NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
They still haven't signed him, btw.

Yea I wonder what the holdup here is.. Hopefully we can get a long term deal done. Don't wanna risk losing him with the low tender and really rather not see the Cowboys use the second round tender on him.

Reaction score
Yea I wonder what the holdup here is.. Hopefully we can get a long term deal done. Don't wanna risk losing him with the low tender and really rather not see the Cowboys use the second round tender on him.

He went home.

Reaction score
Good to see him locked up for a few more years.

He need to expand on the route tree. Id also like to see what he can do against better corners. He was usually going against the other teams worst corners.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
4 yrs, just under 14 million, with 7 mil guaranted.

You have the details of that by any chance? Curious as to what he's on the books for this year and if that figure is higher than the 2nd round tender.

Reaction score
You have the details of that by any chance? Curious as to what he's on the books for this year and if that figure is higher than the 2nd round tender.
All I'm finding right now is it's 4 yrs for 13.6 mil total, $4 mil signing bonus, with $7 mil g-money. Average annual salary is $3.4 million. Spotrac doesn't have the yearly breakdowns yet, but if you spread out the signing bonus over the 4 years and use the 3.4 average annual salary, then his cap number will be $4.7 million.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
All I'm finding right now is it's 4 yrs for 13.6 mil total, $4 mil signing bonus, with $7 mil g-money. Average annual salary is $3.4 million. Spotrac doesn't have the yearly breakdowns yet, but if you spread out the signing bonus over the 4 years and use the 3.4 average annual salary, then his cap number will be $4.7 million.

Fuck. I wanted Beasley back but not at that price... We should've tendered him w/ the second rounder. I think that carried like a $2.4 mil hit. That second round tender would scare teams away.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Fuck. I wanted Beasley back but not at that price... We should've tendered him w/ the second rounder. I think that carried like a $2.4 mil hit. That second round tender would scare teams away.
I think I agree. I like the Beas, but that's a bit steep... Not enough to be a killer, but still.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Need to see all the details, but his cap charge isn't necessarily what you show there. If his salaries are veteran minimum and then escalate each year his cap charges the first two years could be 2 million or less.

Reaction score
That's why I said we don't have the yearly breakdowns dbair. I specifically said "if you use the average annual salary," which is all we have to go on right now. If it's a lower base this year, which is likely, then obviously the cap hit changes.

Reaction score

Agreed.

At this price we need to almost make him the #2 option in our offense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed.

At this price we need to almost make him the #2 option in our offense.

So you think spending about 2% of the cap on a really good 3rd WR is a bad thing? The 3rd WR has a pretty substantial role.

Reaction score
With our holes on defense, and the amount of dead money we have... Yeah probably.

I don't know how many receptions Bease had last year but if it was under thirty and we don't have plans to significantly increase his role, then we overpaid.

A #3 receiver on a team that has a HOF (potential) #1, a hall of fame TE, and who runs as much as we do isn't as valuable as he would be on another offense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With our holes on defense, and the amount of dead money we have... Yeah probably.

I don't know how many receptions Bease had last year but if it was under thirty and we don't have plans to significantly increase his role, then we overpaid.

A #3 receiver on a team that has a HOF (potential) #1, a hall of fame TE, and who runs as much as we do isn't as valuable as he would be on another offense.

He had 37 total not counting the playoffs. 26 of them were for first downs

In the last 8 games (counting the two playoff games) he caught 28 passes and a total of 4 tds. he had the 2nd most targets of any of our players in the two postseason games.

He really became a big matchup advantage for us as the season wore on and Romo seems to really like him. He has a pretty important role and for almost all teams, a 3rd WR is essentially another "starter" because of the number of snaps they get (like a 3rd CB). 2% or so of the annual cap is pretty small beans for a player with a pretty important role.

Reaction score
He had 37 total not counting the playoffs. 26 of them were for first downs

In the last 8 games (counting the two playoff games) he caught 28 passes and a total of 4 tds. he had the 2nd most targets of any of our players in the two postseason games.

He really became a big matchup advantage for us as the season wore on and Romo seems to really like him. He has a pretty important role and for almost all teams, a 3rd WR is essentially another "starter" because of the number of snaps they get (like a 3rd CB). 2% or so of the annual cap is pretty small beans for a player with a pretty important role.

Had no idea he was that involved.

I retract my previous comments.

Top Bottom