cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Let me dream you bastards!

• The Ray Rice video scandal forces Roger Goodell to resign. The League, in an effort to clean up its image, hires some badass as the new Commissioner. This new guy comes in and drops the ban hammer on Jerry Jones for all of the recent negative pub he's created for the NFL (strippers and sexual lawsuit, partying it up with VP of officials). Think federal judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis, who was appointed the first commish of baseball, and how he handled the Black Sox scandal.
• Stephen Jones decides enough is enough and boots Garrett after disastrous 2 -6 start to this season. Pick whoever you want as interim Head Coach (Callahan, Marinelli). Just know that the whole staff is informed their contracts are up at the end of the season.
• Big name Head Coach is hired and allowed to name his GM. I’ll say Jon Gruden but Jim Harbaugh works too.
• Head Coach then hand picks his entire staff. You know, just like almost every other team.
• Free agents, with the exceptions of Demarco Murray and Rolando McClain, are told no thanks.
• High-priced underperformers (Carr, Free, Church, etc) sent packing.
• Aggressive free agent signings. Think Denver with Emannuel Sanders, Aqib Talib, TJ Ward, and DeMarcus Ware in one off-season.
• Aggressive defensive-minded draft.

Cowboy fans get to root for quality football again instead of the best merchandising, most valuable franchise in sports, but doesn’t do-crap-on-the-field garbage we’ve been subjected to the last several years.

Reaction score
Man I hope... But if Jerry is banned you can bet it will be world war 3 in the courts over it.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Why would you ever want this old used up dude back? Other than for a one day contract to retire.

No. Not saying I want Ware back. In the past when ever someone mentions signing 4 or 5 free agents, people will say you can't. I was giving an example of how a high-payroll team like Denver was still able to be aggressive and sign multiple free agents.

An example of players I would try to sign next off-season would be like:
Nick Fairley, KJ Wright, Rahim Moore, and Mike Iupati. With the exception of Iupati, not world beaters but all guys who will come in, start, and upgrade their positions.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Definitely a dream scenario but I'll go with it. A few things I'd have a problem with...

• Big name Head Coach is hired and allowed to name his GM. I’ll say Jon Gruden but Jim Harbaugh works too.

Jim Harbaugh is an arrogant fuck. He's apparently "losing" his team and those in charge tried trading his ass to the browns. And even if those rumors aren't true.. No thanks. Gruden, I've always been a fan of though.

• High-priced underperformers (Carr, Free, Church, etc) sent packing.

Carr and Free I have no problem with cutting. I actually like Church. He's an overachiever, worked hard for everything he got type of guy that we could use more of. He might not be that star safety that fans crave but good teams have players like him.

• Aggressive free agent signings. Think Denver with Emannuel Sanders, Aqib Talib, TJ Ward, and DeMarcus Ware in one off-season.

I'd pass on this for several reasons.. Are we even gonna have the cap space for it? I know that's what restricted us this past FA period. Also, teams aren't built in free agency. Denver did it because they're ready now. We're not. Let's build thru the draft and not get into big trouble signing players to contracts that always bite us in the ass.

Another thing, regarding the draft, are we gonna look at QB? Maybe not for now but the future. Defense is great and I love the idea but I think this draft we need to grab our future QB. Nothing against Romo cuz I think he'd be great without that shit for brains head coach but he's not gonna be around forever.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No. Not saying I want Ware back. In the past when ever someone mentions signing 4 or 5 free agents, people will say you can't. I was giving an example of how a high-payroll team like Denver was still able to be aggressive and sign multiple free agents.

An example of players I would try to sign next off-season would be like:
Nick Fairley, KJ Wright, Rahim Moore, and Mike Iupati. With the exception of Iupati, not world beaters but all guys who will come in, start, and upgrade their positions.
Cool. Misunderstood.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Just a random question, but do you guys really think if Goodell steps down that his replacement will be any better? Goodell is nothing more than the owner's whore and he takes the heat for the direction and regulations that the owners want implemented. The next person will do the same thing IMO. Goodell's position puts him as the face of unpopular decisions. The next person will only be a different face that is pushing the same agenda, so IMO I really don't care if Goodell stays or not. What say you?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just a random question, but do you guys really think if Goodell steps down that his replacement will be any better?
They'll replace him with a gay black guy or gal.

Really the same type thing if Jerruh dies... We have his idiot offspring.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Condolezza!

I would like to see her replace Goodell. She is a very smart woman and the pressure shouldn't bother her at all after the stuff she has been through. I have never understood why the black community didn't show her the same respect as other black leaders such as Jesse and Al.

Top Bottom