Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just gauging interest. If it were installed it wouldn't change anything - mobile device users would still be able to use the default skins instead, or even the mobile skin. But a good many mobile device users like Tapatalk.

Any of those here?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm kind of curious about that myself. I get the prompt on several forums I visit but I've never installed it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm kind of curious about that myself. I get the prompt on several forums I visit but I've never installed it.
I've never personally used it myself, but I do have it installed on one of my other boards and the people there who use it say it's the bomb.

I've noticed the majority of folks who dwell here are mobile device users.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well. The Haggis is in the fire. We are Tapatalk enabled as of right now.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Got it. I've never had a smart phone and wouldn't know how to use one if I did. Flip phones and BlackBerry....old school.
I went "smartphone" finally back in 2010... Never use the thing for the web. But alot of people do, in fact it's becoming the majority of web users.

I told the forum owners community way back in 2006 "Embrace mobile or die." And it was true.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Seems all right.
I'll explore a little more after I charge this POS phone up.
Not a big space eater.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Well. The Haggis is in the fire. We are Tapatalk enabled as of right now.

It is as good as the admin's ability to take advantage of the features. I have tried it on one other site where I am a regular. I did not like it. Phones are bigger, sharper etc, and my son loves his new Samsung S4. He loved his S3 also. Kids love gadgets. So do I. No selfies, or other attention needed.

Manster7588

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Tried the tap talk app. I prefer not to use it. Coll thing is you aren't forced to do so. Each poster can read and post the way they like.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I only use Tapatalk. It works well and manages different boards. Plus it's made for mobile devices where as some of the boards I frequent are not so you have to resize the page to fit, and turn your phone sideways when you want to post, then scroll up or down to find the buttons you need.

Tapatalk just makes msg boards easy to use without all the extra bs

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Plus it's made for mobile devices where as some of the boards I frequent are not so you have to resize the page to fit, and turn your phone sideways when you want to post, then scroll up or down to find the buttons you need.
Working on a conversion for this place, making it automatically mobile responsive using bootstrap CSS, so this will improve greatly for mobile users who don't use tapatalk.

Top Bottom