Reaction score
I actually expect the Giants to be pretty tough. Spags is a very talented DC, and adding Victor Cruz back to that passing attack is scary.

They need to shore up the run game and OL though.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Same. Also the Giants are usually bad one year and then kickass the following.

But if they lose JPP... that'll be huge

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm expecting better from the Giants as well, with them being the only difference. Philly will remain who they are, which is a threat to take the division and Washington to continue to provide comic relief.

The only question mark I have is Dallas...

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Giants. Eli could roll off his death bed and throw three TDs against us. Having to deal with Beckham for the next 8-10 years will be a huge challenge. Philly will be right there provided Foles stays on the field.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think there's a good chance they're all better. Well, especially the Skins and Giants. Maybe the Eagles don't have as much room to improve because I think Kelly has had them playing pretty close to their potential the last two years anyway.

Who knows about the division. In a league with this much parity, I think psychology plays a big part. I don't really like that we're now the hunted -- no more "Us against the world", "Nobody believes in us", etc. for us this year. Everyone's going to be calling us not just division favorites but conference favorites all offseason long.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Giants could be improved. Not sure about Philly. I dont think Washington will be any better though.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Who knows about the division. In a league with this much parity, I think psychology plays a big part. I don't really like that we're now the hunted -- no more "Us against the world", "Nobody believes in us", etc. for us this year. Everyone's going to be calling us not just division favorites but conference favorites all offseason long.
FINISH THE FIGHT!!!

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Expect the Giants and the skins to load up on Oline like we did. So we need to build a better Dline or we'll be left in the dust.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I actually expect the Giants to be pretty tough. Spags is a very talented DC, and adding Victor Cruz back to that passing attack is scary.

They need to shore up the run game and OL though.

As of right now it looks like the Giants.. Getting rid of Fewell and upgrading to Spags will make all the difference they need. Add in the way they finished the year on offense (although against some pretty bum teams) leaves Giants fans something to be excited about going into next season.

Eagles will be much of the same. Redskins oline should be somewhat improved but I have a feeling as long as RG3 is there with Gruden there will always be a problem. Hard to imagine that situation getting any better with how ugly it got this past season.

Reaction score
I think it will be us and Giants battling to the end with Philly 2 or 3 games behind because of QB issues.

The DC basement dwellers will occupy their all too familiar place.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Expect the Giants and the skins to load up on Oline like we did. So we need to build a better Dline or we'll be left in the dust.

It'll take more than one year to get the OL we have, and they (Redskins) still have QB issues.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As of right now it looks like the Giants.. Getting rid of Fewell and upgrading to Spags will make all the difference they need. Add in the way they finished the year on offense (although against some pretty bum teams) leaves Giants fans something to be excited about going into next season.

Eagles will be much of the same. Redskins oline should be somewhat improved but I have a feeling as long as RG3 is there with Gruden there will always be a problem. Hard to imagine that situation getting any better with how ugly it got this past season.

How exactly is Spags and upgrade over Fewell? Last time Spags was a DC was for the Saints in 2012. The Saints finished DEAD LAST in defense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
As of right now it looks like the Giants.. Getting rid of Fewell and upgrading to Spags will make all the difference they need..

Serious question, has a Spagnoulo coached defense fielded a decent unit since 2007?

A couple seasons ago one of his defenses set an NFL record for futility IIRC

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Serious question, has a Spagnoulo coached defense fielded a decent unit since 2007?

A couple seasons ago one of his defenses set an NFL record for futility IIRC

The one year when he was HC for the Rams, they had a top 5 defense, but after that... nothing. He was a DC for one year and then went on to be an HC on down to a position coach.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
The season Spags was with the Saints was the bountygate season. I'd be a little hesitant on counting on that showing to be the same with the Giants this coming year.

And you guys pay attention to the rest of the NFL.. You know the state of the Rams the past 10 years. Specifically when he was there. That team has been a hot mess. Fisher is just now showing some signs of getting them out of it.

I get that his ability to be a quality HC is questioned. But as a DC and what he accomplished with the Giants back in 07, and in that SB against arguably the best offense in the league ever, can't be dismissed.

As for Fewell... That guy is a horrible DC. He had enough talent to field a decent unit but fielded nothing but underperforming units year after year.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The season Spags was with the Saints was the bountygate season. I'd be a little hesitant on counting on that showing to be the same with the Giants this coming year.

Post bounty gate. Bounty gate occurred under Gregg Williams. I fail to see the relevence. How many players were suspended on that defense as a result? 1 maybe 2? I know Vilma was one and it was a partial suspension I suspect.

I get that his ability to be a quality HC is questioned. But as a DC and what he accomplished with the Giants back in 07, and in that SB against arguably the best offense in the league ever, can't be dismissed.

As for Fewell... That guy is a horrible DC. He had enough talent to field a decent unit but fielded nothing but underperforming units year after year.

Uh didn't Fewell accomplish that same feat against those very same Belicek-led and Brady QB Patriots? So then what makes Fewell so terrible, but Spags so good? The Giants won Super Bowls with both of them as DC.

From all accounts it looks as if Spags was a one-hit wonder.

Top Bottom