dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sooooo...wonder why it is the FCC doesn't want to release any details of their proposed regulations and the FCC chief refused to testify for congress.

Apparently a 332 page document with all their regulations and new rules and no one is being allowed to see it.

This is what happens when stupid fucking people elect a Communist

Reaction score
A Public Safety & Homeland Security Bureau operates within the FCC. Maybe that bureau has something to do with the proposed regulations.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sooooo...wonder why it is the FCC doesn't want to release any details of their proposed regulations and the FCC chief refused to testify for congress.

Apparently a 332 page document with all their regulations and new rules and no one is being allowed to see it.

This is what happens when stupid fucking people elect a Communist

David. The President doesn't run the FCC.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Look, be pissed that you can't see the rules. That's fair. I'm curious myself.

But at least direct you call out towards those responsible. The president can make recommendations and whatever else to the FCC, but he doesn't control them in any fashion.

As I said, the issue is worth criticism. I wanna know what's in it even though I'm jacked that net neutrality has won the fight with reclassification.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Look, be pissed that you can't see the rules. That's fair. I'm curious myself.

But at least direct you call out towards those responsible. The president can make recommendations and whatever else to the FCC, but he doesn't control them in any fashion.

As I said, the issue is worth criticism. I wanna know what's in it even though I'm jacked that net neutrality has won the fight with reclassification.

dude, you are naïve as hell if you think the FCC isn't political...

The FCC is directed by five commissioners appointed by the president of the United States and confirmed by the U.S. Senate for five-year terms, except when filling an unexpired term. The president designates one of the commissioners to serve as chairman. Only three commissioners may be members of the same political party, and none can have a financial interest in any commission-related business.

Obama and his left leaning FCC commissioners are also behind this endless push for the "Fairness Doctrine", which is designed for basically one purpose alone- to mostly slice conservative talk radio which is uber successful on the airwaves when compared to left leaning or very liberal talk radio shows/stations...

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Appointed =/= subservient.

Doubtful the opposite party members on the FCC follow the directive of their political opponent.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
what does net nautrality have to do with the fairness doctrine?

1st, do you think this Internet ruling ONLY had to do with "net neutrality"?? If so, why were they so insistent on letting NO ONE read the 300+ document full of all the new regulatory garb and language and the FCC head refused to show for congressional hearing?

This is essentially a government takeover of the internet, which equates to "control"..."control" is what the Fairness Doctrine is about. Both these things are overseen by the FCC, which is political.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Appointed =/= subservient.

Doubtful the opposite party members on the FCC follow the directive of their political opponent.

You do understand he appointed 3 of 5 as democrats right?

Obama appointees= puppets

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You do understand he appointed 3 of 5 as democrats right?

Obama appointees= puppets

So you do or don't agree with the net neutrality ruling. Let's just cut to the chase here.

Fwiw, I think he appointed all of them as they are limited to 5 year terms. Could be wrong, but I guess that makes the republicans on board puppets too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He did appoint them all, but he appointed more democrats right? Do you think that's some coincidence or something?

I don't know if I like this net neutrality thing or not. There's 300+ pages of regulations in there we cant see and that they don't want to discuss publicly at all. Just like everything else he (Obama) does, I am quite sure there's shit in there that has nothing to do with the core net neutrality regs.

Almost everyone seems to think its going to lead to higher rates/taxes and ultimately more federal government invasion into your personal life.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Of course it's not a coincidence. So what?

And no, not almost everyone thinks those things.

The FCC has been writing and enforcing various forms of net neutrality for a decade. That's why the courts were ever involved in the first place. ISPs claimed the FCC didn't have the authority to prevent them from throttling bandwidth or charging for prioritization.

Reaction score
Am I crazy, or is the cry for "net neutrality" so internet users can access all websites without having to pay for bandwidth, etc.? Fairness doctrine is to stifle communication, net neutrality sounds like it's trying to encourage communication.

They sound like diametrically opposed viewpoints. Or maybe I'm reading the net neutrality mantra the wrong way. I'm asking a serious question dbair... not trying to be snide.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Am I crazy, or is the cry for "net neutrality" so internet users can access all websites without having to pay for bandwidth, etc.? Fairness doctrine is to stifle communication, net neutrality sounds like it's trying to encourage communication.

They sound like diametrically opposed viewpoints. Or maybe I'm reading the net neutrality mantra the wrong way. I'm asking a serious question dbair... not trying to be snide.

They would seem on the outside to not have anything to do with each other, but again when the Obama people go to great lengths to prevent the public (or even their own lawmakers) from seeing what they've put in it, thats reason enough to be a skeptic. There's a lot of people on both sides that feel this "net neutrality" will end up being a lot of other stuff that leads to severe government regulation of what ends up being available (content) on the internet etc etc.

But even it were just about "net neutrality" almost nothing the government gets involved in works the way they intend.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Turns out only 8 pages are rules, the rest are responses to some of the comments they received.

Apparently the rules would have been released already but a couple of FCC voting members are holding up the process of submitting final edits.

Any guess which party they belong to?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Turns out only 8 pages are rules, the rest are responses to some of the comments they received.

Apparently the rules would have been released already but a couple of FCC voting members are holding up the process of submitting final edits.

Any guess which party they belong to?

any guess what party the FCC chief is that refused to testify on this?

Top Bottom