Reaction score
Stephen overruling Jerry and a neutered Garrett are major factors for this team's success.

Martin doesnt get drafted unless Jerry allows it. You cant get around the fact that he is still in charge. I have zero problem still giving Jerry credit for doing the right thing...backing off and letting go.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Because Rex said so, among other people.

Rex, or Rob? And you'd believe either of them anyway?

But every reporter who covers this team, and I mean all of them, said at the time he never wanted to give it up. That's probably why he didn't get along with Callahan and why he took it back last year.

The offense got better after Callahan was seemingly stripped of the playcalling, did it not? And its the best its been in a long time this year (offense in general, and playcalling)

Yes, he got to decide on Linehan, because that was the only guy available he'd worked with. And it's not like Linehan is some wizard anyway. He's a good solid guy. But that's enough to be an improvement over Garrett.

He wanted Norv, and reportedly Jerry wouldn't allow it.

Pep covered the Kiffin/Marinelli part.

That might be true, then again if they had tried to hire Marinelli as DC from day one maybe he would have taken it then.

And I agree, Jerry doesn't know shit about players or building a team. But at least he's been listening to Ciskowski and I guess now McClay. And Stephen, who probably deserves a lot of the credit.

I guess if you believe the reports, SJ loves him some Garrett as much, if not more than Jerruh. I think Garrett deserves some credit for them relying more of the people who do that stuff everyday and not just the Jerry throw a dart at the board philosophy of the past.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Martin doesnt get drafted unless Jerry allows it. You cant get around the fact that he is still in charge. I have zero problem still giving Jerry credit for doing the right thing...backing off and letting go.

Jerry was pissed he wasn't allowed to draft Manziel. He said it went against everything his gut was telling him. He also said Stephen had to actually stop him from drafting Manziel.

Sounds like he's in charge to me.

Reaction score
Jerry was pissed he wasn't allowed to draft Manziel. He said it went against everything his gut was telling him. He also said Stephen had to actually stop him from drafting Manziel.

Sounds like he's in charge to me.

Either Jerry Jones is in control or he is not. I believe he is and everything goes through his approval. Good and bad.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Unbelievable.

Jerry is in charge.

Jerry wanted Johnny Manziel badly. Was told no.

This team, that is 6-1, could have a starting right guard who looks like a Pro Bowler and is partially responsible for the leading rusher in the NFL

ORRRRRRRR

a better back-up than Brandon Wheeden.

Jerry should get credit? Uh huh.

Sounds good.

Reaction score
FWIW- I wouldn't give Jerry much credit even if the team won 5 Super Bowls in a row.

Garrett, I could give some credit to ... as a walk around head coach. Doesn't mean I don't remember the list of mistakes he made before the current assistant coaches were areound.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Too soon to eat crow. Romo could get hit hard and end his and Jason's career. It is possible.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Too soon to eat crow. Romo could get hit hard and end his and Jason's career. It is possible.
I mean.... That's true of any QB. Or any player for that matter.

Romo's taken some good hard hits and keeps popping right back up.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I mean.... That's true of any QB. Or any player for that matter.

Romo's taken some good hard hits and keeps popping right back up.

Most QB's are not coming off a couple of back surgeries in the later stages of his career.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
He said he would be "even better" after the disk surgery and I think he just might be.

It takes a helluva man to come back from that invasive procedure. My hat's off to Tony.

I don't know if it's been covered in the 4 pages of this thread that I don't feel like reading but you need to be eating the most crow of all. There hasn't been a bigger Romo hater on this board than you. Now I see you running around trying to make up for it. Fuck that. Eat your crow.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't know if it's been covered in the 4 pages of this thread that I don't feel like reading but you need to be eating the most crow of all. There hasn't been a bigger Romo hater on this board than you. Now I see you running around trying to make up for it. Fuck that. Eat your crow.
Nonsense. I have always said I admire Tony for what he's accomplished based on where he came from and what he had to overcome, and the amount of shit he had to eat first as a roster bubble 3rd teamer, then as a token, no other choice second teamer, then as a bashed on starter. I have a ton of respect for him and even more now that he has overcome what percentage wise, is a debilitating surgery for most people. I've never been a fan though of his many gaffes, his many bonehead plays, and his up to this year, yuk-yuk casual attitude about everything.

We have a much more serious and much more determined, focused and mature Tony Romo this year, many of the irritating old habits vanquished. The climb back to productivity out of the depths of lower back disk surgery hell are mostly why. It takes a helluva man to change, and Tony did.

Reaction score
Naw.

He's been our MVP for years, but the league wide consensus is that Murray drives our offense.

Top Bottom