cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cowboys are in no-man's land at 27, move down with the Patriots who want a WR.

Cowboys send 1st round pick(27th) and 5th round pick(163) for Patriots' 1st round pick(32nd), 4th round pick (101st), and 6th round pick(178th).

1-32-Owamagbe Odigihizuwa DE 6-3/267 UCLA
Combine-1-Owamagbe-Odighizuwa1.jpg

Cowboys aren't done dealing. They jump up in the 2nd round by sending their 2nd(60th) and 3rd(91st) to San Diego for their 2nd(48th) and 6th (192nd).

2-48-Quinten Rollins CB 5-11/195 Miami(Ohio)
fullsizerenderjpeg-3e5f3c1c767cfca9.jpeg

The Cowboys pull off a trade for a running back......

Cowboy send the 4th round pick they acquired from New England to Tampa Bay for Doug Martin.
fan_a_dougmts_600x600.jpg

4-127-Tyeler Davison DT 6-2/316 Fresno State
1eg5Ls.AuSt.8.jpg

6a-178-Laurence Gibson T 6-6/305Virginia Tech
54c3b25bcb645.image.jpg

6b-192-Chris Hackett FS 6-0/195 TCU
Chris+Hackett+SE+Louisiana+v+TCU+AU14w50m58Fl.jpg

7a-236-Jeff Luc MLB 6-0/251 Cincinnati
10-ILB-Jeff-Luc1.jpg

7b-243- George Farmer WR 6-1 213 USC
corey-cooper-george-farmer-daniel-davie-ncaa-football-holiday-bowl-nebraska-vs-southern-california.jpg

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Trades:

Love the trade down in the first. Wouldn't mind going out of the first completely, actually.

Don't mind the trade up for a player we really like. I'll never argue with being aggressive.

I really don't like the idea of trading a 4th for a RB. Rather would take one in this draft.

Players:

Odigihizuwa- like the player but those hip surgeries are a major concern for me when you're considering first round pick. Acquiring him in a trade down scenario makes me feel better than taking him straight up at 27.. Not sure if he'll ever be an elite pass rusher like some of his combine numbers suggest or he was just underutilized at UCLA. If not and he's just solid against the run I think I'd rather wait for the DE or take Preston Smith, who reminds me of Justin Tuck the way he was utilized at Miss ST.

Rollins- experience may be a concern but I like his potential. I think he would fit in well in our D. There's probably gonna be a run on corners at the end of the first/ early second so I have a feeling if we don't get one with our first pick we might have to trade up if we do want one. Wish we could get out of trading that 3rd tho.

Martin- he hasn't been the same after that rookie year of 300 carries. Not saying he can't turn it around as TB improves the team around him but I don't like trading for him. Would rather spend that pick on a younger RB with less mileage. Gonna be some good ones left in the 4th.

Davison- I like what I read in the scouting reports of him. Definitely have a need at NT and I'd be excited to see what Marinelli could get out of him.

I like the position picks the rest of the way too.

Top Bottom