Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
is it true about blacker the berry, sweeter the juice, Chris?

Reaction score
Took the kids to watch Sing today.

They show the best parts during the previews. It was kind of long and boring, honestly.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Passengers was pretty good, anyone else see it?

I felt like the story could have gone in a different direction and been much more exciting/interesting with room to grow into a franchise. The way they went with it makes it a one and done imo

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Have you see it, pep? I've read many people liked it better than the last one, which I wasn't that impressed with.

Reaction score
Hidden Figures = trash

Basically two consecutive hours of a black woman walking into a room, getting disapproving glares from white people. Literally that's all this movie is.

Reaction score
Have you see it, pep? I've read many people liked it better than the last one, which I wasn't that impressed with.
I thought it was great. I liked the first one, but thought this one was better. Wasn't as formulaic of a plot as Force Awakens. Much darker, so it seemed more modern.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

I'm getting sick of the direction they have taken the last 2 Star Wars films. We get it. Women our empowered. The protagonist doesn't have to be a woman in each one!

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Hidden Figures = trash

Basically two consecutive hours of a black woman walking into a room, getting disapproving glares from white people. Literally that's all this movie is.

It's part of the annual, 'let's improve black people's self esteem' fair.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;u61F_qvdid0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u61F_qvdid0[/video]

seems legit

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If any of you guys haven't seen Hacksaw Ridge, go to your nearest Redbox, stream it, order it, etc. Easily a 10 out of 10. One of the best movies I've ever seen.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It was ok. The 1st battle scene was the highlight for me. Other than that, just a bunch of war movie clichés. Save the guy who torments you.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Wanna see a great war movie? Watch Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War. It's South Korean with English subtitles. It's in the vein of Saving Private Ryan. Uses a lot of the same battle scene camera techniques.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was ok. The 1st battle scene was the highlight for me. Other than that, just a bunch of war movie clichés. Save the guy who torments you.

The war scenes were good but they were only half the story. I'd imagine much of that tormenting occurred, especially back then. And his actions were not in dispute and earned him the Medal of Honor. It's a great story and they did a good job adapting that story to the big screen. And the actors were outstanding. I thought it was really well done.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wanna see a great war movie? Watch Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War. It's South Korean with English subtitles. It's in the vein of Saving Private Ryan. Uses a lot of the same battle scene camera techniques.

Is it available on Netflix or Redbox? Never heard of it but I'll watch it when I get a chance.

Top Bottom