Reaction score
After Week 7....

If the playoffs were today:

Wild Card Weekend

Bye week
1. Dallas Cowboys (6-1)
2. Arizona Cardinals (5-1)

6. Green Bay Packers (5-2) @ 3. Detroit Lions (5-2)
5. Philadelphia Eagles (5-1) @ 4. Carolina Panthers (3-3)

Outside looking in:

7. San Francisco 49'ers (4-3)
8. Seattle Seahawks (3-3)
9. Chicago Bears (3-4)
10. New York Giants (3-4)

Noteworthy Week 8 Games:

Detroit Lions @ Atlanta Falcons
Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers
Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals
Green Bay Packers @ New Orleans Saints
Washington Redskins @ Dallas Cowboys

Reaction score
Rodgers scares me. He's back to his deadly self. I hope the Cowboys don't come up against him in the playoffs.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Rodgers scares me. He's back to his deadly self. I hope the Cowboys don't come up against him in the playoffs.

I'm more concerned with Philly. Dallas seems to hold it's own against big names and big faces. No matter who's coaching, playing QB or catching Philly always plays the Cowboys tough and even when down they can win against Dallas.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think we're better than Philly, at least right now. Still don't believe in Foles.

Just from the eye test, in the NFC, I've been most impressed with us, Green Bay, and Detroit.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I do too, but it's Philly and like New York, their Super Bowl is every time they play Dallas. It's why I can't stand when they're on a roll.

Yesterday New York looked better than they actually are. The rest of the season we'll see them, like we saw them before yesterday: inept and lousy. But against Dallas, they play their best.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well, like I've posted before, I'd been very impressed with them after those first couple of awful weeks... Until Philly, of course.

I think they're okay, they're just so beat up right now. Imagine if we were missing Dez and Demarco on offense plus a good starting corner (not Claiborne) and starting DT... We'd look a lot different.

Reaction score
The 2007 season was pretty great right up until the gut wrenching one and done playoff performance. That one really stung.

For me as a fan, the worst case scenario would be for the Cowboys to repeat 2007 -- to have a great regular season only to lose the first game of the playoffs.

Yeah, the Eagles will be tough. So will Detroit and the Packers.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Well, like I've posted before, I'd been very impressed with them after those first couple of awful weeks... Until Philly, of course.

I think they're okay, they're just so beat up right now. Imagine if we were missing Dez and Demarco on offense plus a good starting corner (not Claiborne) and starting DT... We'd look a lot different.

Injuries aside, they wouldn't have been a top two any way. Their 3 game streak was against the hapless skins and the little better middle runners Atlanta and Houston. Coming into the season their oline was a problem and will be the rest of the season. But they still played Dallas strong. :lol And they'll do it again in Jersey in the colder weather.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Philly scares me because the offense is high-powered, attacking all of the time and the defense is extremely opportunistic.

As far as looking way down the road, Aaron Rodgers and Petyon Manning terrify me, especially with Jeff Heath playing significant snaps and no real pass rush.

Reaction score
I do too, but it's Philly and like New York, their Super Bowl is every time they play Dallas. It's why I can't stand when they're on a roll.

Yesterday New York looked better than they actually are. The rest of the season we'll see them, like we saw them before yesterday: inept and lousy. But against Dallas, they play their best.
It's pretty crazy that our other divisional foes play so shitty when they play each other. We hardly ever get an "easy win" against anyone in our division, no matter how bad.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
It's pretty crazy that our other divisional foes play so shitty when they play each other. We hardly ever get an "easy win" against anyone in our division, no matter how bad.

Everyone wants to beat the Cowboys.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score

Exactly. And when the bastards are playing good football, they're much more dangerous.
I normally feel there's a better chance playing a great non division opponent, than a good division rival.

And remember Zero, it was the division rival NY F'n Giants that put the lid on that great 2007 season.

Reaction score
Everyone wants to beat the Cowboys.
I want to beat all of those fucking teams too. Why wouldn't the Giants want to beat the Eagles? Or the Redskins? I mean like they want to beat us... They devote all this angst toward the Cowboys. Do they not have enough to go around?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think we're better than Philly, at least right now. Still don't believe in Foles.

Just from the eye test, in the NFC, I've been most impressed with us, Green Bay, and Detroit.

Arizona is 5-1 and their starting QB missed a number of games. I think their D is legit and their coach is an excellent game planner.

If they beat Philly this weekend and we take care of Washington, Arizona v Dallas at midseason (the following week) is a really, really key NFC game this yr.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I want to beat all of those fucking teams too. Why wouldn't the Giants want to beat the Eagles? Or the Redskins? I mean like they want to beat us... They devote all this angst toward the Cowboys. Do they not have enough to go around?

I don't know, man. That's all I had. :lol

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I dunno, I remember when Parcells came here and they asked Lawrence Taylor how weird that was and if he could've picked a worse team.

LT said, "Yeah. He coulda gone to Philly." LOL

Top Bottom