jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Hit the gas to avoid the helmet strike? You mean the helmet he was wearing while lying lifeless on the ground? I can see why you would think that...

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Look at the blue car swerve a little as the guy runs on the track, Tony's swerve might not have had murderous intent.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hit the gas to avoid the helmet strike? You mean the helmet he was wearing while lying lifeless on the ground? I can see why you would think that...
Yeah no helmet, looks like it might have been a flipoff instead, or a attempt to punch. These cars aren't wide anywhere except the wing.
Look at the blue car swerve a little as the guy runs on the track, Tony's swerve might not have had murderous intent.
I think gunning it and swerving a little was to dodge the punch or whatever the kid was trying to do. Then again when you hook a 150lb (minimum) person on the wing of these tiny cars, the car is gonna swerve.

I don't assume bad intentions on Tony, although he IS a known hothead.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Its pretty common for races to get out of their cars and walk around.. Still dumb, but it's common..

Reaction score
I admit I've been out of touch with all the Nascar news since moving to MX. However, Im curious about the subject of this article stating 'Tony Stewart kills another driver.

When did he kill another driver?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Stewart skipping another Sprint Cup race. Actually, he should feel bad and should feel responsible about that kid's death. He was only emulating YOU Tony, and YOUR same stupid shit you pull. No telling how many young guys get into racing wanting to be just like you.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
About the engine sound, for those that do not know, you steer with the throttle coming out of corners on a dirt track. Turning the steering wheel does little to change direction of the gar without added gas. Also, the right side of those type of cars have horrible viability due to the design. Not saying that is a good thing, but rather how it is.

Only Stewart will know what was in his heart when it happened.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He should really get back on the track and put it behind him if he's able.

He didn't kill or murder anyone. Someone jumped in front of his car.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
About the engine sound, for those that do not know, you steer with the throttle coming out of corners on a dirt track. Turning the steering wheel does little to change direction of the gar without added gas. Also, the right side of those type of cars have horrible viability due to the design. Not saying that is a good thing, but rather how it is.

Only Stewart will know what was in his heart when it happened.
As dark as the track was, I have doubts whether Stweart even saw the guy there, in his black firesuit. But the video is pretty clear, the wing clipped the guy which accounts for the sudden direction change of the car, not anything to do with steering which as you said really doesn't have all that much influence there.

Top Bottom