Reaction score
I guess I'd say the difference is they know they can clinch tomorrow, rather than having to wait a week and win on the road against a team that for whatever reason, gives them fits. Obviously that wasn't the case if Philly had won.

Its a young team that hasn't been to the playoffs since 2009, they've suffered 3 straight years of win or go home defeats in week 17. So yeah, I do think they should be more emotional than they might have been otherwise.
At the same time, it means they can take it easy and still clinch the East in Week 17 if needed.

If Philly had won tonight, a loss to the Colts would have meant we lost control of our own destiny. I think the Eagles losing takes some of that pressure off. Still think they'll be motivated at any rate, and hopefully they're motivated to have a first round bye.

Reaction score
I want Murrray playing today... go all out to get this win and clinch the East. If Murray needs the healing time, he can do that next week. I want no part of another elimination game in Washington. If we can't move up to get a first round bye, then we can use Week 17 as a bye.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Can Cowboys clinch NFC East on Sunday or will it be another frantic finale?

David Moore Follow @DavidMooreDMN Email dmoore@dallasnews.com
Published: December 20, 2014 8:16 pm

On Thanksgiving evening, when you were bloated from too much turkey, sweet potatoes and pecan pie and delirious from watching Philadelphia 33, Dallas 10, did you see this coming?

Life changes quick in the NFL. The unexpected happens in December when the pressure increases and cracks emerge.

The Eagles have cracked with three consecutive losses. Their loss to Washington Saturday evening has altered the narrative heading into Sunday afternoon’s game between the Cowboys and Indianapolis.

This is no longer a must win for the Cowboys. But it’s a win that will secure a division title, a playoff berth and end a four-year post-season drought.

The stakes are high. After going down to the final game of the regular season for three consecutive years with a win-and-in, lose-and-out scenario, after losing all three times, can the Cowboys really afford to lose to the Colts and insert themselves in the same, potential scenario?

What is the definition of insanity?

DeMarco Murray’s status is key. Management is confident he’ll play. The running back told club officials Saturday evening that he feels good. But that’s not a declaration that he’ll take the field against the Colts.

The Cowboys have the incentive and the talent to take care of business regardless of whether or not Murray plays. Not doing so will put the Cowboys in position to see recent history repeat itself.

If this team really is different, it will be evident against Indianapolis.

If not, strap in for that season finale against Washington.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since 2000 the Cowboys are 2-12 in season finales with three of those losses coming at the hands of the Redskins. All three losses came at Fed Ex field.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We need to sit Murray today.

Randle looks good. Let him audition for next year.

I think Randle will get a lot of carries.

But my fantasy team is playing for a championship, I need Murray to score me some TDS

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Edwerderespn Ed Werder
#Colts HC Chuck Pagano on TY Hilton: "If he's not 100 percent, can't open it up and be TY, then there's no sense putting him out there.''

Fuck you Chuck. I need a damn REAL decision for my fantasy team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
mortreport Chris Mortensen
Speaking with Mike Shanahan here in ESPN studio, it's clear he wants to coach again in the right situation.

I'm thinking Chicago

Reaction score
That would be interesting for sure.

But I think the Bears FO wants to shatcan Cutler. Would Chicago still be appealing to Shanny?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Couple of observations from games so far today.

1) The favored teams that really need their games are struggling so far

2) I've seen a few really awful officials calls. The Pats got away with one of the most obvious block in the backs ever on a long punt return, Falcons got called for a pretty awful offensive PI call that wiped out a nice screen and long gain

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Talk about justice.

After officials totally blow an obvious PI call on what would have been a 50+ yd TD for Chicago, Lions turn around and fumble the punt, Bears recover and Clausen throws a TD to Forte.

A Bears win would be potentially huge for us because if Detroit turns around and beats GB next week, they'd win the division at 11-5. We'd be guaranteed of a 1st rd bye at 12-4 and likely would end up with homefield advantage. Assuming of course we won out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Talk about massive fail so far in first half.

Baltimore at Houston. Ravens getting shut out and losing to Texans, who are playing their 4th or 5th string QB I think.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fantasy League Championship Game FAIL today for me:

1) Demarco Murray breaks hand last week, I claim Joseph Randle but Cowboys decide worth possible thing for me, to start Murray and maybe split carries or worse

2) TY Hilton situation...no definitive answer on him but appears to be out, has been one of my best players this yr. I bench him.

3) Matt Stafford, awful in first half against a lousy Bears defense...throws no tds and two red zone ints

4) Steven Jackson gets hurt, hardly plays in first half vs lousy Saints defensive team

5) Ravens defense starts against a QB brought in off street for Texans team playing out string...gives up 16 first half pts and Case Keenum other than one pick is playing ok against a team that had to win

6) Marques Colston...ZERO pts in first half against bad Falcons defense

7) Emanual Sanders for Denver. Questionable and is now playing in a run oriented offense because of injury to Manning

Right now my team has pulled a whopping 10 pts

Top Bottom