Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
NFL network re-played this game in its entirety yesterday. I DVR'd it.

Just got done watching it and three things really stood out.

1.) This offense when it's in full-on air raid mode is dangerous. We hung a fortyburger on a Denver defense that was no slouch at all. Had Tony seen Murray standing there wide open on the fatal final throw instead of throwing it into triple coverage, we likely remember this game as a great win.

2.) The game itself was a microcosm of the entire Dallas 2013 season - one less fumble here, one more first down there, one or two fewer bonehead plays by that imbecile Claiborne, and we win this game handily. Claiborne's got to be the biggest liability in coverage, ever. He can't cover a bed with a fucking blanket. And Denver clearly knew this going in - they kept throwing it to guys Claiborne was "covering" and racking up the yards and the touchdowns. He was the gift that kept on giving.

3.) Damn but that Sean Lee is a helluva Mike linebacker when he's healthy. I have been saying move him to Will or Sam, but after closely watching his performance in this game I don't see how you justify that. He is scary good, when he's out there. Maybe the injury bug will lay off him this next season. Let's keep him at Mike one more season and find out.

Watching this game I was also struck by how really really much we can do without Dwayne Harris. Especially for anything approaching the money he got from the Giants. The guy is crap.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom