Reaction score
IRVING – Dallas Cowboys outside linebacker Bruce Carter broke his left ring finger during Thursday’s practice at Valley Ranch.

Although Carter immediately left practice and headed to the hospital, he says it will not prevent him from playing Sunday against Arizona.

Carter, who said he will not need surgery, explained that his finger got caught in the pads of running back Lance Dunbar.

“We went to the hospital and let the doc look at it,” Carter said. “He said it looked fine. … I’ll be fine. They’re just going to use kind of like this splint I have now. Wrap it up and I should be fine.”

Will Carter still be able to catch interceptions if they come his way?

“I’ll definitely be able to catch those,” he said. “Hopefully they come my way.”

Carter is expected to start on the strongside and play in the team’s nickel package.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Broken finger ain't too bad, I played with the same finger broken - They just taped it to the adjacent finger and said "suck it up." Then after that game it had to have surgery because it was a spiral fracture, they had to put pins in it. Still played the rest of the season, with the cast on - Randy White style.

Top Bottom