cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We are certainly not acting like a team that is good with their current RB situation.

Reaction score
I'd do it. This fragile RB situation is one of the few things that could keep us from a great chance at winning it all.

Said it before, but if the running game struggles, we start passing more. Then maybe a couple breaks don't go our way (which we're probably due for after last year) and people start questioning things and doubting -- and that's when a promising season can start to crumble.

With AD we're just like last year, only better.

Except that as I've said from the start, I think Minny intends to keep him and play him.
Agreed.

AD would be a great solution and worth a high price. I'd be in favor.

If that trade doesn't happen (and it likely won't), there are other RBs out there. Trade for one of them. The Cowboys have some extra picks next year and could afford to part with someone like Leary.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm so back and forth on whether or not I want the Cowboys to make that trade.

One moment I think, fuck it Peterson pretty much puts us in the NFC title game. And the next moment I think, we could probably get it done with the backs we have (I'm buying into McFadden a bit) and I really don't want to give up a first round pick.

If I didn't have a firm belief that our 1st would be pretty late (I would think mid to late 20's at the earliest) I probably wouldn't be for it, but that late of a first isn't much of a risk IMO.

The one negative I see in trading next years first is it almost assuredly means they wont be finding a legit QB of the future early. Even if the pick is late 1st, there might be a QB or two who slip or elevate themselves that would have a shot at there, and obviously f we trade the pick we wouldn't.

If we got Peterson and he is healthy and in great shape (reportedly he is in amazing physical condition, even by his previous standards) then with what we have in place and the other improvements we've made, we'd have to be one of the top 2 or 3 favorites to win it all. In a best case scenario, maybe we get two really productive years from him and Romo and we would be in good shape to maybe go back to back.

Reaction score
Daniel Thomas former Miami RB also worked out

Thomas sucks.

I have heard interest in trading for Nile Davis. I like him, plus he is a good kickoff returner.

My problem is if you get AP or some other running back, when why did you get McFadden? Seems like a waste and the backfield would be over crowed.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
McFadden isn't on Peterson's level. Not even close. One is a huge bust who can't stay healthy and gets outproduced by no-names, and the other is an all-time great.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
We are certainly not acting like a team that is good with their current RB situation.

Here's the rundown of our current RB situation:

1. Veteran signed on the cheap
2. 5th round pick
3. UDFA
4. Reclamation project

Yeah, I'd say they aren't settled there yet.

While there are bits and pieces from the group that can give you hope; the sum just doesn't equal into one credible part.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
[video=youtube;rUPfW_x6HqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUPfW_x6HqU[/video]

We love the RBs who rush upright. 1st it was Murray and now we brought in McFadden to pair with the equally upright Joseph Randle.

Reaction score
Don't forget about Synjyn Days. He ran all over Miss St in the Orange Bowl last season. Another upright guy.

[video=youtube;phe8AJRrN9k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phe8AJRrN9k[/video]

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Don't forget about Synjyn Days. He ran all over Miss St in the Orange Bowl last season. Another upright guy.

[video=youtube;phe8AJRrN9k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phe8AJRrN9k[/video]

Why do they ruin these highlight clips with awful rap music. I like rap, but damn it gets old when it is on every video. At least play some Eminem. I has holes for Days being a tough ,physical RB, but I didn't see that much of it in the video. At this point , sign Barry Sanders. At least it would give me some hope at the RB position.

Reaction score

Yep. Joseph Randle is a capable backup, but I seriously doubt he's anything more. And it would take a miracle for Darren McFadden to contribute anything meaningful.

Ryan Williams is the most intriguing, but he looks like an injury waiting to happen the way he runs. I expect more from Tyler Clutts than I do Lance Dunbar.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I can't put too much into those Williams runs because it was preseason, but we all know he has some talent if he can stay healthy. Not a very good sign his knee swelled up on the first or second day of OTAs, though.

A few of those Randle runs were really good, especially against Seattle and the TD vs Chicago. But can he do it with a bigger workload.

Top Bottom