Reaction score
Todd Gurley will make himself available for the NFL Draft

Georgia running back Todd Gurley won’t be drafted quite as high now as he would have two months ago.

But after seeing his season ended with a knee injury, he’s not taking a chance on further devaluing of his draft stock.

According to Seth Emerson of the Macon Telegraph, Bulldogs coach Mark Richt confirmed the anticipated news Friday, saying: “He’ll be moving on.”

Had Gurley declared his intentions when he was suspended for making money off his signature, he’d have likely been a first-rounder. But the torn ACL he suffered in November will cause his stock to plummet.

With memories of Marcus Lattimore’s failed attempt to make it in the NFL fresh in the minds of the league, it’s hard to know how high a pick someone will be willing to gamble. The 49ers rolled the dice with a spare fourth-rounder on the former South Carolina back, who never regained his pre-injury form.

Gurley’s not going to risk such a repeat injury, however, making the only fiscally responsible decision he could.

Reaction score
If Murray leaves (hopefully)... would you be against taking Gurley with our late first round selection?

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If Murray leaves (hopefully)... would you be against taking Gurley with our late first round selection?

Yes. Bad enough taking a healthy back with a first much less one coming off of injury.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Minus the injury, no problem. The whole no-RB's-in-the-1st round thing is a fad and Gurley was definitely worth a 1st.

In fact, if we are drafting 26 -32 and Melvin Gordon is clearly the BPA, I wouldn't hate it.

Reaction score
Is Melvin Gordon legit? I'm generally wary of big 10 backs. They mostly suck.

I thought Monte Ball was gonna be legit. Nope.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I normally have hesitation with Wisconsin backs but Gordon is legit to me. He isn't a typical Badger plodder, he's got some real explosiveness.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Yep I like Gordon a lot. Would be OK with him in 1

Buddy of mine has been talking up Nate Orchard. Anyone watch much of him?

Also Zack Wegenmann -DE -Montana

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Shhhh be cool man. I tried to entice him with a PAC-12 guy first

Reaction score
Mortensen reporting that the Titans are content with Zach Mettenberger and won't have an interest in a QB early in the draft.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
"and with the 32nd pick of the 2015 NFL Draft, the Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys select.......Todd Gurley, RB, Univ of Georgia"

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score

Yes. I like Gurley but these RBs are easy to find anymore. Save the first for another position. Also, no to big ten RBs in the first round.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes. I like Gurley but these RBs are easy to find anymore. Save the first for another position. Also, no to big ten RBs in the first round.

Gurley is a special player. He'll be 100% recovered by year two.

If he's there in the late first or early second its almost a no brainer pick depending on what they do with Murray. If Murray gets a long term deal then I agree wit you, no RB early.

There are some 2nd/3rd rd type RB's who could do pretty good here, and everytime Randle runs the ball he seems to make big plays. We have options.

Reaction score
Shawn Oakman, Baylor DE, is returning for his senior season.

And so a position of need for us gets a little weaker heading into the draft.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For those of you interested in this type of thing, Texas DT Malcolm Brown should have a good test tonight against an Arkansas O Line that outweighs any NFL O Line this year.

Arkansas has two very good guards in true sophomore Denver Kirkland (6-5/337) and redshirt junior Sebastian Tretola(6-5/350).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
For those of you interested in this type of thing, Texas DT Malcolm Brown should have a good test tonight against an Arkansas O Line that outweighs any NFL O Line this year.

Arkansas has two very good guards in true sophomore Denver Kirkland (6-5/337) and redshirt junior Sebastian Tretola(6-5/350).

Arkansas took Texas to the woodshed. LOL at Horns and their 59 yds of total offense.

And LOL at Bob Stupid and OU last night vs Clemson

Top Bottom