cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Football’s Randall Earns Pac-12 Player of the Week Honors - Arizona State Sun Devils

My boy Damarious doing big things.....

Football’s Randall Earns Pac-12 Player of the Week Honors
Courtesy: Sun Devil Athletics
Release: 10/20/2014

TEMPE, Ariz. – Arizona State University redshirt senior safety Damarious Randall has been named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week after leading the Sun Devils to a 26-10 win over two-time reigning Pac-12 Champion Stanford on Oct. 18, the conference announced Monday.

This is the first weekly Pac-12 honor for the Sun Devils this season, and their 94th since 1983, and marks Randall’s second career selection after he earned the recognition Dec. 2, 2013.

Randall, a senior from Pensacola Fla., accounted for seven solo tackles and a sack, forced and recovered a fumble, and broke up one pass in the Devils’ win. Stanford fumbled a punt near the end of the second quarter and Randall recovered at Stanford’s 12-yard-line to set up the Sun Devils’ second touchdown of the game. His nine-yard sack and forced fumble on Cardinal quarterback Kevin Hogan also ended Stanford’s second drive of the game.

Randall led a defense that shut out the Cardinal in the first half for the first time in Stanford’s past 87 games and played a key role in holding the Stanford running game to just 76 yards on the ground, which marked only the second time in the past 31 games the Cardinal have been held below 100 rushing yards.

Randall extended his team-leading tackles total to 58, including 52 solo tackles and six for loss. He also has two pass break-ups, two pass deflections and two forced fumbles on the year.

Kicker Zane Gonzalez was one of three placekickers selected as a Lou Groza Award Star of the Week and was named a College Football Performance Awards honorable mention selection. Running back DJ Foster also earned week eight College Football Performance Award honors.

Arizona State Sun Devils Football

I saw him Monday night and I predicted a pick against Hogan. We talked about Hogan's slow release and how he tries to force the ball deep to Ty Montgomery. Damarious dropped the pick but still had a great game.

Top Bottom