Reaction score
Cowboys to bring in Michael Sam
Updated: September 2, 2014, 5:01 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

The Cowboys plan to bring Michael Sam to Dallas for a physical Wednesday, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Could Michael Sam land in Dallas? A source said he'll be there Wednesday for a physical with the Cowboys.

If all goes well, Sam will be a Cowboy, signed to the team's practice squad, the source said.

Sam, who is seeking to become the first openly gay athlete to play in the NFL, was cut by the St. Louis Rams on Saturday.

The Rams spent a seventh-round draft pick, No. 249 overall, on him in May's draft. He put together a solid preseason performance, coming up with 11 tackles and three sacks. In Thursday night's preseason finale against Miami, Sam finished his preseason work with a team-high six tackles.

Sam cleared waivers Sunday and is free to sign with any team.

The Rams finalized their 10-player practice squad on Monday, and it did not include Sam.

Coach Jeff Fisher had suggested that a lack of bodies at positions with little depth could leave the defensive end on the outside looking in when the team added to that unit.

Information from ESPN.com Rams reporter Nick Wagoner was used in this report.

Reaction score
Embrace the gayness if you want, but I am not. It is sick. I guess a child molester would be okay if he can rush the QB. Society can change it's views, but that don't make sucking cock or packing fudge okay.ni don't sugar coat it in an effort to be PC. If Dallas signs Sam, I am through with them. That is my right and my choice.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
jnday is gonna freak.

I am done and so are many more fans . Tom Landry would really be proud. It was bad enough to support this sorry ass team, but after 40+ years as a fan , I hope they never win another game.

Reaction score
I am done and so are many more fans . Tom Landry would really be proud. It was bad enough to support this sorry ass team, but after 40+ years as a fan , I hope they never win another game.

We-Did-It.gif

Reaction score
He's probably better than half the DL on the 53. We need talent there. Not that he's the most talented, but we can't be choosy.

Top Bottom