Reaction score
The average announced attendance for Cowboys games at AT&T Stadium this is year is just under 90,000.

The largest crowd of the season [91,379] watched the Philadelphia Eagles ruin Thanksgiving Day by easily cruising to a 33-10 win.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is hoping that a similar size crowd gets to watch a victory over Indianapolis on Sunday.

“I think we’ll be wall-to-wall with Cowboys fans, frankly, just like it was on Thanksgiving, which was, in my mind, maybe the finest crowd, other than our opening day against the Giants years ago,” Jones said Friday on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “I think it was the finest crowd I’ve seen Thanksgiving Day. I was so disappointed that we laid that egg out there. Let’s have that same crowd. We need it.

“That’s trite to say that we need it bad. But the other thing is, I want to reward these great fans that have been with us, and the last game in the stadium for the Cowboys as far as regular season, should have a game of this quality.”

On Monday night, a Saints fan at Soldier Field in Chicago was arrested after pushing Bears owner George McCaskey. The two men apparently were arguing about their seats.

What would Jones do if encountered with a similar fan at AT&T Stadium?

“I hope I still got some quickness,” Jones joked. “I do my best work like that, sitting about 50 feet back. I’m a bad man 50 feet back.

Follow Jon Machota on Twitter: @jonmachota

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He's right. The opener against the giants last year was even louder than the playoff game in 2009. I was at the game last night...the crowd was pretty damn good. I barely have a voice right now.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yep, the crowd seemed into it yesterday.

I think for the most part, the kind of fans that make noise..the passionate ones... will spend money (they don't have) to go to games if they feel the Cowboys are legit. It's hard to spend that kind of money if you feel Jerry is just rolling guys out there and counting on the brand.

Reaction score
Id love to go a playoff game. Tickets go on sale next Monday. Im poor so i wouldnt mind some shitty seats at a cheap price.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If those bastards make the Super Bowl I'm going to go broke. No way they show up in my area for a Super Bowl and I don't find a way to attend.

When they went to Pasadena I was stuck in Somalia.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
If those bastards make the Super Bowl I'm going to go broke.

If they go,I hope it's against the Broncos.
My nephew,who lives in Colorado,rashly promised several years ago that if the Broncos and Cowboys ever both made it at the same time he'd pay for the trip.
I've reminded him of it every year just in case.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
If those bastards make the Super Bowl I'm going to go broke. No way they show up in my area for a Super Bowl and I don't find a way to attend.

When they went to Pasadena I was stuck in Somalia.

I know, I sent you draft reports.

Top Bottom