it, it will continue. We should take the hit and just cut the fuck.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Gets him out of the drudgery of training camp without having to feign some injury or other such shit. And as long as we enable it, it will continue. We should take the hit and just cut the fuck.

He still has to attend TC. He just gets a 4-week vacation once the season starts.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He still has to attend TC. He just gets a 4-week vacation once the season starts.
There goes my theory that he might have a strategic brain.

He's just a fucking dumbass.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
At some point you have to cut your losses with these types of players. First, McClain is completely unreliable and right now I absolutely question his passion for the game. Secondly, what does it say to a player that might have a good camp only to get cut to make room for McClain? I understand he's talented but I also don't think a guy can walk into a game after sitting out 4 weeks and be effective.

Reaction score
We knew there was a possibility of him being suspended before he re-signed, so I would have to say we knew about the second failed test.

That's how I remember it too.

They weren't in any kind of rush to re-sign McClain. I'm sort of surprised they did.

Garrett described McClain as an RKG last year, back when McClain was signed the first time. To me, he seems more like a gifted athlete who doesn't have his heart in it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
At some point you have to cut your losses with these types of players. First, McClain is completely unreliable and right now I absolutely question his passion for the game. Secondly, what does it say to a player that might have a good camp only to get cut to make room for McClain? I understand he's talented but I also don't think a guy can walk into a game after sitting out 4 weeks and be effective.
You make a damned good point here. Additionally, what does it say to the other guys we're taking chances on? That they can shit on it and still have a spot.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Yep. They need to stop pussy-footing around with Hitchens and just give him the MLB role. He earned it last year.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep. They need to stop pussy-footing around with Hitchens and just give him the MLB role. He earned it last year.

Just my opinion but I think the team knows exactly what they have in Hitchens which is a versatile back-up player who won't wow you. He's not a difference maker and probably the guy you're always trying to replace. Reminds me somewhat of Bradie James. He was one questionable and reversed non-call away from being a goat last year.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Assuming he can beat out Lee?

I don't think it's a coincidence we brought in a ton of LB'ers and Hitchens came to mind when we were bringing them in. If everything goes right (which it hasn't with McClain) Hitchens doesn't see as much playing time as last year. Reminds me of a swing tackle; he's a great luxury to have and a cheap insurance policy but you never want to see him on the field.

Top Bottom