Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ok, whatever

You know exactly what my point was.

You had no point. Shula was a SB winning coach before Marino and Coryell was/is an innovator. Garrett is neither so what's the point in comparing the 3?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You had no point. Shula was a SB winning coach before Marino and Coryell was/is an innovator. Garrett is neither so what's the point in comparing the 3?

Then it like I overestimated your intelligence.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dan Henning,aka the first incarnation of Norv Turner.

Henning never coached Fouts. Tommy Prothro....yeah, I had to look that up. But I know you get my original point even though someone else may not.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Prothro and Fouts had Bill Walsh as OC for one season by the way.

That said, Prothro doesn't have anything to do with what my point was.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That said, Prothro doesn't have anything to do with what my point was.

Exactly. No one knows the man and Fouts flourished under Coryell. My point was that Coryell was an innovator and the father of the modern passing attack. Martz, Walsh, Madden, Norv, Zampese and others credit Coryell. How you compare Coryell to Garrett (let alone Shula) is obscene and vile.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How you compare Coryell to Garrett (let alone Shula) is obscene and vile.

How anyone can be this dumb and still not understand what I was talking about is what's obscene and vile.

Maybe I should draw you a picture, ******.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How anyone can be this dumb and still not understand what I was talking about is what's obscene and vile.

Maybe I should draw you a picture, ******.

Then freaking explain yourself. You brought up Fouts and Shula relative to the guys that coached them in a conversation we were having about Garrett and Romo. Folks shouldn't need a decoder ring to decipher your stupid shit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Then freaking explain yourself. You brought up Fouts and Shula relative to the guys that coached them in a conversation we were having about Garrett and Romo. Folks shouldn't need a decoder ring to decipher your stupid shit.

When I get home and get the time, I'll do this just for you Forest

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Jerry is still alive and he is capable of screwing everything up in a matter of minutes. That is all I have to say about that.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You motherfuckers need some Wellbutrin . It's worked wonders for me.

Reaction score
To the Wiiliams apologists here at DCU, how is Streets replacing Williams even an option much less even a consideration? Where is the Williams weakness that Streets is the upgrade?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2015/05/24/scout’s-eye-breaking-down-dallas-offense-ahead-otas

WR: Devin Street is going into his second season and the coaching staff hopes that there will be a significant jump that would allow him to compete for more of a role in the offense. I don’t see Street taking snaps from Cole Beasley and his role, but could he push Terrance Williams to the point where Williams is no longer the guy looked as the opposite of Dez Bryant? Hopefully for Street, he can use these practices to set himself up in Oxnard to really give Williams a battle. Depending on whom you talk to in the organization, there is a thought that Street is talented enough to take that job

Reaction score
He could take the reps that Harris had. I think the Cowboys would like to see improvement from Street, kid didn’t do much last season when given the opportunity.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
To the Wiiliams apologists here at DCU, how is Streets replacing Williams even an option much less even a consideration? Where is the Williams weakness that Streets is the upgrade?

404 Page Not Found | Dallas Cowboys

This is why I started that thread a while ago asking what people were seeing in Street. I know you don't like Williams, but Street is not any bigger, and he's slower. He was a 5th round pick while TW was a 3rd round pick for a reason. And it's not like Street put on some impressive show last year.

So I have no idea where this Streets breakout talk is coming from. I think people just think that every player we draft now is going to be better than the one who came before, or something.

Reaction score
Derek Dooley supposedly is very high on Street.

Dooley seems like a tool though. Almost Campo-ish.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
He could take the reps that Harris had. I think the Cowboys would like to see improvement from Street, kid didn’t do much last season when given the opportunity.

Harris was never given the chance to do much on the offense, but he would do good with his limited chances. Let's be honest, Romo looks to Witten first and now he looks to Dez afterwards. No WR is going to get much of a chance to show his ability. I think this has been one of Romo's biggest faults over his career. He has a couple players that he feels comfortable throwing to and the others are kinda SOL. It is hard for a young WR to develop under these conditions IMO.

Top Bottom