Reaction score
Question: Do you see the Cowboys' "Bubble" being burst in the second half of the season?

Tim Cowlishaw: Good question. I could see them maybe going 4-4 in the second half after a 6-2 start but not worse than that. So that gets them to 10 wins and probably gets them into the playoffs. And that's the worse case. I think the defense is showing some real cracks although I don't think it will ever sink to last year's level. The Romo uncertainty obviously makes everything right now just a guess.

Question: When will the Cowboys cut Randle? It seems the recently released video and the endorsement both speak to a greater issue at hand... Mockery? Have to think Garrett is not on board with your backup running back/ST player being in the eye of the media for ALL of the wrong reasons. Ryan Williams looks like a more than formidable alternative in the running game.

Tim Cowlishaw: I guess the video just doesn't bother me as much as it does some. He didn't seem to be taking it very seriously but I don't know exactly how he was supposed to act. It's embarrassing for sure, I'm not sure it's much beyond that. As far as Ryan Williams, if he had looked better than Randle in the summer, he would be here. He didn't. Randle -- Monday's fumble aside -- has potential to help.

Question: So when your team takes on a little adversity, you find out what you have. I went to Sunday's game, and what I think we have is an owner/GM who still can't help himself to insert his influence IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME. So he didn't tell Garrett to put Romo back in the game? He doesn't have to. Everyone understands that when Jerry clears his throat and mentions Romo's availability, Garrett's only response is to say, "How soon?" The Cowboys have a better product on the field, but it's still the same dysfunctional product off of it. Your opinion?

Tim Cowlishaw: It's always unsettling to see Jerry not just on the sidelines but actually talking to the head coach in the middle of a game. Even if he sees himself solely as the GM at the moment, I don't see Jerry Reese talking to Tom Coughlin on the Giants' sideline. It's not new, we have seen it before, but it's troubling. Now I don't think he TOLD Garrett to put Romo in, I think Garrett does that on his own. And I think it was the right call even though it did not go well.

Question: Sure seems like the media cares more about Jerry being on the sidelines than the fans or anyone on the team. Do you agree that it's "stories" like this one that feed the notion that the media sometimes creates stories to generate interest?

Tim Cowlishaw: The media definitely does that at times, but the sheer number of questions I have over here about Jerry on the sidelines, the things I see on twitter, the calls I get on radio about it -- it's not like the media is driving a story that the fans aren't thinking or talking about here.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tim Cowlishaw: It's always unsettling to see Jerry not just on the sidelines but actually talking to the head coach in the middle of a game. Even if he sees himself solely as the GM at the moment, I don't see Jerry Reese talking to Tom Coughlin on the Giants' sideline. It's not new, we have seen it before, but it's troubling. Now I don't think he TOLD Garrett to put Romo in, I think Garrett does that on his own. And I think it was the right call even though it did not go well.

Cowlishaw didn't get the memo that we're run just like every other team. But I digress. Jerry said he went down to give the players a pep talk. I know if it was me playing, I'd be like "old man, just pay me and shut the fuck up"

Reaction score
Question: When will the Cowboys cut Randle? It seems the recently released video and the endorsement both speak to a greater issue at hand... Mockery? Have to think Garrett is not on board with your backup running back/ST player being in the eye of the media for ALL of the wrong reasons. Ryan Williams looks like a more than formidable alternative in the running game.

Tim Cowlishaw: I guess the video just doesn't bother me as much as it does some. He didn't seem to be taking it very seriously but I don't know exactly how he was supposed to act. It's embarrassing for sure, I'm not sure it's much beyond that. As far as Ryan Williams, if he had looked better than Randle in the summer, he would be here. He didn't. Randle -- Monday's fumble aside -- has potential to help.

I guess Tim "The Lush" didn't watch any preseason games or is still showing up to work plastered.

Ryan looked like a much better RB to me during preseason then he F'd up and got injured..

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't think he TOLD Garrett to put Romo in, I think Garrett does that on his own. And I think it was the right call even though it did not go well.
It is NEVER the right fucking call to pull a backup QB who just led you to TWO scoring drives!

Top Bottom