Reaction score
Love that he'll be here because I really feel like he can be a dangerous weapon for us.

Wonder what the numbers are though.

Reaction score
Love that he'll be here because I really feel like he can be a dangerous weapon for us.

Any unique athlete will give an advantage provided the coach exploits the unique characteristics of a player like Beasley and doesn't just have him run "the same routes everyone else runs". Beasley is so explosive in the first 5 yards, he should basically be moved around and used in crossing and short area patterns. He will confuse a linebacker and force safeties to track him almost like following a running back. Both effects on the defense will open up other plays provided the red headed doofus puts some time into actual strategy and design.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Any unique athlete will give an advantage provided the coach exploits the unique characteristics of a player like Beasley and doesn't just have him run "the same routes everyone else runs". Beasley is so explosive in the first 5 yards, he should basically be moved around and used in crossing and short area patterns. He will confuse a linebacker and force safeties to track him almost like following a running back. Both effects on the defense will open up other plays provided the red headed doofus puts some time into actual strategy and design.
Yep Beasley is like a gnat, mostly just a irritant to a defense but you don't dare just ignore him or he will burn you.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He'll burn you like a fire-breathing gnat that feels slighted because you're ignoring him.

Obviously you've never pissed off a gnat.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The bigger question is; for what purpose? We hardly utilize him. Does his role now expand?

He was pretty involved the last half of the season and the playoffs and was a catalyst on 3rd down. I don't know how involved you think the guy who plays the 3rd WR role on a team that also has a HOF TE and runs the ball more than any team in football.

Reaction score
The two lost fumbles were low points for him this past season, but he finished strong. I'm glad he'll be with the Cowboys for a while longer.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its been determined Cole Beasley is the source for the Dez video and incident info. He figured by getting this out it would drive up the Cowboys desperation to get a long term deal done with the Beas

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
He was pretty involved the last half of the season and the playoffs and was a catalyst on 3rd down. I don't know how involved you think the guy who plays the 3rd WR role on a team that also has a HOF TE and runs the ball more than any team in football.

Shut the fuck up!

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I hope so. Hate to do the cliche comparison but he could be our Amendola. Get us 50+ receptions. All short routes in space.

I hope he's more that other short, white WR the Pats have.

He could take a cue from him and get his hair cut too.

Top Bottom