Reaction score
Wager on the game. Talk about the game. Whatever.

This time next week is Super Bowl Sunday. Hard to believe another season is coming to a close. Kinda went by quick.

Line opened as a Pick'em.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fuck Brady and Belicheater

Hope they get blown out as bad as the Donkos did last yr

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Watch NE cough up four fumbles lost, with properly inflated footballs they're not used to handling.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I have a man crush on Tom. Wow! The adult in me says why does his team cheat?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think I'm looking forward to this game more than any in a while. Both teams seem very evenly matched and I don't hate either team so I don't care that much who wins.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
:lol

What happened and why the hell are you watching?

He let the time run out in the 1st quarter when they were trying to kick a field goal. They treated each quarter like the end of the half.

I was watching because I thought it might be cool with all of the Cowboys there. I didn't make it to the 2nd quarter because it was unwatchable garbage.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
You mean whatever team had the ball at the end of the quarter lost possession and they had a kickoff? watdafuck

Here ya go Pep.
You can also add that the uprights were 14 ft. apart instead of the regulation 18 ft(Vinateri missed several kicks)and the extra pt. came from the same distance as in in preseason.

There's been plenty of rule tweaks for this year's game. First off: there will be no kickoff, for whatever reason. It might be that the league doesn't want players to get injured in an exhibition game, but whatever the case, the coin toss will determine who gets the ball first, and said ball will be placed at the 25-yard line.
That will occur after scores, but also at the start of each quarter. The league is adding a two-minute warning to the first and third quarters, and the ball will change possession at that point. The thinking here is that two-minute drills are more exciting for fans. Also along that same vein, cover two and press coverage will be allowed in the game.
Outside of that, the rest has to do with the game clock. The clock will stop if the offense does not gain at least one yard in the final two minutes of each quarter, preventing stalling to let the clock run out. The clock will start after an incomplete pass after the signal of a referee outside of the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half. There will also be a 35-second/25-second play clock as opposed to the typical 40-second/25-second play clock.

Reaction score
Yeah I heard about the narrowing of the goalposts. Don't really have an objection to that.

But the rest of that stuff sounds lame as fuck.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But the rest of that stuff sounds lame as fuck.
The entire production from the goofy rules changes to the nasty uniforms to the patty cake play to choosing up sides like you're playing a pickup game in the park is lame as fuck.

Reaction score
I don't hate or like either of the two Super Bowl teams, so I'm very apathetic about the game and outcome.

I'm just struck by how this has been a really crappy season for the NFL.

The NFL profoundly mismanaged the Ray Rice case. Then there was the Adrian Peterson mess. NFL officiating/rules/sanctions dominated the headlines to close the regular season (Suh's on-off suspension) and throughout the postseason (picked up flag in Dallas v. Detroit, the Dez call in Green Bay, and the Patriots' deflate-gate leading up to the Super Bowl).

The football season should be about football, not the scandal soap opera du jour.

I enjoyed watching the Cowboys again for the first time in a long time this season, but in general, the NFL has had a really crappy year. Short of the strike years, this season is among the worst.

Reaction score
But ZC, you know ratings only continue to climb, so do you think the NFL really cares?

I'm sure the owners are happy that the money keeps rolling in, but they are concerned with keeping the sponsors happy (see AP). And I'd guess Goodell wants to appear competent.

But sure, they don't give a crap about what any of us think.

Reaction score
I think the NFL loves the controversy. No such thing as bad press. It may not be good for Ray Rice, Goodell, Adrian Peterson, Suh, Brady, Belicheck... the individuals who have to deal with the press. But in general it's keeping the league in the news.

Top Bottom