dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Saw some blurb that S Jones said today if not for the IR rule mandating how long Lawrence had to remain out, he could play.

Sounds like he will be full go for practicing this week and then next week be active vs Arizona.

Watching this clip, we should sure use some of this from our DL.

[video=youtube;fUhra41KS0Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUhra41KS0Y[/video]

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
That is eome really bad music on that video. I am anxious to see if the draft picks and trade-up was worth it.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
He still looks kind of small and skinny to me based on the video. Has he packed on some size and strength? Right after we drafted him the Zone had a video they claimed make him look great, but what I saw was mostly a guy being pushed around by college tackles. Pro linemen are on an entirely different level. The kid looks like a 3-4 linebacker to me. Maybe he will be Ok as a situational pass rusher.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The word is he has really changed his body in the couple months he's been out, I thought I read he was close to 260 now

Its words from Jerruh, but he says people were "frothing at the mouth" after watching him in practice last week. I saw some comments from some of the players and Broaddus too that said he really looked good going against T Smith

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
How good is this guy expected to be?

Is he expected to play every down, or just in passing situations?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How good is this guy expected to be?

Is he expected to play every down, or just in passing situations?

I think they really believed he'd win the starting RDE job when camp began.

But he's missed alot of time, I think we'll mainly see him in passing situations for a few weeks.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yeah, according to 105.3 The Fan, he's packed on a lot more upper - body strength. He's bigger now than in that video.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Good to hear he used his downtime wisely. We need a speed rusher, but he must also be able to play the run and disengage blockers to pursue.

Reaction score
Wasn't the initial impressions of him that he was a lot stronger than they thought? DH Lawrence on one side and Spencer on the other! Bookends of Doom.

In a related story, Michael Sam was cut today and they signed Troy Davis. Not sure where, how or if Davis fits in or will play but as a situational OLB rusher a la Erik Walden, he has strong specs. Very very quick in short area for 6' 2" 251 LBs. 4.14 20 yard shuttle and 1.58 10 yard split (Alshon Jeffrey runs a 1.64 and Jonathan Baldwin runs a 1.58). Solid college stats including 18 sacks, 4 pass break ups etc.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Interesting that they let go of a tweener pass-rusher to make room for another tweener pass rusher.

Guess Sam just isn't very good rushing the passer.

Top Bottom